Author Topic: Tennessee student suspended after viral anti-bullying video hurts feelings of principal and teachers  (Read 239 times)

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
A Tennessee high school student was suspended after her principal complained her viral anti-bullying video hurt his feelings and those of teachers, as well.

Emily Gipson, 16, a junior at Lebanon High School, said school administrators accused her of  “trying to incite violence” and gave her a two-day-in-school suspension for the video entitled “Welcome to Lebanon High School,” posted Jan. 22 on her YouTube channel.

The video, which as of Thursday had more than 760,000 views, showed Gipson asking other students to treat each other better. Gipson said she decided to make the video after a classmate, Allie Johnson, committed suicide in October. Her friends told News 4 Johnson was bullied before she took her own life.

[excerpted]

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/01/tennessee-student-suspended-after-viral-anti-bullying-video-hurts-feelings-principal-and-teachers.html

The Principal teachers had their "feelings hurt"?  SMDH
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Principal Scott Walter said: ‘Of course, she does have her right to free speech.

But only speech that we agree with.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."