Author Topic: BREAKING: @FBI Director Christopher Wray and DOJ wants all names redacted from #FISAMemo  (Read 1142 times)

Offline anubias

BREAKING: @FBI Director Christopher Wray and DOJ wants all names redacted from #FISAMemo putting pressure on White House and House Intelligence Committee, Government officials say ... is releasing names a threat to national security?

Sarah Carter

https://mobile.twitter.com/SaraCarterDC/status/959124806959554561?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
lol   this is such BS.   Those folks should be strung up old west style.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline anubias

lol   this is such BS.   Those folks should be strung up old west style.

Yep.  They are in complete panic mode. 

According to FOX, Trump is going to release the memo after his talk that is going on now.  Dunno if this latest request will slow it down, but hopefully not.  Release the damned thing already!

Now i see that others at FOX are saying tomorrow.  LOL. This is just unbelievable.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 06:17:34 pm by anubias »

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
“I am proud to announce Christopher as my choice as the Director of the FBI. During his previous service at the Department of Justice, Christopher was the leader of major fraud investigations, and was a key part of the team overseeing the Justice Department’s actions in the war on terrorism following the 9/11 attacks,” said President Trump. “He is an impeccably qualified individual, and I know that he will again serve his country as a fierce guardian of the law and model of integrity once the Senate confirms him to lead the FBI."

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/president-donald-j-trump-announces-intent-nominate-christopher-wray-director-federal-bureau-investigation/
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline skeeter

Someone catch a cold & LEAK the damn thing.

Offline driftdiver

“I am proud to announce Christopher as my choice as the Director of the FBI. During his previous service at the Department of Justice, Christopher was the leader of major fraud investigations, and was a key part of the team overseeing the Justice Department’s actions in the war on terrorism following the 9/11 attacks,” said President Trump. “He is an impeccably qualified individual, and I know that he will again serve his country as a fierce guardian of the law and model of integrity once the Senate confirms him to lead the FBI."

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/president-donald-j-trump-announces-intent-nominate-christopher-wray-director-federal-bureau-investigation/

Well obviously Trump must personally know each of the tens of thousands that work for him.     

Offline anubias

I assume this means that the corrupt have been in control of the FBI since 9/11.  Have they always been corrupt?  I am guessing yes.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

Would you please STFU and do something constructive like find a transvestite to blow you.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 06:27:18 pm by Wingnut »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Oceander

Offline edpc

Someone catch a cold & LEAK the damn thing.

Where are the W. Mark Felts, Daniel Ellsbergs, and Jeffery Sterlings when you need them?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 06:28:21 pm by edpc »

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Well obviously Trump must personally know each of the tens of thousands that work for him.   

This is one of the top level positions personally chosen by him (his words: "only the best"), not one of the tens of thousands of peons in a department.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Tell Chris to crap in one hand and want in the other and see which one gets full faster.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

Would you please STFU and do something constructive like find a transvestite to blow you.

You said your schedule (and stomach) was full....
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 06:32:25 pm by edpc »

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

You said your schedule was full....

I draw the line at gimps.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline skeeter

Where are the W. Mark Felts, Daniel Ellsbergs, and Jeffery Sterlings when you need them?

Or Tom Hanks.

BTW I wonder what justification the FBI is offering for these redactions, other than the obvious political ones.

Offline anubias

This is one of the top level positions personally chosen by him (his words: "only the best"), not one of the tens of thousands of peons in a department.

@AbaraXas
@edpc

You both disappoint me.  Trump is an outsider that would have no idea when he was running for POTUS that the entire 7th floor of the FBI is corrupt, DOJ, Sessions, ..., etc. much less how far down the line that corruption runs.  To blame him for appointing Wray that I would assume was suggested by someone he trusts that is also corrupt is disingenuous to me.  I’m sure that he is under siege by the corrupt as it appears to be insidious. 

Trump needed experience to be the Director.  Wray had that.  Should he have appointed Don Jr. as he appears to be the only person that he can truly trust?  Of course not. 

One would think you would wish the man success in the effort to root out some of the corruption as opposed to jeering, but that’s just me.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 06:52:59 pm by anubias »

Offline edpc

@AbaraXas
@edpc

To blame him for appointing Wray that I would assume was suggested by someone he trusts that is also corrupt is disingenuous to me.

If we're going to play that game, I never want to hear another word about his appointment of Gorsuch or anyone else as some great accomplishment.  Jesus.....talk about disingenuous.

*****rollingeyes*****

Offline anubias

If we're going to play that game, I never want to hear another word about his appointment of Gorsuch or anyone else as some great accomplishment.  Jesus.....talk about disingenuous.

*****rollingeyes*****

You have never heard me tout Gorsuch as an accomplishment, great or not.  The jury is still out on Gorsuch.  While I haven’t touted it, he at least was qualified unlike the Obama appointees, but after seeing all the rampant corruption, I’m no longer sure “qualified” is a good thing.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 07:10:55 pm by anubias »

Offline driftdiver

*****rollingeyes*****

@edpc
You use the benefit of hindsight to slam Trump all the time.   Gosh how great it must be to be perfect.

Heck Reagan had Bush as a VP.  Talk about bad judgement.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
@edpc
You use the benefit of hindsight to slam Trump all the time.   Gosh how great it must be to be perfect.

Heck Reagan had Bush as a VP.  Talk about bad judgement.

Anyone who is looking for the perfect candidate had better throw his own hat in the ring because that's the only one there is!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Anyone who is looking for the perfect candidate had better throw his own hat in the ring because that's the only one there is!

Funny how only Trump seems to be allowed these sorts of mistakes.

Offline edpc

@edpc Gosh how great it must be to be perfect.

Ah yes.....the go-to 'you must be perfect' line is usually trotted out at the opportune time.  You guys wave that particular crutch around more than Ji Seong-ho.

Offline driftdiver

Funny how only Trump seems to be allowed these sorts of mistakes.

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

I recall Reagan taking a lot of heat for Bush as well as other appointsments he made.

I guess to your point Trump should have know how corrupt the FBI, NSA, CIA, DOJ was.

Offline driftdiver

Ah yes.....the go-to 'you must be perfect' line is usually trotted out at the opportune time.  You guys wave that particular crutch around more than Ji Seong-ho.

@edpc
Its impossible to have a discussion with you without you slinging mud. 

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Never was a horse that couldn't be rode and there never has been a cowboy who couldn't be throwed!

- J. R. R. Tolkien