Author Topic: VEGAS: Docs shows police ID'd 2nd person of interest in Vegas shooting within days  (Read 1414 times)

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
“Until the investigation can rule otherwise, Marilou Danley and Douglas Haig have become persons of interest who may have conspired with Stephen Paddock to commit Murder with a Deadly Weapon,” according to the Metropolitan Police Department document, which was prepared in October.

Danley was Paddock’s girlfriend and initially was named as a person of interest in the investigation. Haig, whose name had not been previously released, could not be reached for immediate comment Tuesday.

When contacted by phone Tuesday about the newly released name, Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo said only, “If you’ve got it, publish it.” He said he could not comment on a federal case.

An FBI spokeswoman said she could not immediately comment Tuesday.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/shootings/document-shows-police-idd-2nd-person-of-interest-in-days-after-las-vegas-shooting/

I can't find a thing about "Douglas Haig" except a WW1 British commander and articles about this name related to Vegas shooter.

So, the sheriff can't comment on a federal case? Of course the FBI is mum.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Something very strange going on with this.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline austingirl

Something very strange going on with this.

Very strange, indeed. Is Douglas Haig another mystery man with no internet presence?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Bookmark.

Offline austingirl

@Smokin Joe

Have you seen this? :pondering:

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Disclaimer, anyone can put anything on LinkedIn and other social media sites, and it is not uncommon for trolls to make fake accounts when names like this pop up. (actually it is very common..)..

...with that being said...

Offline Suppressed

Let's hope getting his name out there alerts him in time to go into hiding.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline austingirl

Let's hope getting his name out there alerts him in time to go into hiding.
He was known to the LV police in October. They should have talked to him by now.

Offline Suppressed

He was known to the LV police in October. They should have talked to him by now.

He might even be tapped or otherwise under surveillance.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline austingirl

Disclaimer, anyone can put anything on LinkedIn and other social media sites, and it is not uncommon for trolls to make fake accounts when names like this pop up. (actually it is very common..)..

...with that being said...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING: Judge unseals search warrant records, 2nd person of interest in the Las Vegas shooting has been identified as DOUGLAS HAIG.

Haig&#39;s LinkedIn shows he had a "DOD Top Secret clearance", worked for top weapons manufacturers, and specialized in Military Ammunition. pic.twitter.com/NhTWupKF9P</p>— Mike Tokes (@MikeTokes) January 30, 2018

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

@AbaraXas

Funny that Haig's name doesn't appear on the document shown in the tweet. No way to tell when the profile was made. Agree- we don't know if it's real. Paddock did fly into Phoenix before the attack and drove home in a rental car.

This profile is too convenient, IMO.

Offline austingirl

He might even be tapped or otherwise under surveillance.

True, but Sheriff Lombardo said "if you have the name, release it."

Offline austingirl

@AbaraXas

Funny that Haig's name doesn't appear on the document shown in the tweet. No way to tell when the profile was made. Agree- we don't know if it's real. Paddock did fly into Phoenix before the attack and drove home in a rental car.

This profile is too convenient, IMO.

Maybe not. Douglas Haig owns
SPECIALIZED MILITARY AMMUNITION LLC
http://www.arizonacorporates.com/corp/311643.html

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Maybe not. Douglas Haig owns
SPECIALIZED MILITARY AMMUNITION LLC
http://www.arizonacorporates.com/corp/311643.html

@austingirl

Great find!  Extremely interesting.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline austingirl

Found this Newsweek article. Interesting. Newsweek said they interviewed Haig in October and today.

Newsweek did not publish his remarks at the time because authorities declined to publicly connect him to the case, and Haig threatened to take action against the publication if it did. snip

Haig’s lawyer Andrew Marcantel called the person-of-interest allegation “an old story.” Beside the BATFE, he told Newsweek, the FBI had also interviewed his client “several times,” asking “slightly different questions” and he had “answered them all.”

“He’s been 100 percent compliant,” Marcantel said by phone Tuesday night. Whether the feds still consider Haig a person of interest, he said, “is up to them.” snip

On Tuesday, a spokeswoman for the FBI field office in Las Vegas directed Newsweek’s inquiries to the United States Attorney’s Office in Las Vegas. A spokesperson there declined to comment. The bureau’s Las Vegas field office and the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department previously did not respond to  Newsweek’s requests for comment about Haig. Police in Mesa, where Haig lives, directed inquiries to the BATFE. In October, Mary Markos, a spokeswoman for the agency, declined to comment because of the “ongoing investigation.”

http://www.newsweek.com/las-vegas-shooting-person-interest-douglas-haig-795661

Haig denes involvement.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Lots of news on this, even reported in the radio news on the hour.

Az man says he sold ammo to the shooter
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/30/judges-order-release-records-in-las-vegas-mass-shooting.html

Judge orders release of autopsy reports:
https://www.reviewjournal.com/investigations/judge-orders-release-of-las-vegas-shooting-autopsy-reports/  (significant imo, surely this would be conclusive)

Person of interest redacted from Vegas shooting records:
http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2018/01/30/vegas-judge-being-asked-to-unseal-shooting-autopsies/

« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 03:27:26 am by TomSea »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@Smokin Joe

Have you seen this? :pondering:
No, I hadn't. Thanks for the ping.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
There's nothing interesting at all about this. Haig sold ammo to the guy. That's not against the law and there's no connection to the intentions of the shooter.  You may as well include the gun shops sales staff as a people of interest.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Smokin Joe

There's nothing interesting at all about this. Haig sold ammo to the guy. That's not against the law and there's no connection to the intentions of the shooter.  You may as well include the gun shops sales staff as a people of interest.
I'm more interested in what influence on all this may have come from the PI, but also curious to see the toxicology results and to find out if any of the brain matter they examined showed signs of abnormality (tumors, infection, etc.)

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline austingirl

Correct. Turns out they forgot to redact his name from the release. He'd already been cleared. A little trip down the rabbit hole. The public wants to know what happened. I don't trust the FBI to give us the truth-ever.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Correct. Turns out they forgot to redact his name from the release. He'd already been cleared. A little trip down the rabbit hole. The public wants to know what happened. I don't trust the FBI to give us the truth-ever.

They didn't quite 'Richard Jewel' him, but the publicly can't be good for his day to day life.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline austingirl

They didn't quite 'Richard Jewel' him, but the publicly can't be good for his day to day life.

No, it hasn't been. The Vegas investigation- another FBI f@ck up.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 02:25:40 am by austingirl »

Offline Smokin Joe

Pretty much a given that the anti-gun folks will haarass or otherwisse mess with the guy. It can't be good for business, either, and watch that same crowd get fired up about "cop-killer bullets", ammo sales, and such crap (not that any of that ballyhoo would have made any difference anyway).

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

No, it hasn't been. The Vegas investigation- another FBI f@ck up.
Those usually happen when the facts don't fit the narrative they want to push. As heavily infested as the FBI and other alphabet agencies are with (Dem) political types, it's a real crapshoot whether someone who is a real and honest investigator will end up on a case, and if their findings will ever be released if they don't please the higher ups.

C S Lewis