Author Topic: Trump kept clapping into the microphone during the State of the Union and Twitter wasn't having it  (Read 757 times)

Offline RoosGirl

No matter who is president, one thing stays consistent during a State of the Union address — there is a ton of clapping.

Senators, congressmen, party leaders, guests, and both the president and vice president will spend a significant portion of the speech clapping after the president delivers lines.

During President Donald Trump's first State of the Union address, one person's clapping overpowered the room full of applause.

It was the president himself. And it was because he kept clapping directly into the microphone.

Continued - http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-clapping-into-microphone-state-of-the-union-2018-1

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Concentrate on the ugliness displayed by the Dems who refused to honor patriotic statements made.

They all seemed to be constipated the way their faces contorted and the constant twitching going on.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

High crimes and misdemeanors. 
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Frank Cannon

Uh oh. The Twit followers are upset. Better shut down the interwebs.

Online goatprairie

Concentrate on the ugliness displayed by the Dems who refused to honor patriotic statements made.

They all seemed to be constipated the way their faces contorted and the constant twitching going on.
They didn't stay away from the brown acid. Pelosi lost her crack pipe and went in without having a hit for at least an hour.

Offline RoosGirl

This is the kind of nonsense article I love about an event like a POTUS speech.  I don't need some Richard telling me what to think about a speech; I can listen and make up my own mind.  But I don't do Twitter, so to know that people were making an effort to bitch about clapping makes me laugh.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
They didn't stay away from the brown acid. Pelosi lost her crack pipe and went in without having a hit for at least an hour.

The warning that I received, you may take with however many grains of salt you wish, that the brown acid that is circulating around us, is specifically not too good.
It's suggested that you do stay away from that; of course, it's your own trip, so, be my guest. But, please be advised that there is a warning on that one.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Frank Cannon

But I don't do Twitter...

That's odd. I heard around the water cooler that you do anyone.

Offline RoosGirl

That's odd. I heard around the water cooler that you do anyone.

LOL

You are proof that that's just not true.

Offline Frank Cannon

LOL

You are proof that that's just not true.

Well if you change your mind you know where to find me.......loitering around the water cooler.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Did the people on Twitter clapback and throw shade? 
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Suppressed

I did find it very annoying that he kept clapping into the microphone.  Sound folks out there...is there any way they could have muted his mic when he did that but gotten it back on fast enough if he said something, by putting a cutoff filter on it or something?  Might be nice for next time, so it doesn't distract from his message.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

And it cost her.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
And it cost her.

I was reading a medical journal the other day and People who abuse diazepam make that pursed lip type face. 
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 09:35:12 pm by Wingnut »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Joe Kennedy III is claiming Chapstick and Nancy is swearing by green apple Jolly Rancher.  That's their story and they're sticking to it.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.