Author Topic: Michelle Obama breaks down awkward Inauguration gift exchange with Melania Trump  (Read 195 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Michelle Obama breaks down awkward Inauguration gift exchange with Melania Trump
by Mandy Mayfield | Jan 31, 2018, 2:59 PM

Former first lady Michelle Obama relived the uncomfortable gift exchange that took place between her and Melania Trump on inauguration day during her first TV interview since leaving the White House.

"Well, there's all this protocol. I mean, this is like a state visit, so they tell you that you're going to do this, they're going to stand here. Never before do you get this gift, so I'm sort of like, 'Okay … What am I supposed to do with this gift?'" Obama said during an interview with Ellen Degeneres.

"And everyone cleared out, and no one would come and take the box. And I'm thinking, 'Do we take the picture with … ?'" she added.

Obama said her husband "saved the day" when he noticed her discombobulation and took the box inside prior to a customary photo op.

"See he grabbed the box and took it back inside," Obama said pointing to a clip of the interaction. "But everybody cleared out. No staff, no one. I was like what do you do with the box?"

The former first lady's confusion during the exchange sparked both memes and speculation on Twitter.

"So, what was in there?" DeGeneres asked.

Obama said the signature Tiffany's blue-box contained a "lovely frame."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/michelle-obama-breaks-down-awkward-inauguration-gift-exchange-with-melania-trump/article/2647714
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34