Author Topic: #SOTU 2018 Live Thread  (Read 16721 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: #SOTU 2018 Live Thread
« Reply #350 on: February 01, 2018, 04:51:06 am »
I know some as well.  Their families adored Obama and thought him to be Jesus Christ himself.  I’ll forego listing all the bennies they receive, but suffice it to say, it chaps my fanny.

I know some that have children together, live together but don't marry.  I am absolutely sure it is about the bennies.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline anubias

« Reply #351 on: February 01, 2018, 04:56:10 am »
I know some that have children together, live together but don't marry.  I am absolutely sure it is about the bennies.

Without a doubt.  Those I know all work under the table making shockingly good wages, but not reported as income to continue getting those bennies.  They’re quite proud of outsmarting the system.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #352 on: February 01, 2018, 05:44:32 am »
Yep, it really makes me mad.  Our tax money pays to provide them with food, cash assistance, healthcare, dental...............
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 05:46:12 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #353 on: February 01, 2018, 01:35:06 pm »
"Americans are Dreamers Too."

The line of the night.

Yes indeed!  I would to have a t-shirt with that saying on it.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #354 on: February 01, 2018, 02:48:03 pm »

I have thought for years there should be a non marriage penalty.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #355 on: February 03, 2018, 03:54:02 am »
I have thought for years there should be a non marriage penalty.

If they are here illegally they shouldn't get anything anyway.

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #356 on: February 03, 2018, 06:14:30 pm »
@Frank Cannon

"Hey lady. Aren't you the one who was telling everyone that the 'Memo' would be released either Monday, Tuesday or today. Times running out for you. This could be quite embarrassing."

Three days late and a dollar short.

Was it you who said we would never see the "Memo"?

At least I posted to everyone I was incorrect at the time!  Did you?

Lighten up, Francis!

22222frying pan

"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #357 on: February 03, 2018, 06:23:56 pm »
"I have thought for years there should be a non marriage penalty."

Me, too.  I know this non-marriage thing has been going on in California since the late 60s.  It was "white folks" then, too.
I really thought the mothers should have been embarrassed, but they were very proud of the benefits they received.  It was beyond my comprehension then as it is now.
"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #358 on: February 03, 2018, 06:46:36 pm »
@Frank Cannon

"Hey lady. Aren't you the one who was telling everyone that the 'Memo' would be released either Monday, Tuesday or today. Times running out for you. This could be quite embarrassing."

Three days late and a dollar short.

Was it you who said we would never see the "Memo"?

At least I posted to everyone I was incorrect at the time!  Did you?

Lighten up, Francis!

22222frying pan

I said no such thing. I just merely called you out for your Amazing Kreskin style prediction.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #359 on: February 03, 2018, 06:55:56 pm »
I said no such thing. I just merely called you out for your Amazing Kreskin style prediction.

You reminded me of that quack and it made me LOL. :laugh: :laugh:

(Be nice to Miss Slippy.  She had to put up with me teasing her in person for days over this, only I was of the opinion we'd never see it ever.  I'm glad I was proven wrong, and she thoroughly enjoyed the last laugh.)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: