Author Topic: #SOTU 2018 Live Thread  (Read 16719 times)

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
Re: #SOTU 2018 Live Thread
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2018, 01:43:31 am »

"Democratic lawmakers, and some men too, show off their ensembles for tonight's State of the Union speech as they show their support for the 'Me Too' movement. President Trump was previously accused of sexual assault"

Looks like they are going to a funeral...
"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

Offline corbe

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2018, 01:46:30 am »
    He'll knock it out of the park like he did a year ago followed promptly by the release of the Memo (another nothing burger), then quickly step on his d*ck with some stupid tweet, putting all this into the irrelevant category rather quickly.  He's his own worse enemy, still.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2018, 01:48:36 am »
First Lady is with the Military?  That is really nice.  I like it.

Is something amiss?  I hope not.  This coup thing is pretty spooky.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2018, 01:50:20 am »
    He'll knock it out of the park like he did a year ago followed promptly by the release of the Memo (another nothing burger), then quickly step on his d*ck with some stupid tweet, putting all this into the irrelevant category rather quickly.  He's his own worse enemy, still.

We'll see ... it depends on the stance he takes on DACA, amnesty and the wall.  If he doesn't do what he's promised his supporters, the DEMS will be jumping for joy!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2018, 01:51:17 am »

That's my fear. Whenever he does something good or is on top of the situation, he always does something to sabotage himself- often on Twitter. He changes the winning narrative, changes focus, and basically takes a steamer on his success. We see this time and time again.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2018, 01:51:58 am »
First Lady is with the Military?  That is really nice.  I like it.

Is something amiss?  I hope not.  This coup thing is pretty spooky.

??? Did I miss a post?  Didn't know that FLOTUS was with the military ... and yes I believe we are witnessing an attempted coup ... and yes it is very scary.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2018, 01:53:30 am »
Looks like they are going to a funeral...

....good thing Ruthie decided not to attend ...  :silly:

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2018, 01:56:40 am »
"??? Did I miss a post?  Didn't know that FLOTUS was with the military ... and yes I believe we are witnessing an attempted coup ... and yes it is very scary."

I heard it on Fox.  I hope I misheard.  Secret Service does not give her enough protection.  Might be the reason she did not go to Davos.  But our Military will protect the President and his family. I am sure of that.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2018, 01:59:25 am »
I heard it on Fox.  I hope I misheard.  Secret Service does not give her enough protection.  Might be the reason she did not go to Davos.  But our Military will protect the President and his family. I am sure of that.
d

We'll see shortly ... NYT is reporting list of people who she will be sitting with.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/30/us/politics/guests-first-lady-sotu.html

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2018, 01:59:33 am »
"....good thing Ruthie decided not to attend ..." :silly:

Yeah!  But Ruthie had made her plans for this date known in August.  Whatever that means.

Offline anubias

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2018, 01:59:41 am »
Melania in White and Cream!     :silly:

Offline endicom

« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2018, 02:01:23 am »
   Maybe he'll expound on that $1.7T Infrastructure package he's got planned. I was under the impression we were broke.  :shrug:

IIRC, that's all levels of government and over ten years. And spending on infrastructure will be done in any case.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2018, 02:02:52 am »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2018, 02:03:21 am »

IIRC, that's all levels of government and over ten years. And spending on infrastructure will be done in any case.

It would be nice to have an account of the trillion Obama spent on infrastructure before we entrust them with trillions more.

Offline anubias

« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2018, 02:03:56 am »
Sleepy Sessions is on his feet and in the room!  I’m shocked!

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2018, 02:04:34 am »
"Melania in White and Cream!"    :silly:

Beautiful, as usual.  I only see one member of the Military next to her.  Looks like his wife has a little turkey in the oven.  The rest of the Trump family are on the other side of her.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2018, 02:06:25 am »
The Black Cauci is remaining seated. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2018, 02:06:59 am »
OMG!!  Melania is a goddess!      :thud:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2018, 02:08:03 am »
The Black Cauci is remaining seated.

Sitting on their brains.

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2018, 02:08:48 am »
@libertybele

She has Military behind her, too.  But I think she had a little party for them earlier.

Offline endicom

« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2018, 02:10:00 am »
It would be nice to have an account of the trillion Obama spent on infrastructure before we entrust them with trillions more.

So many pockets to fill and so little time.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2018, 02:10:12 am »
Even though its been eight years since I've heard journalists couch it in these terms, I'm already tired of all the talk of reaching across the aisle.

Just lead.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 02:10:31 am by skeeter »

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2018, 02:11:24 am »

Probably.

But I'm eternally hopeful that he'll learn to avoid the latter.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2018, 02:11:34 am »
"The Black Cauci is remaining seated."

I want to put in a swear word here, but I won't.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2018, 02:12:46 am »
I swear he took a valium or something.    :laugh: