Author Topic: Emergency Worker Deliberately Sent False Hawaii Missile Alert, Believing Attack Was Imminent, FCC Sa  (Read 348 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
The Hawaii employee who sent out a false alarm earlier this month warning of an incoming missile attack said he misheard a message played during a drill and believed a ballistic missile was actually heading for the state, according to a federal investigation.

This contradicts the explanations previously offered by Hawaii officials, who have said the Jan. 13 alert was sent because the employee hit the wrong button on a drop-down menu.

http://www.vagazette.com/news/nationworld/ct-hawaii-false-missile-alert-20180130-story,amp.html
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 10:49:51 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline dfwgator

Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Why, doesn't really matter.
The only thing that matters is that it was wrong. You can't fix that, no matter 'why' it happened.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline anubias

Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

While the Clintons were there and Trump was fussing with Lil Kim. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

So now will they fire him?

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Two days ago the guy wasn't cooperating with the investigation.  Today they have it all wrapped up and tied a bow on it.

Bullshit.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Why, doesn't really matter.  The only thing that matters is that it was wrong. You can't fix that, no matter 'why' it happened.

Of course it matters.  If it’s a system problem, you find and fix it, so it doesn’t happen again and you also have the option to issue an all clear.  If it’s personnel related, you reassign or fire them.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.