Author Topic: Hillary’s ‘Sure’ Victory Explains Most Everything ‌ by Victor Davis Hanson  (Read 676 times)

Offline Axeslinger

What exactly were top officials in the FBI and DOJ doing during the election of 2016?

The Page-Strzok text exchanges might offer a few answers. Or, as Lisa Page warned her paramour as early as February 2016, at the beginning of the campaign and well before the respective party nominees were even selected:

One more thing: she [Hillary Clinton] might be our next president. The last thing you need us going in there loaded for bear. You think she’s going to remember or care that it was more doj than fbi?

The traditional way of looking at the developing scandals at the FBI and among holdover Obama appointees in the DOJ is that the bizarre atmospherics from candidate and President Trump have simply polarized everyone in Washington, and no one quite knows what is going on.

Another, more helpful, exegesis, however, is to understand that if we’d seen a Hillary Clinton victory in November 2016, which was supposed to be a sure thing, there would now be no scandals at all.

More at link:

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/455885/expected-clinton-victory-explains-federal-employee-wrongdoing

« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 01:18:57 pm by Axeslinger »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
What exactly were top officials in the FBI and DOJ doing during the election of 2016?

The Page-Strzok text exchanges might offer a few answers. Or, as Lisa Page warned her paramour as early as February 2016, at the beginning of the campaign and well before the respective party nominees were even selected:

One more thing: she [Hillary Clinton] might be our next president. The last thing you need us going in there loaded for bear. You think she’s going to remember or care that it was more doj than fbi?

The traditional way of looking at the developing scandals at the FBI and among holdover Obama appointees in the DOJ is that the bizarre atmospherics from candidate and President Trump have simply polarized everyone in Washington, and no one quite knows what is going on.

Another, more helpful, exegesis, however, is to understand that if we’d seen a Hillary Clinton victory in November 2016, which was supposed to be a sure thing, there would now be no scandals at all.

More at link:

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/455885/expected-clinton-victory-explains-federal-employee-wrongdoing

I wonder how many Bammy holdovers are still within the DOJ and FBI?  Certainly Rosenstein and Mueller for starters.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Axeslinger

I know that I for one had not fully  considered what VDH is laying out here.  It all makes infinitely more sense.  Personally, I think he’s probably spot on.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline bilo

Good read at the link.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Mark Levin broadcast virtually this entire story, back in March 2017; when Trump stated that he had been "wiretapped."

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2017/03/05/mark_levin_the_evidence_is_overwhelming_that_obama_spied_on_trump.html

As Hanson states, the main players behaved in incredibly brazen manner, since they expected reward in Clinton's upcoming administration.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline aligncare

Reading this Hanson piece one gets the overwhelming sense that government has gotten away from us and that we, the voters, are merely pawns easily crushed in the gears of this massive bureaucratic state. We’ve become that which Reagan feared the most: a soulless police state.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Reading this Hanson piece one gets the overwhelming sense that government has gotten away from us and that we, the voters, are merely pawns easily crushed in the gears of this massive bureaucratic state. We’ve become that which Reagan feared the most: a soulless police state.

^^^THIS people.

THIS.

Indeed it has. 

However Normalcy Bias prevents most from accepting the reality of where we find ourselves - because the truth is too horrifying to contemplate.

So we go back to party politics and assert the next political saviors we choose will save us and turn this all around.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775