Author Topic: Steve Scalise Tells Illegal Immigrants To ‘Get In Line Like Everybody Else’ [VIDEO]  (Read 481 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Steve Scalise Tells Illegal Immigrants To ‘Get In Line Like Everybody Else’ [VIDEO]
Daily Caller, Jan 30, 2018, Nick Givas

Republican Congressman Steve Scalise told illegal immigrants to “get in line” and wait their turn as Congress works to secure the southern border, Tuesday on “Fox & Friends.”

“We always forget America has the most generous immigration laws already. We let a million people in our country legally. Get in line like everybody else,” Scalise said. “And I think that’s a really good answer. You can stay here while you are doing it.”

<snip>

Scalise said immigration reform must begin with border security and the construction of a wall, before Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) can be addressed.

“Let’s start seeing if we can get a consensus on everything from border security and it has to start with border security and building the wall,” he said. “And then addressing the DACA population and everything in between.”

More: http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/30/steve-scalise-illegal-immigrants-fox-news/

Offline dfwgator

Couldn't have said it any better myself.   Nothing is stopping them from getting in line.

Online Right_in_Virginia

From what I understand, (getting on the end of ) the line would take about 10-12 years to process.  Amnesty would be immediate and allow them to cut in front of the legal immigration line.