Author Topic: Indian man dies after freak MRI machine accident at Mumbai hospital  (Read 1336 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Indian man dies after freak MRI machine accident at Mumbai hospital

Mark Molloy

29 January 2018 • 4:24pm

An Indian man has died in a freak accident involving an MRI machine at a hospital in Mumbai.

Rajesh Maru, 32, was killed after walking into the magnetic resonance imaging room to visit a sick elderly relative while carrying an oxygen cylinder, police say.

Two arrests have been made and an investigation has been launched into the tragic incident which occurred in Mumbai’s Nair Hospital on 27 January.

Read more at: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/01/29/indian-man-dies-freak-mri-machine-accident-mumbai-hospital/
Here is an image of one of these machines.

It's a bit difficult to grasp this story.

Offline Suppressed

Re: Indian man dies after freak MRI machine accident at Mumbai hospital
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 08:41:05 pm »
The cost to repair after one of these Missile Effect incidents is astonishingly high.

Now there's a death.

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 08:46:26 pm »
The deceased, Rajesh Maru, who was a salesman in a garment shop, was at the hospital with his brother-in-law Harish Solanki whose mother Laxmi, 65, was undergoing treatment there. The duo was taking her for an MRI when the incident happened. Rajesh's father Galal Maru told mid-day, "Harish and Rajesh were wheeling Laxmi on a stretcher to the MRI room. When they reached outside it, they were asked to remove their gold ornaments and other metal items they had on them. A ward boy asked my son to hold Laxmi's oxygen cylinder and go inside. Rajesh even asked him then if the machine was on, but the staffer merely said this was their daily work and not to worry. "The minute he stepped inside, the machine pulled him. His hand holding the cylinder got trapped in it, leading to the cylinder's flow meter breaking and the oxygen leaking, directly onto his face. Harish and the ward boy started to try and free him, and succeeded only after his left ring finger broke. But by the time they took him into the emergency ward, he was dead."

I bet that was a sight to behold!   
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 08:54:21 pm »
You mean those warning signs are real?   wow who knew
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 08:56:47 pm »
I bet that was a sight to behold!

Yeah. That paints quite a picture. Obviously it is a tragic accident and no laughing matter. But it almost reads like a Chevy Chase skit.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 02:41:22 am »

There's always a sign like this and a Gauss line in the room.  It's the point of no return.

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.