Author Topic: FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, frequent target of Trump's ire, steps down: NBC News  (Read 5269 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Sonuvabitch.  That's terrible news, that Nunes caved to pressure.  Now we're never going to see it because DoJ and the FBI are going to stamp "Sensitive Secrets/National Security" all over it.  Nunes.  The bastard's name is now foul to me.

@Cyber Liberty

Care to tell me what Nunes was going to do with that memo on his own?  Where does he go to get what it contains acted upon? 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
now we're never going to see it!  Kim Strassel did a column on this the other day, letting DoJ look at the memo first guarantees it's non-release.

Of course.  This is what Institutionalized corruption looks like Comrades; when it is for the good of the little people that such workings are buried and never permitted to be known.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

Care to tell me what Nunes was going to do with that memo on his own?  Where does he go to get what it contains acted upon?

Nunes should have done what he said he was going to do, and bypass DoJ and FBI because they are fingered in this Memo.  What was he going to do on his own?  Let the committee vote to release it, let Trump sign off on it (he has said he favors release) and that's it.  Now, whatever comes out will be so heavily redacted we'll never know who's been trying to pull off the coup.

Added:  What does he do to get this corrected?  Give it to US, the bosses.  Dammit.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 11:23:53 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Frank Cannon

Of course.  This is what Institutionalized corruption looks like Comrades; when it is for the good of the little people that such workings are buried and never permitted to be known.

If the President of the United States wants a memo released, it's getting released.

Offline anubias

Watch Schiff on FOX.  He was absolutely nasty.

Evidently, the committee voted to release the memo and Trump has the final say.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 11:24:15 pm by anubias »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Nunes should have done what he said he was going to do, and bypass DoJ and FBI because they are fingered in this Memo.  What was he going to do on his own?  Let the committee vote to release it, let Trump sign off on it (he has said he favors release) and that's it.  Now, whatever comes out will be so heavily redacted we'll never know who's been trying to pull off the coup.

I'm hopeful that won't be true.  We will see.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/donald-trump-jr-slams-andrew-mccabe-for-taking-leave-until-retirement-to-make-sure-taxpayers-are-stuck-paying-him-for-life/article/2647425

Donald Trump Jr. slams Andrew McCabe for taking leave until retirement to make sure taxpayers are 'stuck paying him' for life
Meh. He should have seen what Marvin Mandel pulled in MD on the way out of the Governor's Mansion. That guy wrote the book on getting the last schtoop in.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline anubias

I'm hopeful that won't be true.  We will see.

They did!  They voted today to release it.  Trump now has five days to decide whether to release it or not according to Schiff.  They also disallowed the Dems to release their memo at this time.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 11:26:38 pm by anubias »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
If the President of the United States wants a memo released, it's getting released.

I agree.  He'll release it if has to do a couple dozen tweets, or make a speech.  SOTU sounds like a worthy platform, that's what Mrs Liberty, aka @Slip18 is betting on.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Watch Schiff on FOX.  He was absolutely nasty.

Evidently, the committee voted to release the memo and Trump has the final say.

Woody Schiff is spinning for his life. Repulsive little f@cker.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
They did!  They voted today to release it.  Trump now has five days to decide whether to release it or not according to Schiff.  They also disallowed the Dems to release their memo at this time.

But will it still be fully intact when they release it?  That is the question now.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

I agree.  He'll release it if has to do a couple dozen tweets, or make a speech.  SOTU sounds like a worthy platform, that's what Mrs Liberty, aka @Slip18 is betting on.

House just voted to release it. The only person that can stop it now is the President. He has 5 days to do so.

Offline anubias

Woody Schiff is spinning for his life. Repulsive little f@cker.

Indeed.  He seemed gleeful earlier that their memo was refused while the R’s was approved.  He made some absolutely nasty remarks about Trump and Republicans.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
House just voted to release it. The only person that can stop it now is the President. He has 5 days to do so.

The chief argument against his doing that is because it's impolitic.  Heh heh.  "Impolitic" is Trump's middle name.
I will NOT comply.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

My sources suggest it will never get released because the memo contains the exact recipe of the 11 herbs and spices used in Kentucky Fried Chicken.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
My sources suggest it will never get released because the memo contains the exact recipe of the 11 herbs and spices used in Kentucky Fried Chicken.

You middle finger licker.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The best source of black humor on the webz
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
So, the House voted to release it.  Wray consulted with Nunes prior to this.  There’s only two conclusions you can reach.....

1) Wray saw the contents and said, ‘Damn, I won’t be part of this coverup!’

2) Wray read it and said, ‘WTF, Devin.....is that all?’
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So, the House voted to release it.  Wray consulted with Nunes prior to this.  There’s only two conclusions you can reach.....

1) Wray saw the contents and said, ‘Damn, I won’t be part of this coverup!’

2) Wray read it and said, ‘WTF, Devin.....is that all?’

Either way Nunes lets it go.  He took the vote. I'm impressed.  I've cooled off.
I will NOT comply.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I'm worried that Trump will naively turn the thing over to Sessions, whom he still seems to trust for some dumbass reason.

If Sessions gets his hands on it, he will burn and bury it, never to be seen or spoken of again.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Either way Nunes lets it go.  He took the vote. I'm impressed.  I've cooled off.

I was talking less about Nunes and more about Wray.  During his testimony, a lot of people were losing their minds about his exchange with Jordan.  All he was saying was he wouldn’t discuss or release FISA info in an open setting.  Jordan, being a hyperbolic monchichi, tried to make it seem nefarious.  Part of Wray’s responsibility is counterintelligence.  Protection of sources and methods doesn’t equal being a Deep State troll, despite what the knee-jerking Rockettes out there think or say.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The DOJ is standing firm with this:  McCabe was forced out after the IG investigation .... (FBN)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Analysis: Why Was Andrew McCabe Abruptly Removed From His Post? [UPDATE: 'Concerning' Revelation from IG's Clinton Probe]
Townhall, Jan 29, 2018, Guy Benson

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2018/01/29/why-was-andrew-mccabe-removed-from-his-post-n2441360

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
The DOJ is standing firm with this:  McCabe was forced out after the IG investigation .... (FBN)

Others to follow soon I desperately hope!

- J. R. R. Tolkien