Author Topic: Neil Diamond Parkinson’s Diagnosis: Expert Q&A  (Read 695 times)

rangerrebew

Neil Diamond Parkinson’s Diagnosis: Expert Q&A
« on: January 29, 2018, 03:51:41 pm »

Tuesday, January 23, 2018
Neil Diamond Parkinson’s Diagnosis: Expert Q&A

By Brenda Goodman
WebMD Health News

After five decades of belting out hits like Sweet Caroline and Song Sung Blue to sellout crowds, Neil Diamond announced that he would retire from touring due to a recent diagnosis of Parkinson’s disease.

Parkinson’s is a disease that affects the ability of certain brain cells to produce a chemical called dopamine involved with movement. It’s more common with age, and symptoms typically come on slowly, over years. They may include shaking at rest, slow or stiff movement, and trouble with balance and walking. It can also include mental problems like depression.

https://blogs.webmd.com/webmd-interviews/2018/01/neil-diamond-parkinsons-diagnosis-expert-qa.html

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Neil Diamond Parkinson’s Diagnosis: Expert Q&A
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 03:59:45 pm »

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 04:23:38 pm »
@rangerrebew

I remember when Michael J. Fox got that nasty hand shaking.  I hope Neal can keep on writing and singing.  I haven't listened to him in years.

"Michael J. Fox got it in his late 20s. It rarely get’s diagnosed after the mid 80s, because by then people usually have it or don’t."

"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 04:55:06 pm »
@rangerrebew

I remember when Michael J. Fox got that nasty hand shaking.  I hope Neal can keep on writing and singing.  I haven't listened to him in years.

"Michael J. Fox got it in his late 20s. It rarely get’s diagnosed after the mid 80s, because by then people usually have it or don’t."
Well as for the writing part yes, but as for the singing? Sadly Neil's voice hit the road quite a few years ago, and that's sad.