Author Topic: Trump has told Jeff Sessions he wants the secret ‘FISA memo’ released to the public  (Read 346 times)

Offline libertybele

Trump has told Jeff Sessions he wants the secret ‘FISA memo’ released to the public

......According to the Washington Post, Trump last week told Attorney General Jeff Sessions, via White House chief of staff John Kelly, to release the memo, also known as the “secret FISA memo.”

The Post noted that Trump’s directive contradicts the Department of Justice’s position on the matter. The agency has said releasing the classified memo without official review would be “extraordinarily reckless.”

A “senior administration official” who spoke to the Post anonymously said Trump “is inclined to have that released just because it will shed light” on the FBI’s Trump-Russia investigation.

“Apparently all the rumors are that it will shed light, it will help the investigators come to a conclusion,” the official said.........

.........According to the Post, Trump’s request was relayed to Sessions. However, the decision to release the secret memo ultimately lies with Congress, specifically the House Intelligence Committee, chaired by Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.)...........

...............Rep. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.) said he was “shocked” to read the four-page memo, according to USA Today.

“I had the opportunity to go into a confidential setting to make sure that we can understand better what actually took place,” Meadows said in a speech on the House floor. “And I’m here to tell all of America…that I am shocked to read exactly what has taken place. I would think it would never happen in a country that loves freedom and democracy like this country.”

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/01/28/trump-has-told-jeff-sessions-he-wants-the-secret-fisa-memo-released-to-the-public
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline RetBobbyMI

Would be great if the memo was inserted immediately after “and finally”...let me read this memo in the SOTU address.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 01:32:13 am by RetBobbyMI »
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy