Author Topic: CDC: 50,000 Americans could die of influenza this year  (Read 806 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
CDC: 50,000 Americans could die of influenza this year
« on: January 28, 2018, 04:15:53 pm »
January 28, 2018
CDC: 50,000 Americans could die of influenza this year
By Rick Moran

The current flu epidemic is the most serious outbreak since the pandemic of Swine Flu in 2009 and the CDC is sounding the alarm about it.

There are several factors that make this flu season more dangerous than others. But the bottom line is that the CDC is estimating a death toll of 50,000.

Bloomberg:

There are several unique, worrisome aspects to this season’s outbreak: It’s hitting everywhere at once; it’s continuing rather than peaking quickly; and it’s affecting a broader range of older Americans than in the past. The entire continental U.S. reported widespread flu every week for the past three weeks, Jernigan said.

“We often see different parts of the country light up at different times, but for the past three weeks the entire country has been experiencing lots of flu, all at the same time,” he said, adding: “We have several weeks to go.”

The season is shaping up to be similar to the epidemic of late 2014 and early 2015, which entailed 710,000 hospitalizations and 56,000 deaths, according to the CDC. The agency is expecting similar numbers this year, Jernigan said.

Activity levels vary in different states, however. Hospitalizations in California are running at four times the level seen in 2014 and 2015, while Minnesota’s rate is double. In New York, the numbers are starting to surpass the national average.

An additional, unexpected finding is the flu’s impact on middle-aged Americans, who typically withstand it pretty well. While hospitalization rates are predictably highest among the elderly, younger baby boomers aged 50 to 65 are in second place, Jernigan said. This is especially bad news for them, given a new study linking the flu to increased risk of heart attacks.

“Baby boomers have higher rates than their grandchildren right now,” he said. “Those folks are ones who really would benefit from having a higher vaccination coverage.” And not only for their own benefit, or even their families. These Americans are at the peak of their careers with many in managerial roles, Jernigan explained. When they’re home sick in bed, it can negatively impact their businesses.   

more
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/01/cdc_50000_americans_could_die_of_influenza_this_year.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Re: CDC: 50,000 Americans could die of influenza this year
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 10:04:07 pm »
So let's create mass hysteria, why don't we? 

If people die, the blame should go to whoever produced a vaccine with 10% effectiveness.  I'd like to know of the number of sick and dying, how many got the worthless vaccine?

Offline anubias

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 11:31:40 pm »

If people die, the blame should go to whoever produced a vaccine with 10% effectiveness.  I'd like to know of the number of sick and dying, how many got the worthless vaccine?

I’m not dying, but I am sick.  The mess keeps coming back.  Every time I think I’m getting over it, it returns and seems worse than the previous bout.  I got the worthless vaccine.

These idiots calling for more folks to have the vaccines are a waste of oxygen, imo.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 11:33:02 pm by anubias »

Offline the_doc

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 11:45:29 pm »

The Dems would never look into this.  The lethal failures of the vaccine would not have any impact on their voter registrations rolls.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 11:49:17 pm »
I had something real bad in early November. It came and went for weeks, and it still crops up.

I asked my doctor a couple of years ago, abut vaccines. He said odds are better by getting them.

During the 1890s my grandfather was one of the four out of seven children, that survived diphtheria. Two of the three that died, did so the same week.

Diphtheria was treated then, by gargling kerosene. Diptheria is on of the common diseases prevented by vaccines, in case you didn't know that.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2018, 11:53:03 pm »
50K.  In the big picture that really isn't that big of a deal.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline thackney

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2018, 01:06:44 am »
50K.  In the big picture that really isn't that big of a deal.

Only the 6th leading cause of death in US...

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/leading-causes-of-death.htm
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2018, 01:08:54 am »

There are federal laws “protecting” vaccine makers from being held liable for anything.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2018, 01:10:50 am »
As a genealogist and cemetery walker (for gen. purposes), it is really remarkable how many people died in 1918 from this.  Entire families, etc.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2018, 01:16:42 am »
Only the 6th leading cause of death in US...

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/leading-causes-of-death.htm

Shit happens.  Natural selection and all.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online berdie

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2018, 01:53:23 am »
I had something real bad in early November. It came and went for weeks, and it still crops up.

I asked my doctor a couple of years ago, abut vaccines. He said odds are better by getting them.

During the 1890s my grandfather was one of the four out of seven children, that survived diphtheria. Two of the three that died, did so the same week.

Diphtheria was treated then, by gargling kerosene. Diptheria is on of the common diseases prevented by vaccines, in case you didn't know that.

Gargling kerosene sounds nasty....but I'll bet it worked for some.