Author Topic: Amid Turmoil, Trump Seeking A Reset With State Of The Union  (Read 1803 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Amid Turmoil, Trump Seeking A Reset With State Of The Union
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2018, 03:07:54 am »
   It means @Emjay that I am a happy camper because I never had high expectations of what a Trump Administration could deliver in one year, 4 or even 8.  I never believed his bombastic campaign rhetoric, ever.  I don't respect the Man but I wouldn't advocate for his Impeachment (unless warranted by US Law).  He is my President, too.

Most avid Trumpers here I have no problem with, they bring a lot of insightful discussion and this place would be really boring without them and the few Nevers here I feel the same about, the other 80% are the icing on the cake.

Okay, I get it.  The interesting thing here is that people really love to argue.  I mean really, really love it.

I had no expectations either but, unlike you, I've kinda been pretty happy with the Trump presidency so far.  He just might be the President we needed this time round.

We shall see.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online corbe

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2018, 03:21:27 am »
Okay, I get it.  The interesting thing here is that people really love to argue.  I mean really, really love it.

I had no expectations either but, unlike you, I've kinda been pretty happy with the Trump presidency so far.  He just might be the President we needed this time round.

We shall see.

@Emjay  I'm one of those 'the glass is always half full' guys. I'm especially happy that this third stone from the sun keeps spinning round and round and things have gotten better not worse, yes, because of some of Trump's policies.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2018, 03:55:52 am »
Ginsburg Will Not Attend Trump's First State Of The Union

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg will not be in attendance at President Trump's first State of the Union address on Tuesday.

Ginsburg is scheduled to be at Roger Williams University in Rhode Island for her speaking tour on Tuesday, according to The Associated Press.

While Ginsburg has been critical of Trump in the past, her talk at the university was announced last August.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/371073-ginsburg-will-not-attend-trumps-first-state-of-the-union

Of course she won't be there.  It's after her bedtime.......

« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 03:57:35 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.