Author Topic: Clothing Company Founder Finds Out it's Not a Great Idea to Call His Fox Viewing Customers 'Idiots'  (Read 1579 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Clothing Company Founder Finds Out it's Not a Great Idea to Call His Fox Viewing Customers 'Idiots'

Cortney O'Brien
|
Posted: Jan 26, 2018 5:30 PM

SCOTTeVEST CEO and Co-founder Scott Jordan really stepped in it when he insulted a large swath of his customers last week.

The controversy started when Jordan shared on Facebook how he reacts when people tell him they recognize his face from Fox News, which frequently plays his commercials.

“I laugh to myself, and tell them that we primarily advertise on Fox because we find their viewership to be extremely gullible and much easier to sell than other networks," he wrote in part. “I get to tell them they are f***ing idiots while getting rich off them.”

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2018/01/26/clothing-company-founder-finds-out-its-not-a-great-idea-to-call-his-fox-viewing-n2440312
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline dfwgator

Online mountaineer

What the heck was he thinking?

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
The designs are engineered to distribute the weight of the loaded pockets evenly across the garment, maintaining a slim, non-bulky silhouette.

One signature design feature is incorporated channels for threading wires and flexes, inspired by an accident Jordan had after snagging the cable of his headphones on a door-handle while running through an airport.

Sounds perfect for a suicide bombing.  That'll really help the stock value.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
What the heck was he thinking?

@mountaineer

That he was the smartest,bestest,and most loving little boy in the world,and that everybody loved him",just like his mother used to tell him before he put her in the "home".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Suppressed

https://www.scottevest.com/pages/our-response-to-scott-comments.shtml

Our Response To Scott Jordan's Comments

The recent offensive and inexcusable social media post by Scott Jordan does not reflect the views of SCOTTeVEST. In 2017, Mr. Jordan stepped down from the management of SCOTTeVEST and he is not involved in our daily operations.

We are extremely sorry for his unacceptable comments. Mr. Jordan’s post was impulsive and inappropriate for too many reasons to list, and rightfully offended so many people.

We strongly disagree with the views expressed by Mr. Jordan.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 08:09:54 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
https://www.scottevest.com/pages/our-response-to-scott-comments.shtml

Our Response To Scott Jordan's Comments

The recent offensive and inexcusable social media post by Scott Jordan does not reflect the views of SCOTTeVEST. In 2017, Mr. Jordan stepped down from the management of SCOTTeVEST and he is not involved in our daily operations.

We are extremely sorry for his unacceptable comments. Mr. Jordan’s post was impulsive and inappropriate for too many reasons to list, and rightfully offended so many people.

We strongly disagree with the views expressed by Mr. Jordan.

He's still chairman, he still makes money off Scottevest, and the Scott in Scottevest is him. 

Oceander

He's still chairman, he still makes money off Scottevest, and the Scott in Scottevest is him. 

Exactly

Offline dfwgator

Exactly

He should've listened to that other Jordan...."Republicans buy shoes, too."

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Sometimes it is nice when being totally effing  stupid hurts you.  Better if it hurts the wallet.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

And likely still holds considerable ownership in the company which means his net worth is still declining.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline edpc

He should take some time off and go on a massive coke binge, like the My Pillow dude.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
He should take some time off and go on a massive coke binge, like the My Pillow dude.

@edpc

You mean the middle-aged guy from MN we sometimes see on tv ads?

Maybe he can use that in his ads? "My pillows allow you to sleep so good you might have to toot a ton of coke to stay awake to see the 11 PM news!"

Offline edpc

@edpc

You mean the middle-aged guy from MN we sometimes see on tv ads?

Maybe he can use that in his ads? "My pillows allow you to sleep so good you might have to toot a ton of coke to stay awake to see the 11 PM news!"

You'd probably be happy to put your head on a cinder block after being awake for 19 days.

http://salvationarmynorth.org/2015/12/my-pillow-founder-opens-up-about-addiction/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

You'd probably be happy to put your head on a cinder block after being awake for 19 days.

http://salvationarmynorth.org/2015/12/my-pillow-founder-opens-up-about-addiction/

@edpc

Sounds like he really turned his life and his attitude around,and became one of the good guys.

I'm not going to take any cheap shots at religion,either. If it works for you,I'm happy for you,and I am happy to read it worked for him.

Offline edpc

@edpc

Sounds like he really turned his life and his attitude around,and became one of the good guys.

I'm not going to take any cheap shots at religion,either. If it works for you,I'm happy for you,and I am happy to read it worked for him.

I just find it highly amusing that his dealers staged the intervention. Seems like it's bad for business to have your best customer keel over.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Patagonia is the worse about this SJW stuff. Very, very, far Leftwing company. They make Starbucks look normal in comparison.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Suppressed

No, but he's using Christ's suffering and resurrection as a business prop. Who wears a cross necklace outside a shirt?

Looks how awkwardly it's placed here:

I suppose Christ gets 10% royalties, though.

It's a violation of the spirit of Matthew 6:5a:

5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men.   --KJV
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 08:15:35 am by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online mountaineer

Bill Penzey, owner of Penzey's Spices, also has chosen to insult half of his customers by going on an insane anti-Republican rant on Facebook. I've posted a thread about it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

I just find it highly amusing that his dealers staged the intervention. Seems like it's bad for business to have your best customer keel over.

@edpc

Seems contrary to the nature of drug dealers,doesn't it? Maybe they just didn't want to lose a customer that spent a lot of money?

It seems even less likely 3 of them would get together to do it. I strongly suspect that this part of the story,at a minimum,has been grossly exaggerated.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
No, but he's using Christ's suffering and resurrection as a business prop. Who wears a cross necklace outside a shirt?

@Suppressed

Lots of people. I've seen it my whole life. Mostly with women,but lots of "born again" men do it,too.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Suppressed

Lots of people. I've seen it my whole life. Mostly with women,but lots of "born again" men do it,too.

I was going to tell @Suppressed that I do.  It's very normal. 

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
@Suppressed

@sneakypete

I knew a stripper once who used to dance with her First Communion Scapular.  It was refreshing to see her conviction.

"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member