Author Topic: Dreamers Reject Trump’s Amnesty Plan: ‘A White Supremacist Ransom Note’  (Read 5266 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Dreamers Reject Trump’s Amnesty Plan: ‘A White Supremacist Ransom Note’
Breitbart, Jan 26, 2018, Penny Starr

United We Dream, described as the “largest immigrant youth-led network in the country,” rejected President Donald Trump’s immigration framework that would give 1.8 million young illegal aliens a pathway to citizenship.

“Let’s call this proposal for what it is: a white supremacist ransom note,” Greisa Martinez Rosas, advocacy director for UWD, said in a statement on Twitter. “Trump and Stephen Miller killed DACA and created the crisis that immigrant youth are facing.”

“They have taken immigrant youth hostage, pitting us against our own parents, black immigrants and our communities in exchange for our dignity,” Martinez Rosas said.  “To Miller and Trump’s white supremacist proposal, immigrant youth say: No.”

<snip>

Another amnesty activist group, Mi Familia Vota, also is opposed to Trump’s immigration proposal.

“Mi Familia Vota rejects Trump’s deceptive immigration plan that uses Dreamers’ futures to obtain $25 billion for a border wall, massive cuts in legal immigration that go against our national values, mass deportations, fierce enforcement, and the destruction of families across America,” a press release distributed to the media. “Dreamers will not accept this proposal at the expense of their families and the good of the nation.”

More: http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/01/26/dreamers-reject-trumps-amnesty-plan-white-supremacist-ransom-note/

“Trump and Stephen Miller killed DACA and created the crisis that immigrant youth are facing.”

Hmmm..  looks like they still don't understand what the "D" in DACA stands for ....

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals

The Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) was an American immigration policy that allowed some individuals who entered the country as minors, and had either entered or remained in the country illegally, to receive a renewable two-year period of deferred action from deportation and to be eligible for a work permit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deferred_Action_for_Childhood_Arrivals

BTW, it must suck to be Chuckie and Nancy today ..... 

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
BTW, it must suck to be Chuckie and Nancy today .....

I don't think Nancy knows where she is on a good day
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline skeeter

A few more days of this and Trump will be able to credibly claim that this was never about 800k young 'Dreamers' and that the democrats have left him with no choice but to pursue straight immigration enforcement.

He may not choose to, but it would be politically viable.

I hope.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
A few more days of this and Trump will be able to credibly claim that this was never about 800k young 'Dreamers' and that the democrats have left him with no choice but to pursue straight immigration enforcement.

He may not choose to, but it would be politically viable.

I hope.

If they do not want to split up family then self deport!  Basically they just don't care that their parents broke the law  and brought them here as children and babies.  They are saying no consequences for breaking the law.  I work with lots of Hispanic and they believe it is a right to be here.  In fact if they could they would fill the plants with Hispanic workers and there would be no Americans.  Where I work it is chain employee's.  Many of them are family and friends.  Its a family reunion every day.

Oh and "dreamer" means dreaming of getting rid of Americans.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 07:05:06 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
If they do not want to split up family then self deport!  Basically they just don't care that their parents broke the law  and brought them here as children and babies.  They are saying no consequences for breaking the law.  I work with lots of Hispanic and they believe it is a right to be here.  In fact if they could they would fill the plants with Hispanic workers and there would be no Americans.  Where I work it is chain employee's.  Many of them are family and friends.  Its a family reunion every day.

Oh and "dreamer" means dreaming of getting rid of Americans.

Aside from the illegal/legal aspect, that is how migration and immigration have taken place since people graveled on foot.

People sailed across the Atlantic to settle. They sent letters back home, informing their families to come on over, too.

I dine at a particular Mexican fast food chain restaurant. Most of the Hispanics working there, originate from the same villages and towns, in Mexico.

In Chisago Lakes region of Minnesota,  the people who started settling there, came from the same counties in Sweden, because of "letter home."

IOW chain migration is not a new conspiracy. I'll wager most of use, that have ancestry back to Europe, came to America in similar scenarios.

My own spanned 1634 England-New Hampshire, until 1871 Sweden to Minnesota and hundreds in between.

I oppose continued chain migration, other than the most narrow definition. The DACA beneficiaries can go back home to be with family.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

It's pretty clear that the rats don't have anymore interest in solving the problem than the far right does.  As much as I hate to praise President Trump, his offer appears to be a reasonable and good faith compromise and the rats respond with venom.  The rats are looking a lot like the Palestinians, who are whining that President Trump's, also praiseworthy,  plan to cut off their American tax payer funded foreign aid is "unacceptable."   We will see the details on Monday, and while I wouldn't recommend it, I would get a laugh if President Trump proposed taxing the dreamers to pay for the wall.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
It's pretty clear that the rats don't have anymore interest in solving the problem than the far right does.  As much as I hate to praise President Trump, his offer appears to be a reasonable and good faith compromise and the rats respond with venom.  The rats are looking a lot like the Palestinians, who are whining that President Trump's, also praiseworthy,  plan to cut off their American tax payer funded foreign aid is "unacceptable."   We will see the details on Monday, and while I wouldn't recommend it, I would get a laugh if President Trump proposed taxing the dreamers to pay for the wall.

Hallelujah
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

BassWrangler

Rio Grande. Genetically engineered freshwater sharks.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

The DEMS interest is ensuring that their voting base is expanded.  Trump has already expressed that he is willing to grant amnesty to 1.8 million -- which equates in the long run a huge increase in DEM votes and believe me the Rats are overjoyed as they know in just a short while they will have enough voter to ensure that the GOP is never seated again...and Trump handed them everything they wanted. Not Winning!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The list of things the Left considers to be 'White Supremacy' is too long to list.
It would be be a much shorter list to try to make a list of things which are not included in the Left's version of 'White Supremacy'.

What the Left fails to comprehend is that when everything is 'racist', then nothing is. If everything in society is based on 'White Supremacy', then there is no aberration there. So then the Left is not protesting against any specific thought or action, they are protesting against American society as a whole.

Essentially, we are all irredeemable deplorables. So what is the point in even trying to change that perception? It is impossible. Nothing can be done to change their preception, except to change the fundamental nature of the entire country. Which seems to be what they want to do.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
The list of things the Left considers to be 'White Supremacy' is too long to list.
It would be be a much shorter list to try to make a list of things which are not included in the Left's version of 'White Supremacy'.

What the Left fails to comprehend is that when everything is 'racist', then nothing is. If everything in society is based on 'White Supremacy', then there is no aberration there. So then the Left is not protesting against any specific thought or action, they are protesting against American society as a whole.

Essentially, we are all irredeemable deplorables. So what is the point in even trying to change that perception? It is impossible. Nothing can be done to change their preception, except to change the fundamental nature of the entire country. Which seems to be what they want to do. are doing!

Fixed it for you.  The transformation of this country is well under way and the leftist marxists will not settle for anything else.  Unfortunately this Presidency and administration was our last chance -- I'm not convinced that this wasn't Trump's agenda from the beginning.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Essentially, we are all irredeemable deplorables. So what is the point in even trying to change that perception? It is impossible. Nothing can be done to change their preception, except to change the fundamental nature of the entire country. Which seems to be what they want to do.

And this is why we are already on the path to open civil war in the country.

More than half the population hates what America was, and the fractured rest are wanting to preserve it.

It's an irreconcilable situation when the foundational elements of a society are no longer agreed to.  The covenant relationship is already broken and shattered and it's not coming back.

I don't share Greenfield's optimism here or his Republican/Trump orientation - but his observations about a nation that is irreconcilable on every political issue is a necessary read:

How a Civil War Happens
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline skeeter

Does anyone else read this headline as a de facto admission by those making the charge that their intent has nothing to do with compassion, American values, etc but to change the country's racial demographics?

Only someone who intends to change this country from majority white into something else would interpret Trump's proposal in this manner.

The DEMS interest is ensuring that their voting base is expanded.  Trump has already expressed that he is willing to grant amnesty to 1.8 million -- which equates in the long run a huge increase in DEM votes and believe me the Rats are overjoyed as they know in just a short while they will have enough voter to ensure that the GOP is never seated again...and Trump handed them everything they wanted. Not Winning!

I don't think the rats get everything they want.  I believe they reject "$25 billion for a border wall, massive cuts in legal immigration that go against our national values, mass deportations, fierce enforcement."  That is why I called it a "a reasonable and good faith compromise."  I don't want any of that stuff either, but I thought you did. 

I think you are a smart lady, and you are well admired here.  I am not trying to insult you or belittle you in anyway, in fact I would love to continue this discussion if you have time.

Do you really see no compromise?

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I don't think the rats get everything they want.  I believe they reject "$25 billion for a border wall, massive cuts in legal immigration that go against our national values, mass deportations, fierce enforcement."  That is why I called it a "a reasonable and good faith compromise."  I don't want any of that stuff either, but I thought you did. 

I think you are a smart lady, and you are well admired here.  I am not trying to insult you or belittle you in anyway, in fact I would love to continue this discussion if you have time.

Do you really see no compromise?

I'm hoping that I understood your post correctly, so I'd  like to make something perfectly clear.  I am all for legal immigration, but I am not for granting amnesty to those who are here illegally.  I believe that mass deportation should be enacted for those that have entered this country illegally; those that self deport can be given the opportunity to get in line and enter this country legally (and I think we should set a yearly quota).  Those that do NOT self deport and are caught should be deported without any chance at coming her legally.  That action in itself sends a clear message; that the U.S. will no longer tolerate illegal immigration.  We need a wall period -- not a promise of funding for the future as we've already waited 12 years -- we need the wall NOW.   DACA is different in the sense (as I understand it)  that these dreamers were already given a 'status' by Bammy's e.o.  The problem is two fold though, granting amnesty ensures a measurable voting majority for the DEMS which pretty much gives them control of Congress and the oval office from this point forward, so even if they were to agree to no chain migration that would be short lived. As for compromise, you and I can witness all kinds of compromises and promises from the DEMS, but at the end of the day, I've never know them to keep much of their word.  In fact, Schumer has already backed out of his compromise on the wall.   

So exactly what is he gaining here??  Nothing at all, IF the DEM voting base is expanded significantly by awarding amnesty to millions, he hasn't gained a darn thing.  Any compromise, any legislation can be over turned. 

Offline Chosen Daughter

Rio Grande. Genetically engineered freshwater sharks.

Don't go in the water.  Stay home, stay whole.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

I'm hoping that I understood your post correctly, so I'd  like to make something perfectly clear.  I am all for legal immigration, but I am not for granting amnesty to those who are here illegally.  I believe that mass deportation should be enacted for those that have entered this country illegally; those that self deport can be given the opportunity to get in line and enter this country legally (and I think we should set a yearly quota).  Those that do NOT self deport and are caught should be deported without any chance at coming her legally.  That action in itself sends a clear message; that the U.S. will no longer tolerate illegal immigration.  We need a wall period -- not a promise of funding for the future as we've already waited 12 years -- we need the wall NOW.   DACA is different in the sense (as I understand it)  that these dreamers were already given a 'status' by Bammy's e.o.  The problem is two fold though, granting amnesty ensures a measurable voting majority for the DEMS which pretty much gives them control of Congress and the oval office from this point forward, so even if they were to agree to no chain migration that would be short lived. As for compromise, you and I can witness all kinds of compromises and promises from the DEMS, but at the end of the day, I've never know them to keep much of their word.  In fact, Schumer has already backed out of his compromise on the wall.   

So exactly what is he gaining here??  Nothing at all, IF the DEM voting base is expanded significantly by awarding amnesty to millions, he hasn't gained a darn thing.  Any compromise, any legislation can be over turned.

I agree with everything that you have said but I don't see it happening.  The reason that I didn't believe Trumps rhetoric is that illegal immigrants are firmly planted with roots provided by our government and our financial institutions.  Our wonderful government has given illegal immigrants special tax id's (ITIN) so that they can file taxes in which they rake in huge refunds.  With these (ITIN) id's they can get mortgages, business loans, car loans...........etc.

What happens when you deport an immigrant that owes the bank for their mortgage and business loans.  For their expensive 2018 model car or truck with all the bells and whistles............???

Oceander

Mass deportation will never happen.  Period.  You’re a bigger fool than even I thought if you think that’s going to happen. 

Offline skeeter

Mass deportation will never happen.  Period.  You’re a bigger fool than even I thought if you think that’s going to happen.

"Not trying to belittle you in any way"

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

Gee thanks Ocean -- the love between us is mutual.  Mass deportation may indeed never happen, but that's what is needed.  Illegal immigration is an issue that I devoted quite a bit of time to, and I choose not to go into any further detail.  It is an issue that I am very passionate about and above all else I firmly believe in preserving the sovereignty of this country.  If that makes me a 'fool' in your eyes, I really don't give a damn.  Attending prayer vigils for those who have fallen victim at the hands of illegals certainly made a huge impact on my heart for not only this country but for each of its citizens.  Knowing people that have traveled into several states and its cities who were spat upon by illegals for simply carrying the American flag woke me up to realizing just exactly what this country is up against and where it is heading.  No, I'm not ok with amnesty in any form.  From my perspective, the fool here is you!

Oceander

Gee thanks Ocean -- the love between us is mutual.  Mass deportation may indeed never happen, but that's what is needed.  Illegal immigration is an issue that I devoted quite a bit of time to, and I choose not to go into any further detail.  It is an issue that I am very passionate about and above all else I firmly believe in preserving the sovereignty of this country.  If that makes me a 'fool' in your eyes, I really don't give a damn.  Attending prayer vigils for those who have fallen victim at the hands of illegals certainly made a huge impact on my heart for not only this country but for each of its citizens.  Knowing people that have traveled into several states and its cities who were spat upon by illegals for simply carrying the American flag woke me up to realizing just exactly what this country is up against and where it is heading.  No, I'm not ok with amnesty in any form.  From my perspective, the fool here is you!

It’s not what is needed. It’s just what you want.  Mass deportation won’t magically solve all the real problems that beset this country, but it will turn it into a bitchin’ police state, complete with our own version of the Stasi. 

Thanks, but no thanks.  I’m glad that most Americans aren’t stupid enough to head for that slippery slope. 

So you want a wall now.  I want a new tv but it has to be paid for first.  It sounds like no compromise, no solution, no legislation is acceptable to you until a wall is built.  The wall is not built.  I don't believe there is enough popular support for a wall only approach, and I'm not sure where President Trump goes from there, but I do appreciate your reply.  Thank you.

"Not trying to belittle you in any way"
I wrote that, not Oceander.