Author Topic: Whoa: New Study Suggests Illegal Immigrants Commit Crimes At Double The Rates Of Natives  (Read 1169 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
New data out of Arizona is showing some shocking results about the number of crimes committed by illegal immigrants vs those born and raised in America.

The new report released by the Crime Prevention Research Center (CPRC) shows that data gathered from 1985 to 2017 found that despite the number of young, illegal immigrants making up a small percentage of the state, they commit a disproportionate amount of crime.

What’s more, this group commits crimes at “twice the rate of young U.S. citizens.”:

https://www.amazon.com/Feit-BPESL13T-GU24-13-watt-2-Pack/dp/B00JXPQN4U/ref=sr_1_17?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1516999235&sr=1-17&keywords=light+bulbs
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
But ... aren't they just innocent children?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline skeeter

Common sense says someone who broke the law to get in, has no 'paper trail', little or no education and nothing to lose will likely commit crimes at a higher rate than will the locals.

Only the hopelessly fatheaded, purposely obtuse - or flat dishonest - haven't already figured this out.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Common sense says someone who broke the law to get in, has no 'paper trail', little or no education and nothing to lose will likely commit crimes at a higher rate than will the locals.

Only the hopelessly fatheaded, purposely obtuse - or flat dishonest - haven't already figured this out.

And, add to that - no incentive to become "American" and assimilate. 

Offline Millee

To the surprise of absolutely no one.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline libertybele

....so then why, oh, why are there those in this forum that think that granting DACA amensty to 1.8 million is a good thing?  IMHO they've got their heads buried where the sun doesn't shine.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

To the surprise of absolutely no one.  *****rollingeyes*****

Surprises me.

Only double sounds really low to me.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Surprises me.

Exactly. It's probably ten times as natives. They have a head start just getting here.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Exactly. It's probably ten times as natives. They have a head start just getting here.

What's in this report has been known to us locals for many years.  Mrs. Liberty and I pack everywhere we go, even if it's a quick trip to Walmart or the Circle K.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Surprises me.

All you have to do is visit the most wanted websites.  Here is L.A.

http://www.lapdonline.org/all_most_wanted

Mostly all very bad hombre's.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I can think of several reasons why illegals living in a border state might commit twice as many crimes as legal residents of AZ.  If their mere existence is counted as a crime then that would explain all of it, and it is sophistry to extrapolate that criminal activity in border state AZ correlates to the country as a whole.

It is a moot point because even if the data is correct, once the illegals are amnestied it will raise the crime rate of the legal populace as a whole.   Problem solved.

according to the NAACP http://www.naacp.org/criminal-justice-fact-sheet/

Blacks are incarcerated at rates 5 times more than whites.  Is anybody proposing the blacks should be replaced with these more law abiding illegals?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I can think of several reasons why illegals living in a border state might commit twice as many crimes as legal residents of AZ.  If their mere existence is counted as a crime then that would explain all of it, and it is sophistry to extrapolate that criminal activity in border state AZ correlates to the country as a whole.

It is a moot point because even if the data is correct, once the illegals are amnestied it will raise the crime rate of the legal populace as a whole.   Problem solved.

according to the NAACP http://www.naacp.org/criminal-justice-fact-sheet/

Blacks are incarcerated at rates 5 times more than whites.  Is anybody proposing the blacks should be replaced with these more law abiding illegals?

That's a silly argument.  First of all, their "mere existence" is not counted as a crime - look at the stats if you're having trouble understanding that, and secondly, homegrown black or white or asian or whatever criminals ARE here legally and have nothing to do with this argument. 

As I'm sure you well know, the argument has been, by certain groups trying to increase the rate of immigration and to legalize illegal immigrants, that illegals commit crimes at rates lower than that of native-born Americans, and therefore it somehow makes sense to import them in large numbers. 

That's a silly argument.

That is my favorite kind.

First of all, their "mere existence" is not counted as a crime - look at the stats if you're having trouble understanding that,

I did not read the 40 page paper because I didn't see the link my first read through, so thank you for correcting me on this point.

and secondly, homegrown black or white or asian or whatever criminals ARE here legally and have nothing to do with this argument.

Of course it does.  It's the whole premise of the study.  On average, illegals commit more crime than legals.  The unstated implication is crime would be lower if the illegals were not here.  To which I counter, on average, black legals commit more crimes than illegals.  We both may not like that fact but there it is.

The study only let me look at the paper once ( it required personal information to download it a second time ) so forgive me if I'm mistaken, but I believe the #1 crime was smuggling.  Illegals were almost a 1000% more likely to be incarcerated for smuggling than legals.  This accounted for a huge chunk of the crime.  Lost in those facts is the story that the illegal drugs are being purchased by legal Americans.  I suspect if a study was done on the opposite side of the boarder we would likely see a disproportionate share of undocumented Arizonians incarcerated in Mexican prisons for smuggling than the legal mexican population on the whole.  But even further...a guy from Mexico crosses the boarder to smuggle drugs and gets caught...now he is an illegal immigrant.  Many of the illegals in the AZ prisons are not immigrants.  They are criminals who have no intention of staying and they therefore are not indicative of illegals through out the US .  I would be interested seeing a study like this done in Nebraska

As I'm sure you well know, the argument has been, by certain groups trying to increase the rate of immigration and to legalize illegal immigrants, that illegals commit crimes at rates lower than that of native-born Americans, and therefore it somehow makes sense to import them in large numbers.

Since this study showed legal immigrants had proportional crime rates as legals it is not useful as an argument against increasing legal immigration.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 05:50:00 pm by Once-Ler »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I did not read the 40 page paper because I didn't see the link my first read through, so thank you for correcting me on this point.

Of course it does.  It's the whole premise of the study.  On average, illegals commit more crime than legals.  The unstated implication is crime would be lower if the illegals were not here.  To which I counter, on average, black legals commit more crimes than illegals.  We both may not like that fact but there it is.

The study only let me look at the paper once ( it required personal information to download it a second time ) so forgive me if I'm mistaken, but I believe the #1 crime was smuggling.  Illegals were almost a 1000% more likely to be incarcerated for smuggling than legals.  This accounted for a huge chunk of the crime.  Lost in those facts is the story that the illegal drugs are being purchased by legal Americans.  I suspect if a study was done on the opposite side of the boarder we would likely see a disproportionate share of undocumented Arizonians incarcerated in Mexican prisons for smuggling than the legal mexican population on the whole.  But even further...a guy from Mexico crosses the boarder to smuggle drugs and gets caught...now he is an illegal immigrant.  Many of the illegals in the AZ prisons are not immigrants.  They are criminals who have no intention of staying and they therefore are not indicative of illegals through out the US .  I would be interested seeing a study like this done in Nebraska

Since this study showed legal immigrants had proportional crime rates as legals it is not useful as an argument against increasing legal immigration.

If I were to commission a study on this topic, I'd limit it to violent and property crimes.  Rape, murder, kidnapping, burglary (and ID theft, which is a fairly new form of burglary).  Those first four are the crimes that keep me packing heat when I go out and about in AZ, and motivates me to keep my SimpliSafe subscription paid up. 

Fortunately, this State is very good about allowing me to carry.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

PROPORTIONALLY.  They commit more crimes per person than does the average American.

The fact that some populations of Americans commit more crimes than other Americans has nothing to do with whether or not we should all immigrants in who commit more crimes than the average American.  Doesn't even make sense to argue that.  You're reaching.

Doesn't even make sense to argue that.  You're reaching.
I'm surprised you bothered to respond then.  I'm quite happy with my argument.  You do not appear to have bothered to countered it at all IMO.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm surprised you bothered to respond then.  I'm quite happy with my argument.  You do not appear to have bothered to countered it at all IMO.

Why bother countering an argument you have already admitted is "silly?"
I will NOT comply.

Why bother countering an argument you have already admitted is "silly?"
Curses!  Foiled again by my own sense of humor. 9999hair out0000

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Curses!  Foiled again by my own sense of humor. 9999hair out0000

I knew you were being silly when you said it was silly.  The two sillies cancel each other out. :laugh: :whistle:
I will NOT comply.