Author Topic: Consuming one hundred percent fruit juice does not alter blood sugar levels, study suggests  (Read 916 times)

rangerrebew

Consuming one hundred percent fruit juice does not alter blood sugar levels, study suggests

January 19, 2018

A new study published in the Journal of Nutritional Science suggests that consuming 100% fruit juice does not significantly impact fasting blood insulin, fasting blood glucose, or insulin resistance.

The results are consistent with prior studies which have shown that consumption of 100% fruit juice is not linked to increasing risk of developing type 2 diabetes. It also supports a growing body of evidence that fruit juice has no significant impact on glycemic control.

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20180119/Consuming-one-hundred-percent-fruit-juice-does-not-alter-blood-sugar-levels-study-suggests.aspx

Silver Pines

I don’t buy it for a minute.  The residue left behind from fruit juice is sticky with sugar content.  There have been too many studies proving the link. 

My mother was diabetic, and I know that ingesting any sugar without fat to slow its metabolization spikes blood sugar.   Eventually your pancreas gets tired of it.

Besides, fruit (orange) juice is given to diabetics to pull up bottoming blood sugar levels.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
The study was paid for by dole, Tropicana, and other juice producers
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Silver Pines

The study was paid for by dole, Tropicana, and other juice producers

@driftdiver

Missed that part.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
@driftdiver

Missed that part.   *****rollingeyes*****

@CatherineofAragon

Who else would say that drinking something with a high sugar conte t did t raise the blood sugar.

Diabetics have been using it to raise their blood sugar for decades.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon

Who else would say that drinking something with a high sugar conte t did t raise the blood sugar.

Diabetics have been using it to raise their blood sugar for decades.

@driftdiver

Yes, there were times when my mother’s blood sugar was dangerously low, and OJ brought it right up.

Offline Applewood

@driftdiver

Yes, there were times when my mother’s blood sugar was dangerously low, and OJ brought it right up.

Once while in the hospital, my blood sugar became too low.  Was given juice and crackers with peanut butter.  The juice and crackers provided carbs to raise the blood sugar and the fat and protein in the peanut butter kept the blood sugar from falling again. 

Doctor told me that if I want the health benefits of fruit, I should eat the whole fruit, not drink the juice.  The juice, even with no sugar added, has way too many carbs.  And juice isn't quite as filling as the whole fruit. 

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I don’t buy it for a minute.  The residue left behind from fruit juice is sticky with sugar content.  There have been too many studies proving the link. 

My mother was diabetic, and I know that ingesting any sugar without fat to slow its metabolization spikes blood sugar.   Eventually your pancreas gets tired of it.

Besides, fruit (orange) juice is given to diabetics to pull up bottoming blood sugar levels.

I agree completely.

When I am hungover I have two main goals. I have to keep my blood sugar up and I have to hydrate like crazy.
My go to drink is orange juice. I drink it by the quart while forcing down bananas. And it usually works just fine.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.