Author Topic: Nuts – sources, health benefits, nutrients, uses and constituents  (Read 370 times)

rangerrebew

Nuts – sources, health benefits, nutrients, uses and constituents at NaturalPedia.com

Wednesday, June 21, 2017 by Earl Garcia

Nuts have long been touted for their flavor and high nutritional value. Aside from being heart-healthy treats, nuts are known to be generally good additions to any diet plan to promote the body’s overall health. “Their mix of omega-3 fatty acids, protein, and fiber will help you feel full and suppress your appetite,” Judy Caplan, registered dietitian and Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics spokesperson, told Health.com.

https://www.naturalpedia.com/nuts-sources-health-benefits-nutrients-uses-and-constituents-at-naturalpedia-com.html

Offline goodwithagun

Re: Nuts – sources, health benefits, nutrients, uses and constituents
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 02:13:54 pm »
My favorite potato leak soup recipe is thickened with raw cashews soaked in water overnight, and then pureed in fresh water. It's surprisingly very silk and smooth. I do use my Vitamix to blend the nuts, so a regular blender might not get the same results. I also use soaked, raw cashews to make cilantro lime "sour cream". Just blend them up again with a little water until a smooth paste is formed, then thin to sour cream consistency with lime juice. It's a nice alternative for those who are lactose intolerant or those who are doing paleo.
I stand with Roosgirl.