Author Topic: Sen. Ron Johnson: AG Sessions May Not Be Able to Trust His Own Justice Department [Video]  (Read 632 times)

rangerrebew

Sen. Ron Johnson: AG Sessions May Not Be Able to Trust His Own Justice Department [Video]

By Joe Setyon
January 25, 2018 at 6:59am

During an appearance this week on Fox News, GOP Sen. Ron Johnson discussed the potential existence of politically biased operatives “burrowed” within the Justice Department, noting that Attorney General Jeff Sessions might not even be able to rely on his own department.

The Wisconsin Republican was speaking Tuesday with host Bret Baier about recent revelations regarding the political bias of Peter Strzok and Lisa Page, two vehemently anti-Trump FBI agents who were having an affair and played pivotal roles in the investigation into alleged Trump campaign collusion.

https://www.westernjournal.com/sen-ron-johnson-ag-sessions-may-not-able-trust-justice-department-video/?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=eheadlines&utm_campaign=homepage&utm_content=ttp

Offline libertybele

Sen. Ron Johnson: AG Sessions May Not Be Able to Trust His Own Justice Department [Video]

By Joe Setyon
January 25, 2018 at 6:59am

During an appearance this week on Fox News, GOP Sen. Ron Johnson discussed the potential existence of politically biased operatives “burrowed” within the Justice Department, noting that Attorney General Jeff Sessions might not even be able to rely on his own department.

The Wisconsin Republican was speaking Tuesday with host Bret Baier about recent revelations regarding the political bias of Peter Strzok and Lisa Page, two vehemently anti-Trump FBI agents who were having an affair and played pivotal roles in the investigation into alleged Trump campaign collusion.

https://www.westernjournal.com/sen-ron-johnson-ag-sessions-may-not-able-trust-justice-department-video/?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=eheadlines&utm_campaign=homepage&utm_content=ttp

It would seem to me that Sessions would have known long ago that his Deputy AG Rosenstein was not trustworthy nor his appointment of special counsel Mueller ... why Sessions has let them continue on is very questionable and I think really the question that needs to be asked is if the American people can trust Sessions?  My vote is a resounding "no".  Certainly by now Trump himself should realize that there is a huge problem within the DOJ and FBI and yet he has done nothing.  He is choosing to go along with the corruption.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Mr. Sessions will NEVER be able to "trust his own department" so long as there are ANY obama-era holdoevers remaining in their positions.

They should be systematically removed at any cost.

It's becoming clear that the black stain of the obama presidency corrupted each and every branch of the government.
Corrupted the F.B.I.
Corrupted the Justice department.
Even the Secret Service has suffered.

Years ago, I introduced the term "de-obamafication".
Not unlike de-Nazification or de-Stalinization.

Mr. Trump should convene a panel to investigate and root out as many obama hires as possible. Regardless of the legal suits that may arise. Just... do it!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Mr. Sessions will NEVER be able to "trust his own department" so long as there are ANY obama-era holdoevers remaining in their positions.

They should be systematically removed at any cost.

It's becoming clear that the black stain of the obama presidency corrupted each and every branch of the government.
Corrupted the F.B.I.
Corrupted the Justice department.
Even the Secret Service has suffered.

Years ago, I introduced the term "de-obamafication".
Not unlike de-Nazification or de-Stalinization.

Mr. Trump should convene a panel to investigate and root out as many obama hires as possible. Regardless of the legal suits that may arise. Just... do it!

@Fishrrman

888high58888  Right on!  That is exactly what needs to happen.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I've made it clear that I do not trust Sessions at all. IMO, he is the same as Holder and Lynch.
Sessions is a continuation of the Obama DOJ. And I'm absolutely positive that Sessions will NEVER fire anybody.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Isn't this the same guy who showed his ass on TV recently about his secret society source?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 04:43:52 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline ConservativeGranny

Isn't this the same guy who showed his ass on TV recently about his secret society source?

Johnson is the current attack dog being used by the GOP to smear Trump's enemies. Whenever the GOP needs a village idiot they call on either Hannity or Johnson and Johnson gets a committee appointment or two. No one else is willing to make a fool out of themselves. Otherwise he is pretty useless although he seems to have no great relationship with the truth as we in Wisconsin discovered  very quickly. However the GOP couldn't tolerate Feingold getting his seat back so they voted the lesser of two evils again.

It's kind of obvious what Trump is doing. It's the same method Clinton used when he was under investigation. The reason he is going after Rosenstein lately is because he can't fire Sessions but he can fire Rosenstein and install someone he can order to fire Mueller. Rosenstein was very useful to Trump when he used him to write a memo to justify firing Comey but Rosenstein refused to fall on his sword for Trump. And he won't fire Mueller. So he must go. The easiest way for Trump to get support for these firings is to discredit them enough so that his base won't hold it against him. He wants to find a way to justify it.

"Trump — as well as his aides, surrogates, and some Republican members of Congress — has engaged in an unprecedented campaign to discredit specific senior bureau officials and the FBI as an institution.

The FBI officials Trump has targeted are Andrew McCabe, the current deputy FBI director and who was briefly acting FBI director after Comey’s firing; Jim Rybicki, Comey’s chief of staff and senior counselor; and James Baker, formerly the FBI’s general counsel. Those same three officials were first identified as possible corroborating witnesses for Comey in a June 7 article in Vox. Comey confirmed in congressional testimony the following day that he confided in the three men."

http://foreignpolicy.com/2018/01/26/trump-launched-campaign-to-discredit-potential-fbi-witnesses/?utm_content=buffer989ee&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

What Trump lacks is subtlety. He calls this "fighting back" but Trump's version of fighting back includes telling lies if necessary, smearing his enemies and revenge for anyone who he deems isn't showing appropriate homage and loyalty. They are the actions not of an innocent man fighting back but a guilty one pulling every possible dirty trick out of his hat to prevent the truth from coming out. And if he can't stop the truth he'll try to discredit it.

Trump supporters claim that Trump would be such a good president because he brings his business experience to the office. He does. However his business experience isn't an asset in Trump's case. He handles his business the same way he is handling this investigation. And it's nothing to be proud about. He isn't fighting back for us. He isn't fighting back to preserve our Republic. He is fighting back to protect himself and his family from possible criminal charges and impeachment.

Trump's behavior in his business matters is no secret. He brags about it in his books. There are multiple court cases that demonstrate his business practises and the way he handles his personal life.

Anyone who says anything  bad about him automatically becomes a target for his abuse and bullying. He insults them, belittles them and makes unfounded accusations against them. The way he is behaving during this investigation shows that very clearly IMO.  Instead of letting his lawyers fight back for him he continues to make their jobs more and more difficult. There is nothing brilliant or masterful about what Trump is doing. In fact quite the opposite. It is stupid beyond belief and I can only surmise that one would take that risk if they believed they had nothing else to lose.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Johnson is the current attack dog being used by the GOP to smear Trump's enemies. Whenever the GOP needs a village idiot they call on either Hannity or Johnson and Johnson gets a committee appointment or two. No one else is willing to make a fool out of themselves. Otherwise he is pretty useless although he seems to have no great relationship with the truth as we in Wisconsin discovered  very quickly. However the GOP couldn't tolerate Feingold getting his seat back so they voted the lesser of two evils again.

Your assessment of Senator Johnson is counter to mine.  I think he is a good man, and extremely smart.  He certain reflects my values better than Feingold or Baldwin.  Senator Johnson just won re-election.  Perhaps that is why he feels some latitude to speak honestly and freely.  Is it possible he is not an "attack dog" for the administration or a "village idiot," but he just disagrees with you?  I am curious why you say Senator Johnson "seems to have no great relationship with the truth as we in Wisconsin discovered very quickly."  Was that after he was re-elected?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/how-sen-ron-johnson-defied-the-odds-to-win-re-election/
In fact, there is evidence that Johnson’s strong campaign has a “reverse coattails” effect -- that is, he helped Donald Trump win, not the other way around.

Trump also trailed consistently in the polls but ended up winning the Badger State over Hillary Clinton by just over 27,000 votes.

Johnson, however, fared better than the Republican nominee, winning reelection by almost 100,000 votes - close to the same margin Johnson beat Feingold by in 2010.

More Wisconsinites actually voted in the Senate race than for either Trump or Clinton at the top of the ticket

Offline jpsb

No facts to back up you assertion.  Tell me, who at DOJ signed off on using the fraudulent Steele
document to get the FISA warrant on Trump? Who at DOJ knew the FBI was spying on
Trump but did not inform Congress as required? I know you hate Trump but there are bad things
going on at DOJ, FBI and CIA.

Offline RetBobbyMI

I think Trump knows what Nunes knows and is in no hurry to fire anyone. They will fall of their own actions when the memo is released. Trump won’t stop it’s release against all the advice. Then the domino affect will continue. You have already seen a number of key people resign or retire.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy