Author Topic: Trump slams report he tried to fire Robert Mueller as ‘fake news’  (Read 545 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump slams report he tried to fire Robert Mueller as ‘fake news’
NY Post, Jan 26, 2018, Associated Press

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump on Friday dismissed as “fake news” a New York Times report that he ordered the firing of special counsel Robert Mueller last June, but backed down after White House lawyer Don McGahn threatened to resign.

The newspaper reported Thursday that Trump demanded Mueller’s firing just weeks after the special counsel was first appointed by Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.

Trump pushed back against the report, without addressing the specific allegation, as he arrived Friday at the site of the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.

“Fake news, folks. Fake news. Typical New York Times fake stories,” Trump told reporters

More: https://nypost.com/2018/01/26/trump-slams-report-he-considered-firing-mueller-as-fake-news/

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Concerned

et tu, Fox News?  Hannity first dismissed the firing story then said their sources confirmed it.

https://youtu.be/O8xFroLXAb0

I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I agree that there is a lot of fake news going on out there, that's very obvious.  But it also is becoming obvious that Trump blames a lot on 'fake news'.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
If you watch CNN, this is the ONLY story in the known universe.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
It's probably fake in the sense that he 'ordered' his firing.  More likely, he said he wanted to and requested advice from counsel on the best way to do it.  Not wanting to get involved in the mess, they pushed back.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Frank Cannon

If you watch CNN, this is the ONLY story in the known universe.

Looking at the latest ratings, that's about 4 people and one of those people died in front of their TV and hasn't been found by a neighbor yet.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
It's probably fake in the sense that he 'ordered' his firing.  More likely, he said he wanted to and requested advice from counsel on the best way to do it.  Not wanting to get involved in the mess, they pushed back.

You're probably right.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Fox News' Sean Hannity Makes Painful U-Turn On Live TV About Trump Trying To Fire Robert Mueller

“At this hour the New York Times is trying to distract you,” Mr Hannity said on his programme, referring to the newspaper’s report on Thursday saying that Mr Trump ordered White House counsel Don McGahn to fire Mr Mueller last summer.

“And how many times has the New York Times and others gotten it wrong?” he said. Mr Trump has often labelled news coverage that he doesn’t like as “fake news”.

“All right, so we have sources tonight just confirming to Ed Henry that, maybe, yeah, Donald Trump wanted to fire the special counsel for conflict. Does he not have the right to raise those questions?” he asked.

“You know, we’ll deal with this tomorrow,” Mr Hannity added before quickly pivoting to a different topic.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fox-news-apos-sean-hannity-155300950.html

« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 05:59:36 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Trump slams report he tried to fire Robert Mueller as ‘fake news’
NY Post, Jan 26, 2018, Associated Press

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump on Friday dismissed as “fake news” a New York Times report that he ordered the firing of special counsel Robert Mueller last June, but backed down after White House lawyer Don McGahn threatened to resign.

The newspaper reported Thursday that Trump demanded Mueller’s firing just weeks after the special counsel was first appointed by Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.

Trump pushed back against the report, without addressing the specific allegation, as he arrived Friday at the site of the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.

“Fake news, folks. Fake news. Typical New York Times fake stories,” Trump told reporters

More: https://nypost.com/2018/01/26/trump-slams-report-he-considered-firing-mueller-as-fake-news/

Why is this even a story?

I mean, what's the big woo?  Trump probably said something about kinda wishing Mueller was gone but if he'd wanted to fire him, he would have fired him.

Think this whole thing is meant to distract us from something.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Why is this even a story?

I mean, what's the big woo?  Trump probably said something about kinda wishing Mueller was gone but if he'd wanted to fire him, he would have fired him.

Think this whole thing is meant to distract us from something.

A distraction perhaps from the wall not getting built and 1.8 million new DEM voters on the horizon -- the Mueller/Clinton/Obama smoke and mirrors show continues to come in handy. It makes people feel that any day now, the GOP is finally gong to hold the DEMS accountable.  Ya, right!   :rolling: