Author Topic: America First: European CEOs Go One By One To Tell Trump They Are Investing Billions Back In The US  (Read 1567 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

America First: European CEOs Go One By One To Tell Trump They Are Investing Billions Back In The US
The Daily Caller, Jan 25, 2018, Benny Johnson

President Donald J. Trump hosted a dinner with European business leaders and CEOs at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland Thursday evening. Trump has been making the rounds in Davos, holding bilateral meetings with other world leaders and conducting business roundtables. Trump met with various business leaders in shadow of the recent economic boom in America.

In a stunning moment, one by one, European titans of industry from companies like Adidas, Siemens and Bayer went around the table to thank Trump for the passage of tax cuts and the easing of corporate tax burdens. Almost every CEO had a new US-based investment or strategic business to announce.

The president of Seimens, Joe Kaeser, said, “since you have been so successful in tax reform we have decided to develop the next generation gas turbines in the United States.”

Trump responded “That’s great!”

More:  http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/25/european-ceos-trump/

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

MAGA!!   @Right_in_Virginia

Smiled when I saw the title....laughed when I saw you posted it!   888high58888

:beer:  @DCPatriot

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Pelosi's spinning of this into Trump Insulting the Serfs with Handouts of 'Crumbs' should be a real knee slapper.

:headbang:
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Pelosi's spinning of this into Trump Insulting the Serfs with Handouts of 'Crumbs' should be a real knee slapper.

:headbang:

NEVER get tired of 'winning'!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

....and about NO wall and granting amnesty ... in my books, that's definitely not winning.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

We just watched the President's speech at Davos ... he hit it out of the park!  True to everything he said on the campaign trail and is doing from the Oval Office.

Winning!!

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Now what was actually said AFTER the cameras were off and Trump turned his back?

"Brad here is going to show you to the pit of misery. Dilly dilly!"
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Fantom

Kudos... @DCPatriot  , @Right_in_Virginia  President Trump is certainly doing well...very very well.

This is a good thing... great thing for America , and quite frankly, the world.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author

Kudos... @DCPatriot  , @Right_in_Virginia  President Trump is certainly doing well...very very well.

Truth!

When America slides the world slides with us.

Real Politik IS King of The Hill, whether lefties like it or not.

There's only room for 1 Junkyard Dog at the top of that hill.

Detente is Defeat.

The rest of the world does better when America does better.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

I agree:  the President is doing very, very well.  And judging by his reception in Davos ... the world is noticing and appreciating.

888high58888 @Fantom

Offline corbe

Out of deep respect for you Trumpers, I will not bust up this Lovefest by posting ill advised images of people in waders.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
     Out of deep respect for you Trumpers, I will not bust up this Lovefest by posting ill advised images of people in waders.

You're the best, @corbe.  Actually, Trump must have been beyond fabulous in Davos.  Yahoo could find nothing negative to say, so they dropped the whole story off their front page.

They said he was the grownup in the room, but had to add the caveat of 'how long will it last.'
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Fantom

They are respectful, we are respectful.

Honestly @corbe , DC and Right deserve some shine. This Cruz man is real happy with President Trump. I S'pect...you are too.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
They are respectful, we are respectful.

Honestly @corbe , DC and Right deserve some shine. This Cruz man is real happy with President Trump. I S'pect...you are too.

Trump is doing fine right now.  I just hope he does the right thing with the illegals.

Some of his most ardent followers ... not so much.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

You're the best, @corbe.  Actually, Trump must have been beyond fabulous in Davos.  Yahoo could find nothing negative to say, so they dropped the whole story off their front page.

They said he was the grownup in the room, but had to add the caveat of 'how long will it last.'

With all due respect for Yahoo's "caveat", the President is the grownup in all meetings .... most especially when he's dealing on the international financial stage.  And make no mistake, this is what the President was doing and doing well to the advantage of the nation he represents.

I honestly cannot envision any one of the past Presidents or presidential candidates, from either party, doing what President Trump did in Davos in just two days. 

The President went to Davos and again did everything he promised to do as a candidate.  And this is very good for the economy and American morale.

Offline Fantom

Trump is doing fine right now.  I just hope he does the right thing with the illegals.

Some of his most ardent followers ... not so much.

Now Emjay, no reason to go there.

Enjoy that we are all winning.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

Sorry folks, I do not wish to be the fulcrum.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 04:16:10 am by Fantom »

Frederick Douglass

Offline MOD8

Next time won't be a warning @corbe

Offline corbe

I apologize to all Briefers who may have felt my personal attack on @Right_in_Virginia's Breath was beyond the acceptable limit of civility here as apparently it was. I will strive to do better in the future.*

*if there is one.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 04:25:06 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

As prophesied.  Rev 13:3-5

Offline aligncare

The scope of Trump’s economic successes at home are impressive. Indeed, Trump deserves the praise he got at Davos for his handling of the domestic economy which has spurred potential foreign investment in a growing US economy.

On top of that we learned this week that Trump’s peace-through-strength strategy in foreign policy yielded some success with the North Korean dictator. After weeks of trading threats with the president, North Korea has called for reunification of the Korean Peninsula. Score another one for the Trump-meister.

Offline Night Hides Not

I apologize to all Briefers who may have felt my personal attack on @Right_in_Virginia's Breath was beyond the acceptable limit of civility here as apparently it was. I will strive to do better in the future.*

*if there is one.

:wtf!:

Have the Orange Brigadiers wrested control of the Mods?  I mean, it's not like you were using profanity and chortling about those who "fondle their rosaries."

Hey, I like posting here, but this ain't the only game in town. 
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 12:32:32 pm by Night Hides Not »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline corbe

:wtf!:

Have the Orange Brigadiers wrested control of the Mods?  I mean, it's not like you were using profanity and chortling about those who "fondle their rosaries."

Hey, I like posting here, but this ain't the only game in town. 

I was way out of line last night @Night Hides Not After reading someone's post for 2 or 3 days without responding I finally snapped and it wasn't pretty.