Author Topic: Ted Cruz On Trump’s Amnesty Compromise: FORGET IT!  (Read 18331 times)

Offline Hoodat

Re: Ted Cruz On Trump’s Amnesty Compromise: FORGET IT!
« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2018, 07:23:56 pm »
Do you ever get heartburn from the bitterness bubbling inside you?

@Right_in_Virginia  @catfish1957

It could be frustration from dealing with the utter hypocrisy of those claiming to be anti-amnesty while supporting a pro-amnesty candidate and President.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2018, 07:28:28 pm »
Cruz forgets that he is here illegally.

@jpsb

Lies make Jesus cry.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #77 on: January 26, 2018, 07:28:35 pm »
That is BS.  You cannot possibly even attempt to deny that the very mention of Ted Cruz is Kryptonite to your soul and the lashing out is reflexive.

Calm down @Emjay   I do deny that Ted Cruz is anything near Kryptonite to my soul---or any other part of me.  He's the Senator from Texas and an ineffective member of GOP Senate.  Kryptonite?  He's not even on my radar screen.  If I should ever be curious about what Cruz is saying at any point in time I'll Google "Ronald Reagan" or "Donald Trump" and go to the source.

Don't even think about telling me how to better spend my time.  I have defended you many times on this forum but this is a bridge too far.

Thanks for defending me, but that doesn't give you the power to control me.  I will give you my opinion any time I want.  You can do with it what you want.  So, I'll repeat:  instead of throwing fabricated poop at people, your time may be better spent helping the good Senator from Texas win reelection.

Again, just a suggestion.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 07:29:10 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2018, 07:31:35 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia  @catfish1957

It could be frustration from dealing with the utter hypocrisy of those claiming to be anti-amnesty while supporting a pro-amnesty candidate and President.

@Right_in_Virginia

Please understand something.  I want Trump to succeed.  I want him to put forward a good bill that will be acceptable to OUR side.

I know some compromise will be necessary and the rats are probably pretty locked in on a few issues.

But this is a risky time for Trump.  He cannot be seen as pro-amnesty or as going back on his promises.

That's why I want him to get Ted Cruz up to the oval office ASAP and confer with a man who understands the situation.

Some of you people need to stop reacting and start thinking.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2018, 07:31:40 pm »
I applaud you, sir.

Ma'am.

And, that was a great statement by @Emjay.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2018, 07:33:42 pm »
Agreed.   Amnesty for the Dreamers is both morally appropriate, and a small price to pay to get at least some of the immigration priorities that conservatives want.   Let's get the best bargain we can and make some incremental progress.   Doing nothing gets us - nothing (no matter how much we bitch and moan about the evil scofflaws who cut our lawns, care for our parents, etc., etc.)

My pragmatism finds me totally agreeing with you on this. 

Nevertheless, expect incoming in 5-4-3-2-1..........      :laugh:   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #81 on: January 26, 2018, 07:42:09 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Please understand something.  I want Trump to succeed.  I want him to put forward a good bill that will be acceptable to OUR side.

I know some compromise will be necessary and the rats are probably pretty locked in on a few issues.

But this is a risky time for Trump.  He cannot be seen as pro-amnesty or as going back on his promises.

That's why I want him to get Ted Cruz up to the oval office ASAP and confer with a man who understands the situation.

Some of you people need to stop reacting and start thinking.

They ARE going to get 'Amnesty'.   And, I'm perfectly fine with that.

Also realize that even if the signed agreement includes a provision for withholding their right to vote for [fill-in-the-blank] years?
Soon as the DEMS gain majorities, they become 'instant' voters with a stroke-of-the-pen.

That's why I love "No Wall?  No DACA!"   Construction on The Wall needs to be a REALITY.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #82 on: January 26, 2018, 07:48:27 pm »

Also realize that even if the signed agreement includes a provision for withholding their right to vote for [fill-in-the-blank] years?
Soon as the DEMS gain majorities, they become 'instant' voters with a stroke-of-the-pen.

That's why I love "No Wall?  No DACA!"   Construction on The Wall needs to be a REALITY.

You're fooling yourself if you believe constructing the wall will be the panacea.  France was willing to compromise on flagrant violations of Versailles because they had the Maginot Line.  The Germans just found another way in.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #83 on: January 26, 2018, 07:48:36 pm »

You might want to hold off on jumping on board the amnesty train... it is possible Trump is reprising Cruz's 2012 performance on the original Gang of Eight bill and knows full well the democrats will not accept any amnesty plan that includes limits on future immigration. If they don't he'll have the high road from now on.

Then there you guys'll be, hangin' out there, having applauded amnesty for 1.8 million.

The way the libs are reacting today this just may be what the administration has in mind.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 07:49:20 pm by skeeter »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #84 on: January 26, 2018, 07:59:54 pm »
You might want to hold off on jumping on board the amnesty train... it is possible Trump is reprising Cruz's 2012 performance on the original Gang of Eight bill and knows full well the democrats will not accept any amnesty plan that includes limits on future immigration. If they don't he'll have the high road from now on.

Then there you guys'll be, hangin' out there, having applauded amnesty for 1.8 million.

The way the libs are reacting today this just may be what the administration has in mind.

Amnesty is coming.   Like the flu season.    It's merely a question of how severe, the strain. 

IMO, ideally it would be TEN YEARS before the vote is granted.   That would enable a lot of Americans to witness MAGA firsthand...maybe they'll become Republicans.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #85 on: January 26, 2018, 08:04:44 pm »
Amnesty is coming.   Like the flu season.    It's merely a question of how severe, the strain. 

IMO, ideally it would be TEN YEARS before the vote is granted.   That would enable a lot of Americans to witness MAGA firsthand...maybe they'll become Republicans.

I believed that as well, thirty years ago. Now I realize that the racial divisions created by the '65 immigration act are permanent and will forever be made worse by dysfunctional immigration policies and craven politicians.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 08:09:02 pm by skeeter »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2018, 08:10:34 pm »
I believed that as well, thirty years ago. Now I realize that the racial divisions created by the '65 immigration act are permanent and will forever be made worse by craven politicians.

Meh....  I think it's working out perfectly.

Like Oprah said...."white people need to die...".    The Democrats need a permanent underclass.

So...open borders leave us in deep shit.

All of a sudden, Donald Trump appears and not only stops the flow at the border, but also syphons millions off their voter rolls.

So...in the end it will be a invigorated GOP and DEM party.

Hope I live to see it.    :laugh:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #87 on: January 26, 2018, 08:21:23 pm »
Ma'am.

And, that was a great statement by @Emjay.

888high58888  Indeed it was!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bilo

« Reply #88 on: January 26, 2018, 10:31:57 pm »

The amnesty part of the immigration reform proposal is Trump trying to pressure the Rats into agreeing to a wall and ending chain migration along with the lottery. I don't see the Rats agreeing. They know they have a steady stream of new voters as the natural born children of illegals become voters. The Rats have suceeded in turning CA. into a dark blue state with illegal immigration. It's only a matter of time for the demographics to shift to their favor in other states.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline libertybele

« Reply #89 on: January 26, 2018, 11:04:04 pm »
The amnesty part of the immigration reform proposal is Trump trying to pressure the Rats into agreeing to a wall and ending chain migration along with the lottery. I don't see the Rats agreeing. They know they have a steady stream of new voters as the natural born children of illegals become voters. The Rats have suceeded in turning CA. into a dark blue state with illegal immigration. It's only a matter of time for the demographics to shift to their favor in other states.

Exactly...another that gets why Trump's amnesty deal for 1.8 million is an extremely bad deal not only for the GOP but for the country in general.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #90 on: January 26, 2018, 11:57:01 pm »
If Ted don't like it, I don't like it.

I'll second that!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #91 on: January 27, 2018, 01:23:48 am »
I'll second that!

Those that don't live in a border state have obviously not experienced the problems we've already faced firsthand as a result of illegal immigration.  To encourage amnesty and to risk the sovereignty of our country is absolute lunacy!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #92 on: January 27, 2018, 01:26:06 am »
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline bilo

« Reply #93 on: January 27, 2018, 01:47:45 am »
Those that don't live in a border state have obviously not experienced the problems we've already faced firsthand as a result of illegal immigration.  To encourage amnesty and to risk the sovereignty of our country is absolute lunacy!

All we have to do is look at CA. The state has gone from being prosperous to having the highest poverty rate in the nation. It has been transformed into a hard left largely one party state. We often confuse the generally socially conservative views of latinos with being conservative. They may be socially conservative, but they vote big govt solutions to any perceived problem. Unfortunately for conservatives demographics are not in our favor.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #94 on: January 27, 2018, 01:48:41 am »
NO AMNESTY - NO COMPROMISE!  Something to consider (it's lengthy but worth the read):

Under the supposedly "conservative" pretense of boosting "border security" and limiting illegal immigration, Congressman Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.) has introduced H.R. 4760, the Securing America's Future Act of 2018, which would force all Americans to have mandatory national biometric ID cards and in exchange for this bill would give the Democrats and millions of illegal immigrants amnesty by including DACA. In a recent January 22, 2018 article published by The New American online, Alex Newman reports about the proposal:

Republican leaders in Congress are once again plotting with Democrats to stab the American people and the U.S. Constitution in the back, on multiple key issues. Under the guise of getting "something" in exchange for providing amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants (and future Democrat voters) in Obama's illegal Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, the establishment wing of the GOP is pushing a radical longtime goal of the bipartisan Deep State: mandatory national biometric ID cards for all Americans.

The Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival (DACA) program began in 2012 as a series of unconstitutional executive actions by President Barack Obama. The program extends protections from deportation for roughly 741,546 young immigrants who illegally entered the United States as children with their parents. The program was originally meant to expire in March of 2018, but President Trump allowed for a six-month delay in order to give Congress ample time to settle the issue. Republicans typically oppose DACA, but Democrats want to keep it. As for what are the national biometric ID cards, which congressional Republicans want so much that they are willing to pass DACA in exchange, Alex Newman writes:

The Orwellian national ID scheme, known as "E-Verify," is ostensibly aimed at making it harder for illegal immigrants to find work in the United States. Basically, as part of the program, which would become mandatory under the bill, every employer would be forced to buy a scanner and use it to check the legal work status of potential employees. On top of that, every worker would be forced to have a biometric ID issued by the federal government in order to be able to legally work. Without this national ID, employers would not legally be able to hire somebody.

It is already illegal for employers to hire illegal immigrants. Passing new laws, like E-Verify, will not change anything. As Newman explains, "in reality, illegal immigrants are typically paid under the table anyway - many of them simply work as day laborers and get paid in cash at the end of the day. In light of that fact, the unconstitutional plot to mandate national ID will do little to prevent unscrupulous employers from continuing to hire illegal immigrants, off the books."

So just as how gun-control laws fail to prevent criminals from using guns to commit crimes, likewise E-Verify will not stop law-breaking companies and employers from hiring illegal immigrants. "What the scheme will do," according to Newman, "is [to] force all law-abiding Americans to carry an unconstitutional national ID with all their information on it, including sensitive biometric data, just to be allowed to work. It will also give the feds a key new tool to monitor and control people."

Also sounding the alarm - As Newman points out - is former Texas congressman and Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul, who in an e-mail to supporters and members of the non-profit Campaign for Liberty (C4L), warns:

That's right -- the statists want to control you.
Just think about it. . . Gun ownership. Employment history. Family and friends. Purchasing habits. Health records. Travel. Religious beliefs. Past political contributions [...], just imagine all these records and more on EVERY American citizen stored in a massive national database right at a federal government bureaucrat's finger tips.

Under this E-Verify "statists' National ID scheme," as Paul puts it, "you'd be forced to carry around your National ID card, tied to this massive database, chockfull of biometric identifiers like fingerprints and retina scans." And to see just how far-reaching this program would be, Paul states that those who don't have the onerous biometric ID "won't be able to legally hold a job -- or likely even open a bank account or even board a plane!"

Despite what establishment congressional Republicans, like Congressman Goodlatte, might say to entice conservatives into supporting the bill (such as funding for the construction of a wall on U.S.-Mexico border), H.R. 4760 is altogether a bad deal for America. As Newman reports, the bill would "increase the number of foreign workers brought in by 45 percent, meaning 55,000 additional immigrants each year on top of those already coming in" and "also expands the H-2C program, allowing about a million temporary workers to come into the United States and compete with Americans in the food and agriculture sectors." Goodlatte's bill not only infringes on American's God-given rights and individual liberties, but by including DACA it further makes it inconsistent with the anti-globalist "America First" campaign promises of President Donald Trump to "Make America Great Again."

Please phone your representative (202-225-3121) and senators (202-224-3121) and ask them to OPPOSE both the E-Verify biometric national ID and DACA amnesty by VOTING AGAINST H.R. 4760, the Securing America's Future Act of 2018.

Offline bilo

« Reply #95 on: January 27, 2018, 02:04:25 am »
We live in frightening times when the "conservative" party thinks the solution to illegal immigration is the federal govt having control over who can work or purchase goods in the country.

I think all we are seeing right now is positioning for the mid term elections. Trump has maneuvered the Rats into revealing they really don't want a deal. If Trump wants to really push the Rats into resolving the issue all he has to do is end DACA (it's illegal anyway) and begin deporting the DACA "kids" and their parents. The Rats will want a solution then.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #96 on: January 27, 2018, 02:09:33 am »
We live in frightening times when the "conservative" party thinks the solution to illegal immigration is the federal govt having control over who can work or purchase goods in the country.

I think all we are seeing right now is positioning for the mid term elections. Trump has maneuvered the Rats into revealing they really don't want a deal. If Trump wants to really push the Rats into resolving the issue all he has to do is end DACA (it's illegal anyway) and begin deporting the DACA "kids" and their parents. The Rats will want a solution then.

888high58888

Offline anubias

« Reply #97 on: January 27, 2018, 02:10:15 am »

This.

I wish Cruz had waited to voice his opinion on this.

BassWrangler

« Reply #98 on: January 27, 2018, 02:13:37 am »
CruzTrump is a self serving con man.

Fixed it for you.

Offline anubias

« Reply #99 on: January 27, 2018, 02:19:22 am »
NO AMNESTY - NO COMPROMISE!  Something to consider (it's lengthy but worth the read):

Despite what establishment congressional Republicans, like Congressman Goodlatte, might say to
Please phone your representative (202-225-3121) and senators (202-224-3121) and ask them to OPPOSE both the E-Verify biometric national ID and DACA amnesty by VOTING AGAINST H.R. 4760, the Securing America's Future Act of 2018.

Particularly if your rep is a Dem.