Author Topic: Ted Cruz On Trump’s Amnesty Compromise: FORGET IT!  (Read 18356 times)

Offline skeeter

Re: Ted Cruz On Trump’s Amnesty Compromise: FORGET IT!
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2018, 06:31:26 pm »
No he did not. I have to go but I will post a video of him proposing an amnesty back in the gang of 8
days when I get back.

I hate to have to keep going back and pointing this out, but what you are referring to was Cruz using the Gang of Eight's rhetoric of compassion against them in the well of the senate to highlight the fact the compassion had NOTHING to do with their plan.

You are taking his comments way out of context.

He was against the Dream Act from the beginning.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2018, 06:32:58 pm »
Watch it shimmer
See it glimmer
Cool and Fruity
Jello brand Trumpican
Of all deserts
You love the one
That debased the right
and makes cons run
Make Jello gelatin
And make some pun

You can send those back to 2015, too @Sighlass .. Well, if you have any interest in joining the real world, that is.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2018, 06:33:14 pm »
Well, to be fair @jpsb ... Cruz seems to have forgotten that Congress gave *him* a path to citizenship.

Actually  I believe that was his mother. 
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2018, 06:37:07 pm »
Actually  I believe that was his mother.

It was Congress passing a law that made his mother's nationality relevant.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2018, 06:38:23 pm »
Cruz forgets that he is here illegally.

Somewhere, a kingdom is missing their court jester. I can think of several here that would ably fill that role...and they all voted for Trump.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2018, 06:40:10 pm »
It was Congress passing a law that made his mother's nationality relevant.

@Right_in_Virginia
What nationality is Wilmington, Delaware?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2018, 06:40:18 pm »
Well, to be fair @jpsb ... Cruz seems to have forgotten that Congress gave *him* a path to citizenship.

I really, really wish that Trump supporters (some of them) would get over the Cruz hatred.

I support Trump and I think he's doing good work.  This bill is complicated and I won't judge it right now.

But Cruz has been a total gentleman and supported Trump for one solid year.  This is the first time he's publicly disagreed with him.

Trump was vicious to Cruz during the campaign.  It was really hard, but both Cruz and I were able to put that behind us and support Trump.

Time for you guys to do the same.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2018, 06:40:46 pm »
No he did not. I have to go but I will post a video of him proposing an amnesty back in the gang of 8
days when I get back.

Ohh good grief, like none of us were there when this was being debated years ago. Everyone knows Cruz was grandstanding to get that bill (gang of eight) defeated. Even Sessions said as much.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/12/19/defiant-jeff-sessions-on-gang-of-eight-every-step-of-the-way-ted-cruz-was-on-my-side/
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2018, 06:42:54 pm »

That's why Congress is in the "Legislative Branch"...they are the law-making body of the federal government, though each law must be signed by the President, of course.

This branch has yielded way too much of its authority to the Executive branch for years. That's why Presidents govern by Executive Order, and the Judicial Branch inserts itself in rewriting laws they don't like.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2018, 06:43:58 pm »
I really, really wish that Trump supporters (some of them) would get over the Cruz hatred.

I support Trump and I think he's doing good work.  This bill is complicated and I won't judge it right now.

But Cruz has been a total gentleman and supported Trump for one solid year.  This is the first time he's publicly disagreed with him.

Trump was vicious to Cruz during the campaign.  It was really hard, but both Cruz and I were able to put that behind us and support Trump.

I applaud you, sir.

Offline Sighlass

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2018, 06:51:39 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia
What nationality is Wilmington, Delaware?

What's your point @driftdiver .... I'm busy and don't have time for the opaque.  Have a question .... get to it.

Thanks.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2018, 06:53:36 pm »
What year was it when Trump told the dreamers, after meeting with them "You've convinced me"?
2014?
2013?
It wasn't eons ago.

« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2018, 06:56:21 pm »

This is not hatred of Cruz from Trump supporters @Emjay  .... this is frustration with certain levels of bitterness holding some folks from moving forward and leaving the primaries behind.

Cruz is a good Senator for Texas.  Your time might be better spent working on and contributing to his reelection efforts.

Just a suggestion.

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2018, 06:56:58 pm »
What year was it when Trump told the dreamers, after meeting with them "You've convinced me"?
2014?
2013?
It wasn't eons ago.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-pol-trump-dreamers-20161215-story.html
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 06:58:05 pm by Sighlass »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2018, 07:00:33 pm »
This is not hatred of Cruz from Trump supporters @Emjay  .... this is frustration with certain levels of bitterness holding some folks from moving forward and leaving the primaries behind.

Cruz is a good Senator for Texas.  Your time might be better spent working on and contributing to his reelection efforts.

Just a suggestion.

That is BS.  You cannot possibly even attempt to deny that the very mention of Ted Cruz is Kryptonite to your soul and the lashing out is reflexive.

Don't even think about telling me how to better spend my time. 

I have defended you many times on this forum but this is a bridge too far.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2018, 07:00:50 pm »
2014?
2013?
It wasn't eons ago.

I'm sure fruit flies would disagree with you...their life span is 40-50 days.  lol, but that's sometimes longer than many  The Donald's firmly held principles.

http://"Leaders, true leaders, take responsibility for the success of the team, and understand that they must also take responsibility for the failure."

https://www.inc.com/peter-economy/21-donald-trump-quotes-to-inspire-your-success-and-happiness.html
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 07:02:03 pm by Night Hides Not »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2018, 07:01:44 pm »
I applaud you, sir.

Thanks.

However, I am, and have always been, a girl.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2018, 07:02:19 pm »

I absolutely agree. 

"I really, really wish that Cruz supporters (some of them) would get over the Trump hatred.

I support Trump and I think he's doing good work."
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2018, 07:04:52 pm »
I absolutely agree. 

"I really, really wish that Cruz supporters (some of them) would get over the Trump hatred.

I agree that Trump has done generally good work up to now but this current amnesty proposal does not fall into the category of "good work" IMHO.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2018, 07:07:37 pm »
I absolutely agree. 

Don't be an ass.  As soon as Trump was elected, I started supporting him and so did Ted Cruz.

You cannot name one time when Ted failed to back Trump on his initiatives.  This is one point where rabid Trumpers are totally insane.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #72 on: January 26, 2018, 07:10:10 pm »
Don't be an ass.  As soon as Trump was elected, I started supporting him and so did Ted Cruz.

You cannot name one time when Ted failed to back Trump on his initiatives.  This is one point where rabid Trumpers are totally insane.

Stand back a couple of steps. I did NOT write your own words about YOU.

I said "some of them," as did you.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #73 on: January 26, 2018, 07:16:57 pm »
Stand back a couple of steps. I did NOT write your own words about YOU.

I said "some of them," as did you.

You stand back.  It is actually possible to like two people in politics.  I stand by what I said about Trump and I stand by what I said about Cruz.

AND  Trump had better listen to Cruz on this issue and consult him because Trump desperately needs to go in the right direction here.

I venture over to TOS occasionally to check the sentiment over there and many of them would turn against Trump if he makes the wrong move on the immigration issue.

It is a perilous time for Trump and he needs to take the counsel of Ted Cruz very seriously here.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2018, 07:21:12 pm »
Wish one of our Trump orange contingent here would explain how Trump didn't cave on what was his signature campaign issue.

To be fair, Trump supported touchback amnesty during the campaign.  With this new deal, he is merely dropping the 'touchback' part.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-