Author Topic: Ted Cruz On Trump’s Amnesty Compromise: FORGET IT!  (Read 18318 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Ted Cruz On Trump’s Amnesty Compromise: FORGET IT!
« Reply #350 on: February 01, 2018, 02:24:57 pm »
??? I'm trying to decipher what you've written here.

Trump has already publicly stated that he is willing to GIVE the Dreamers a pathway to citizenship.  We only hold a very slim majority in the Senate.  Secondly, I think it is important to consider the results granting 1.8 million citizenship.  That is potentially 1.8 million new DEM voters.  The writing after that is on the wall.

AND - unless they get rid of chain migration BEFORE giving the dreamers a path to citizenship, we're talking 11-12 million.  New dem voters.   Oh, yaaay.   

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #351 on: February 01, 2018, 02:48:56 pm »
If Hisanics are "culturally conservative," why are you always singing their praises?  You are always talking about how horrible cultural conservatives are.

I'm probably more culturally conservative than you are.   I've been married for almost forty years to a girl I met when I was 18.  I've never been unemployed, and rarely take a vacation.  Both my kids have good jobs, and never gave me the least bit of trouble.  I drive American cars and keep 'em until they crumble.  I love baseball and jazz.  I aspire to moderation in all things.   I'm likely the most straight-laced, boring individual you'd ever meet.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline skeeter

« Reply #352 on: February 01, 2018, 03:05:41 pm »
That's a self-fulfilling prophecy given your rhetoric and others like you.  Hispanics are culturally conservative.  I prefer to be optimistic that our values are shared by all who are willing to work hard and aspire to better things.   

Blacks are culturally conservative.

All the optimism in the world doesn't change the fact they, to paraphrase LBJ, will belong to the democrat party for the next 200 years.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #353 on: February 01, 2018, 03:18:46 pm »
I'm probably more culturally conservative than you are.   I've been married for almost forty years to a girl I met when I was 18.  I've never been unemployed, and rarely take a vacation.  Both my kids have good jobs, and never gave me the least bit of trouble.  I drive American cars and keep 'em until they crumble.  I love baseball and jazz.  I aspire to moderation in all things.   I'm likely the most straight-laced, boring individual you'd ever meet.   

So you''re a self-hater then?  You trash-talk "conservatives" all the time on this board, and lecture them on how they should believe.

No, you are not more "culturally conservative" than I.  Not by a long shut, pal.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #354 on: February 01, 2018, 03:23:18 pm »

My whacko-liberal sister would make the very same argument.

Oceander

« Reply #355 on: February 01, 2018, 03:27:03 pm »

All the optimism in the world doesn't change the fact they, to paraphrase LBJ, will belong to the democrat party for the next 200 years.

:bigsilly:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #356 on: February 01, 2018, 03:27:21 pm »
I'm probably more culturally conservative than you are. 

Cultural Conservatives do not:

Support gay "marriage".

Chain migration or any kind of citizenship for people who came here illegally whether they were a child at the time or not.

Support any type of limitations on the 2nd Amendment.

You fail at three of the big issues that define Cultural Conservatives.

Wuit trying to pretend you're something youu aren't.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #357 on: February 01, 2018, 03:30:23 pm »
My whacko-liberal sister would make the very same argument.

This person is for laws that permit abortion on demand, suing people into oblivion who don't want to bake wedding cakes for events they consider abomination (putting their own souls at risk of damnation) and stripping self-defense away from other people.  And then he lectures us stupidheads on how we need to change our beliefs to match his, under penalty and pain of law if need be, and claims to be more conservative than all of us idiots.

It's some definition of "conservative" that I was not previously familiar with.   **nononono*
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #358 on: February 01, 2018, 03:30:43 pm »

Many times, that assertion is based on church attendance.  However, if you’re listening to someone like Fleuger or Wright, you’re probably not culturally conservative at all.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #359 on: February 01, 2018, 03:34:36 pm »
This person is for laws that permit abortion on demand, suing people into oblivion who don't want to bake wedding cakes for events they consider abomination (putting their own souls at risk of damnation) and stripping self-defense away from other people.  And then he lectures us stupidheads on how we need to change our beliefs to match his, under penalty and pain of law if need be, and claims to be more conservative than all of us idiots.

It's some definition of "conservative" that I was not previously familiar with.   **nononono*

You've obviously never talked to my whacko-liberal sister. She's still floating the argument that Obama was the most conservative minded president in living history.  *****rollingeyes***** **nononono*

It seems to be their new shtick.  :shrug:

Online libertybele

« Reply #360 on: February 01, 2018, 03:39:27 pm »
That's a self-fulfilling prophecy given your rhetoric and others like you.  Hispanics are culturally conservative.  I prefer to be optimistic that our values are shared by all who are willing to work hard and aspire to better things.   

??  Self fulfilling prophecy?  Really?

Key facts about the Latino vote in 2016:  (Keep in mind that this is based on eligible Latino voters).

Significant growth in the number of Latino eligible voters has helped make the U.S. electorate more racially and ethnically diverse than ever this year. According to Pew Research Center projections, a record 27.3 million Latinos are eligible to cast ballots, representing 12% of all eligible voters.

Since 2012, the number of Hispanic eligible voters has increased by 4 million, accounting for 37% of the growth in all eligible voters during that span. The Hispanic share of eligible voters in several key battleground states has also gone up.

Latinos have favored the Democratic Party over the Republican Party in every presidential election since at least the 1980s, but their electoral impact has long been limited by low voter turnout and a population concentrated in non-battleground states. Despite large growth in the number of eligible Latino voters, it remains to be seen whether their turnout will set a record in November.

44% of Latino eligible voters and are the main driver of growth in the Latino electorate. From 2012 to 2016, 3.2 million young U.S.-born Latinos came of age and turned 18, accounting for 80% of the increase in Latino eligible voters during this time.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/10/14/key-facts-about-the-latino-vote-in-2016/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #361 on: February 01, 2018, 03:41:47 pm »
So you''re a self-hater then?  You trash-talk "conservatives" all the time on this board, and lecture them on how they should believe.

No, you are not more "culturally conservative" than I.  Not by a long shut, pal.

I oppose social conservatives, not conservatives.  Not all political "social conservatives" are culturally conservative - they cheat on their wives and get divorced, drink and do drugs to excess, and sponge off the government whenever they can just like liberals do.

Social conservatives are,  speaking generally, authoritarians who want to harness the power of the government to impose their peculiar views on abortion, social minorities and religion.   It is one thing to refuse to get an abortion, it is quite another to insist the government criminalize the practice.  It is one thing to view homosexuality as an abomination and not to practice it, and quite another to insist that the government deny the law's equal protection to gays and provide legal carte blanche to discriminate against them in the conduct of commerce.

I've never encouraged anyone to get an abortion, and I've never had sexual relations with a man.   But I am enough of a REAL conservative to recognize that liberty means that each of us can make these decisions for ourselves, based on our own circumstances, without the heavy hand of government enforcing the rigid rules of the Bible or Quran.         

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #362 on: February 01, 2018, 03:43:50 pm »
??  Self fulfilling prophecy?  Really?

Key facts about the Latino vote in 2016:  (Keep in mind that this is based on eligible Latino voters).

Significant growth in the number of Latino eligible voters has helped make the U.S. electorate more racially and ethnically diverse than ever this year. According to Pew Research Center projections, a record 27.3 million Latinos are eligible to cast ballots, representing 12% of all eligible voters.

Since 2012, the number of Hispanic eligible voters has increased by 4 million, accounting for 37% of the growth in all eligible voters during that span. The Hispanic share of eligible voters in several key battleground states has also gone up.

Latinos have favored the Democratic Party over the Republican Party in every presidential election since at least the 1980s, but their electoral impact has long been limited by low voter turnout and a population concentrated in non-battleground states. Despite large growth in the number of eligible Latino voters, it remains to be seen whether their turnout will set a record in November.

44% of Latino eligible voters and are the main driver of growth in the Latino electorate. From 2012 to 2016, 3.2 million young U.S.-born Latinos came of age and turned 18, accounting for 80% of the increase in Latino eligible voters during this time.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/10/14/key-facts-about-the-latino-vote-in-2016/

Latinos have as much right to the American dream as you do.   To heck with your dog-whistle talk about changing "demographics".   If you don't want to fight for their votes and support, then so be it.   

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #363 on: February 01, 2018, 03:57:38 pm »
Latinos have as much right to the American dream as you do.

As long as they are here legally and became citizens or legal permanent residents pursuant to our immigrationlaws. 

To heck with your dog-whistle talk about changing "demographics".   If you don't want to fight for their votes and support, then so be it.

"Dog whistle"...now there's a tried and true liberal phrase if I've ever heard one.

Why do you keep up your charade when you've already been exposed?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 04:04:28 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #364 on: February 01, 2018, 03:59:48 pm »
Latinos have as much right to the American dream as you do.   To heck with your dog-whistle talk about changing "demographics".   If you don't want to fight for their votes and support, then so be it.

And so be it.  Others don't want to be "big government", that means using the system, government supplements and so on.

Yeah, Jazz, just call others names. After all, we are a nation of immigrants, and they are hard working people with strong traditional Catholic conservative values.

Immigrants On Welfare: CIS Report That Claims 73 Percent Of Foreign-Born Latinos Are A Burden Trashed By Critics

By Cedar Attanasio | Sep 03 2015, 07:37PM EDT

http://www.latintimes.com/immigrants-welfare-cis-report-claims-73-percent-foreign-born-latinos-are-burden-338233

Higher incarceration rates, even:

Legal Immigration: Lifeblood of the Left
https://cis.org/OpedsandArticles/Legal-Immigration-Lifeblood-of-Left

Not sure if it was legal or illegal immigrants but as a group, they were more liberal than Occupy Wall Street.

Immigration should be diverse, how about 25% Africa, Asia, Europe, Americas? Something like this sounds more fair even.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #365 on: February 01, 2018, 04:01:36 pm »

That dog whistle blows in both directions, JH.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #366 on: February 01, 2018, 04:15:47 pm »
The Democratic party at least in large swaths of this country is very much a party in decline. They can only make it with immigration and being a party of handouts,  as Obamacare did.  Now, I definitely believe in Christian-based charity to help out those in need but a lot of this governmental aid is a boondoggle as well.

When, say, the Swedes came over 100, 150 years ago, if there were people in need, the community took care of those people.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #367 on: February 01, 2018, 04:19:02 pm »
I oppose social conservatives, not conservatives.  Not all political "social conservatives" are culturally conservative - they cheat on their wives and get divorced, drink and do drugs to excess, and sponge off the government whenever they can just like liberals do.

Social conservatives are,  speaking generally, authoritarians who want to harness the power of the government to impose their peculiar views on abortion, social minorities and religion.   It is one thing to refuse to get an abortion, it is quite another to insist the government criminalize the practice.  It is one thing to view homosexuality as an abomination and not to practice it, and quite another to insist that the government deny the law's equal protection to gays and provide legal carte blanche to discriminate against them in the conduct of commerce.

I've never encouraged anyone to get an abortion, and I've never had sexual relations with a man.   But I am enough of a REAL conservative to recognize that liberty means that each of us can make these decisions for ourselves, based on our own circumstances, without the heavy hand of government enforcing the rigid rules of the Bible or Quran.       

Swell, another lecture.  Quoted for all to enjoy. **nononono*
I will NOT comply.

Online libertybele

« Reply #368 on: February 01, 2018, 04:20:13 pm »

Jazz ... first of all that legal Latinos that are already here predominately vote DEM and have been doing so since the '80's.  Therefore, granting 3.6 million people (if we include the 1.8 DACA's parents), I believe is handing the DEMS those votes.  That figure combined with the majority of Latino legal voters will far exceed the GOP voters; it's not going to matter how hard anyone tries to capture those votes - the DEMS will have already captured their vote and they will hold the majority...so...I find it highly probable that at that point the DEMS will grant amnesty to ALL illegals and if you think that's going to be a wonderful thing and support it, then so be it.  Whether you think they are culturally or socially conservative is irrelative -- they vote DEM.  The true reason that the DEMS want to grant amnesty and don't want to end chain migration is for the VOTES.  This shouldn't be a newsflash for you and most of us figure that out years ago.  LBJ's Great Society had nothing to do with empowering blacks or 'equal protection' under the law or 'equal opportunities'; it was all about the VOTES.  That shouldn't be a newsflash to you either. 
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 04:27:45 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #369 on: February 01, 2018, 04:55:42 pm »
Swell, another lecture. 

Of abject BULLSHIT.

Our resident Leftist has taken projection to an all new high.

It is HE and his fellow Leftists and perverts of the Homo Mafia that are the authoritarians who use the power of the government to impose their views on abortion, minorities, sex and religion.  There's not a DAMN THING the guy has ever posted to this board that I have read that could be recognized as Conservative.  The guy preaches Liberalism/Leftist dogma and insists it and he are Conservative, same as every other Leftist screws with redefining terms to transform themselves into angels of light.

It is one thing to oppose and protest abortion, it is quite another to empower government criminalize the practice.  It is one thing to view homosexuality as good, righteous and moral, and quite another to insist that the government and the courts destroy the livelihoods and businesses of Christians who refuse to use their talents to acknowledge, serve and celebrate homosexual perversion.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 04:56:20 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775