Author Topic: Voters want Democrats to control Congress again: Poll  (Read 1205 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Voters want Democrats to control Congress again: Poll
« on: January 24, 2018, 11:02:39 pm »
Voters want Democrats to control Congress again: Poll
by Katie Leach | Jan 24, 2018, 5:33 PM

Democrats are leading Republicans by double-digits in the House and Senate in a new poll ahead of the upcoming 2018 midterm elections.

The new Quinnipiac University poll found that 53 percent of voters want to see the Democrats gain control of the Senate, while only 39 percent want to see the Republicans maintain their control. And by a 51-38 margin, voters want Democrats to take control of the House.

Only 2 percent of voters said they are “enthusiastic” about the way the federal government is operating, and only 19 percent responded that they are “satisfied.”

This poll, which was conducted Jan. 19-23, comes during the wake of a brutal showdown between both parties on Capitol Hill, which led to a three-day government shutdown. Members of Congress eventually reached an agreement on a short-term spending bill which is set to expire on Feb. 8.

Quinnipiac University surveyed 1,245 voters for the Jan. 19-23 poll with a margin of error of 3.3 percentage points.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/voters-want-democrats-to-control-congress-again-poll/article/2646984
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Voters want Democrats to control Congress again: Poll
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 11:09:31 pm »
Quinnipiac University surveyed 1,245 voters

Wow. Quite a sample. Surprised they didn't add in illegals and children to get this spread farther apart.

BTW, the Rats are losing ground on all the other generic ballot polls out there. It's less than a 8 point spread now.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 11:16:01 pm »
There are 435 separate races, most in heavily incumbent favorably established districts.

A national poll is not able to determine which seats would shift.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 11:20:54 pm »
Is this the same 'poll' that declared Hillary would win in a landslide?

I'm sorry, but my faith in 'polls' is pretty close to zero.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 12:37:23 am »
There are 435 separate races, most in heavily incumbent favorably established districts.

From what I understand, the old adage is that the average voter hates Congress, except for their representative.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 12:43:40 am »
For the record:

PARTY IDENTIFICATION (this poll)
Republican 25%
Democrat 32%
Independent 37%
Other/DK/NA 7%
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Fantom

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2018, 12:49:26 am »

I find it hard to imagine voters want economic stagnation, anti-American hate... self flagellation, and ...well the rest of it under leftist rule...... even k-12 knows what an obama lunch entails.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2018, 12:53:15 am »

Exactly.  The national polls showed Hillary would win the popular vote - which she did.  That doesn’t necessarily translate into electoral votes.  It didn’t.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2018, 01:00:11 am »

Exactly.  The national polls showed Hillary would win the popular vote - which she did.  That doesn’t necessarily translate into electoral votes.  It didn’t.

Most election eve polling had Clinton ahead in swing states also. They were wrong.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2018, 01:04:01 am »
Most election eve polling had Clinton ahead in swing states also. They were wrong.

Democrat voters are highly concentrated in urban areas. There are many congressional districts where Republicans are nearly scarcer than unicorns.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2018, 01:11:37 am »

The swing craze is so 90s......
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2018, 01:12:38 am »
Is this the same 'poll' that declared Hillary would win in a landslide?

I'm sorry, but my faith in 'polls' is pretty close to zero.

There is really no way now to successfully poll the public.  Everyone has cell phones.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2018, 01:13:14 am »
Quinnipiac University surveyed 1,245 voters

Wow. Quite a sample. Surprised they didn't add in illegals and children to get this spread farther apart.

BTW, the Rats are losing ground on all the other generic ballot polls out there. It's less than a 8 point spread now.

Nope, they polled some dead people.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2018, 01:26:34 am »
From what I understand, the old adage is that the average voter hates Congress, except for their representative.

Nope. I'm an equal opportunity detestor.

Funny you should bring that up, since I'm surrounded and under seige in Ct by Rats.

I didn't even know which one of them was my Congressional Rep.

Had to go look the rodent up.

Thanks for triggering my Gag Reflex.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 01:26:55 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2018, 05:50:10 pm »
There is really no way now to successfully poll the public.  Everyone has cell phones.
There are many ways to conduct polling, and various surveys.

The greater marginal cost of doing a "better" poll, and then the still greater marginal cost of doing an "even better" poll are the challenges.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline bilo

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2018, 06:15:25 pm »

I find it hard to imagine voters want economic stagnation, anti-American hate... self flagellation, and ...well the rest of it under leftist rule...... even k-12 knows what an obama lunch entails.

The majority of the people I run into are clueless. They have no idea that the economy is starting to really do well. In fact the majority of millenials have never worked while the economy was growing at 3% or better.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home