Author Topic: Trump storms Davos: The President lands in Switzerland to defend his America First policy in a flurr  (Read 1131 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump storms Davos: The President lands in Switzerland to defend his America First policy in a flurry of meetings with world leaders and billionaire CEOs
Daily Mail/UK, Jan 25, 2018

*  President Donald Trump has arrived to Switzerland to participate in the Davos economic conference
*  Members of his cabinet arrived in advance and joined in panels and interviews
*  He will push his 'America First' agenda and seek more fair, reciprocal trade between the US and its allies
*  'America first is not America alone,' said White House senior economic adviser Gary Cohn
*  Trump met the British Prime Minister Theresa May after canceling a visit to the UK earlier this month
*  The president and Prime Minster shook hands after reaffirming the 'Special Relationship' between the nations
*  Trump said that he would 'fight' for Britain and said that any rumors of a fracture in relations were false
*  Met with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu who thanked Trump for recognizing Jerusalem as capital
*  He will also attend a reception the White House has said will be held in his honor and meets with CEOs
*  Trump said before departing that he was 'looking forward' to speaking to special counsel Robert Mueller
*  Trump, never invited as a businessman, will be the first president to attend Davos since Bill Clinton in 2000

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5311077/Security-beefed-Davos-ahead-Trumps-arrival.html#ixzz55D7hpAxj
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 04:09:58 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline dfwgator

And what's best for America is best for The World.

Davos 2018: Donald Trump says he and May 'like each other a lot' - live updates

*  Rolling coverage of the third day of the World Economic Forum
*  Trump arrives, speaks of ‘peace and prosperity’
*  Trump to May: We love your country
*  Theresa May challenges social media companies
*  Malala: Women must raise up voices against sexism and harassment

https://www.theguardian.com/business/live/2018/jan/25/davos-2018-may-trump-hammond-lagarde-climate-change-crypto-tax-avoidance-day-three-live

« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 03:55:42 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Isn't this refreshing ...

Trump, in Davos, Hopes to Sell the Story of U.S. Success
NY Times, Jan 25, 2018, Peter Baker

DAVOS, Switzerland — President Trump arrived at this mountaintop resort town on Thursday ready to challenge the prevailing economic order as he takes his “America First” message directly to the banking titans, corporate magnates and international leaders who have spent years preaching the virtues of global integration.

<snip>

Mr. Trump will discuss those differences when he gives his much-anticipated speech on Friday, but advisers said the plan was not to be belligerent. Instead, they said, he would reaffirm that he believed in robust trade, but that it had to be fair, and that the United States had not been treated well by its partners. And they said he would push for foreign investment in the United States, touting his success at lowering corporate taxes and rolling back business regulations.

“The agenda is going to be, again, that the U.S. is open for business, that the new tax law, tax cuts act, makes investing in the United States very attractive,” said Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin.

More:  https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/25/world/europe/donald-trump-davos-trade.html

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

Did he play Wagner on the way in?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Frank Cannon

"A Rabbi and a Priest buy a car together and it's being stored at the Priest's house. One day the Rabbi goes over to use the car and he sees him sprinkling water on it. The Rabbi asked, ''What are you doing?'' The Priest responded, ''I'm blessing the car.'' So the Rabbi said ''Okay, since we're doing that....'' and takes out a hacksaw and cuts two inches off the tail pipe."

Offline WingNot

"A Rabbi and a Priest buy a car together and it's being stored at the Priest's house. One day the Rabbi goes over to use the car and he sees him sprinkling water on it. The Rabbi asked, ''What are you doing?'' The Priest responded, ''I'm blessing the car.'' So the Rabbi said ''Okay, since we're doing that....'' and takes out a hacksaw and cuts two inches off the tail pipe."

Oy vey.

President Trump has dinner with European Business Leaders. Davos. World Economic Forum. Jan 25, 2018

! No longer available

(Fascinating dynamics ... worth the viewing)

Offline edpc

Offline Frank Cannon

President Trump has dinner with European Business Leaders. Davos. World Economic Forum. Jan 25, 2018

Odd. The MSM told me that the Davos people were going to bring out a metal pail full of Big Macs for Donny to eat and then the they would all laugh at what a crude neanderthal he was. Looks like the exact opposite is happening.

Offline edpc

Odd. The MSM told me that the Davos people were going to bring out a metal pail full of Big Macs for Donny to eat and then the they would all laugh at what a crude neanderthal he was. Looks like the exact opposite is happening.

He promised to bring Playmates and the girls from Vivid Entertainment if they were nice to him.  Why do you think he had so many choppers?

Offline WingNot

He promised to bring Playmates and the girls from Vivid Entertainment if they were nice to him.  Why do you think he had so many choppers?

Choppers?

Offline Frank Cannon

Well he pulled one over on those creeps because it looks like all he brought was Mnuchin.