Author Topic: Trump: Palestinians will not get US aid 'unless they sit down and negotiate peace'  (Read 823 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump: Palestinians will not get US aid 'unless they sit down and negotiate peace'
by Sarah Westwood | Jan 25, 2018, 10:16 AM

President Trump said his administration has a framework for achieving peace between the Israelis and the Palestinians, but warned the U.S. is prepared to withhold aid to the Palestinians if they decline to return to the negotiating table with Israel.

"Respect has to be shown to the U.S. or we're just not going any further," Trump said of the Palestinian Authority during a bilateral meeting with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Thursday at the World Economic Forum.

Trump cited the Palestinians' refusal to meet last week with Vice President Mike Pence during Pence's visit to Israel. The president said his administration has formulated a peace proposal that would be "great" for the Palestinian Authority, if its leaders were willing to restart the talks they severed after he formally recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel late last year.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-palestinians-will-not-get-us-aid-unless-they-sit-down-and-negotiate-peace/article/2647033
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
While I seriously doubt that his adm has a "framework for achieving peace between the Israelis and the Palestinians"

I do like the tone. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Trump: Palestinians will not get US aid 'unless they sit down and negotiate peace'

Why hasn't this always been our policy???   Did it really take President Trump to speak up and proclaim the obvious?   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online cato potatoe

If this is an America First administration, it's time for them to prove it.  Foreign aid must be eliminated.  The rest of the world is running a $40 billion protection racket on the backs of American youth.  WE HAVE NO MONEY TO GIVE AWAY.

Offline goatprairie

As I regard the Palestinian Authority as basically an outlaw state that has no interest in obeying the rules of a civilized world, I do not care what they think about anything because I have zero respect for them.
The PA should be dealt with in a manner of power and dictation until they learn how to behave....which might be never. Shut off the money spigot....let's see how they like that.

Offline bilo

As I regard the Palestinian Authority as basically an outlaw state that has no interest in obeying the rules of a civilized world, I do not care what they think about anything because I have zero respect for them.
The PA should be dealt with in a manner of power and dictation until they learn how to behave....which might be never. Shut off the money spigot....let's see how they like that.

Even better, let Jordan and Egypt deal with them that's where the "Palestinians" are from.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
While I seriously doubt that his adm has a "framework for achieving peace between the Israelis and the Palestinians"

I do like the tone.

He's knows full well they'll never just Quit to sit down and talk.

He's telling them to pound sand.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Oceander

Good.  Let’s hope he sticks to it.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
If they need the US aid money, they can always hit up Arafat's widow.  He siphoned a few $B over the years.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Hey Trump, get a clue - negotiating PEACE is never going to happen between the Palestinians and the Israelis.  Scripture tells us so:

And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.

Zechariah 12:3

So stop wasting resources and funds to get them talking and peacing.   

Let them deal with their issues themselves.  We will be better off not getting cut in pieces by burdening ourselves with them.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

• Wulf Anson Author
Hey Trump, get a clue - negotiating PEACE is never going to happen between the Palestinians and the Israelis.  Scripture tells us so:

And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.

Zechariah 12:3

So stop wasting resources and funds to get them talking and peacing.   

Let them deal with their issues themselves.  We will be better off not getting cut in pieces by burdening ourselves with them.

@INVAR

:da man:

If the Palestinians wanted peace, there would be peace.

If the Israelis wanted war, there would be no Palestinians.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 04:27:16 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline Suppressed

If this is an America First administration, it's time for them to prove it.  Foreign aid must be eliminated.  The rest of the world is running a $40 billion protection racket on the backs of American youth.  WE HAVE NO MONEY TO GIVE AWAY.

I think most Americans wouldn't like the results of that, the effects of losing influence in the world.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

• Wulf Anson Author
I think most Americans wouldn't like the results of that, the effects of losing influence in the world.

Influence?

Most of the world takes our money and spits in our face.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/patrick-goodenough/trump-us-aid-recipients-let-them-vote-against-us-un-well-save-lot

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

If the Palestinians wanted peace, there would be peace.

If the Israelis wanted war, there would be no Palestinians.

QFT.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."