Author Topic: Davos attendees are quietly planning to walk out of Trump’s speech  (Read 469 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Quartz
Heather Timmons
12 hrs ago

A growing number of Davos attendees are planning to walk out of US president Donald Trump’s speech at the World Economic Forum this Friday (Jan. 26), several conference-goers told Quartz, to protest his remarks about African countries earlier this month.

Trump repeatedly called African countries “shitholes” in a closed-door meeting about immigration, attendee Senator Dick Durbin and others have said.

Boycotting Trump’s Davos speech was first broached by Business Leadership South Africa CEO (and Davos attendee) Bonang Mohale in an open letter. Leaving Trump’s speech after he starts is probably more powerful than boycotting it entirely, some Davos attendees speculate.

more
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/davos-attendees-are-quietly-planning-to-walk-out-of-trump%E2%80%99s-speech/ar-AAv8DH1?li=BBnb7Kz
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

They're just making him more popular at home.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
So the corrupt leaders of the worlds shitholes are planning to walk out

Sounds like some more foreign aid we can withhold.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
They're just making him more popular at home.

True.  Foreign elitists walking out on the President will be seen as different from the President's domestic critics. 

As Boon said - they can't do that to our pledges, only we can do that to our pledges!   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
True.  Foreign elitists walking out on the President will be seen as different from the President's domestic critics. 

As Boon said - they can't do that to our pledges, only we can do that to our pledges!

You always did strike me as an Omega Theta Pi man.

"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Right_in_Virginia

They'll be watching and listening to every word at a bar around the corner.   :smokin:

Offline dfwgator

Bye, Felicia!