Author Topic: DOJ threatens subpoenas over sanctuary city policies, mayors refuse to meet with Trump  (Read 336 times)

rangerrebew

DOJ threatens subpoenas over sanctuary city policies, mayors refuse to meet with Trump

John SextonPosted at 5:03 pm on January 24, 2018

Last April the Department of Justice warned authorities in jurisdictions around the country that failure to cooperate with federal immigration authorities, i.e. so-called sanctuary cities policies, could result in a loss of grant money. Since then, California and New York City have doubled-down on their policies. Today, Fox News reports the DOJ sent a letter to 23 jurisdictions including the states of California, Illinois, and Oregon, demanding that they provide documentation on their current policies. The letters warn that failure to reply could result in a subpoena for the information:

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/01/24/doj-threatens-subpoenas-sanctuary-city-policies-mayors-refuse-meet-trump-infrastructure/

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Maybe those cities are saying they don't need any federal money for infrastructure.   I'm sure there's plenty of other places to use it.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.