Author Topic: “This place sucks”: Manchin warns Dems they could remain in the minority “the rest of your life”  (Read 705 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

“This place sucks”: Manchin warns Dems they could remain in the minority “the rest of your life”
Hot Air, Jan 24, 2018, Ed Morrissey

How close did Democrats come to losing the Senate seat from West Virginia? Close enough to take a lecture from incumbent Joe Manchin, who reluctantly committed to running for another term in November only yesterday. The New York Times reveals Manchin’s surprising holdout, as well as his blunt assessment of the Senate and Democrats’ sharp left turn: ...

<snip>

This warning puts a fresh spin on Chuck’s Buckle, too. According to the Times, the shutdown appears to have nearly sent Manchin into retirement, and Manchin didn’t commit to running again until Schumer caved. That adds an entirely new dimension to the February 8th deadline on the current CR — if Schumer tries pulling another government shutdown, will Manchin withdraw his candidacy? He has to file by Friday to qualify for the ballot, but he can withdraw nearly anytime between now and the mid-May primary. That potential threat may limit Schumer’s range of options in the DACA battle, even as the same extremist activists about which Manchin warns continue to demand the scorched-earth tactics that nearly drove Manchin into retirement.

More: https://hotair.com/archives/2018/01/24/place-sucks-manchin-warns-dems-remain-minority-rest-life/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
“I’ve said this point blank: If people like me can’t win from red states, you’ll be in the minority the rest of your life,” Mr. Manchin said about his conversations with other Democrats about the need to tolerate more moderate lawmakers."

Just as stupid as the rest of them.

Dems need to tolerate more moderate lawmakers?

They've spent at least 70 years Balkanizing the Country to pit one splinter faction against the others.

They can't back down on their Special constituent groups. Any of them. Gotta keep tossing them All the raw meat of their choice.

Moderation would finish them as a Party overnight.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Frank Cannon

Now this seems more like the Rat party condition these days than the bullshit the MSM is spinning that this will be a huge pick up for Rats.

• Wulf Anson Author
Now this seems more like the Rat party condition these days than the bullshit the MSM is spinning that this will be a huge pick up for Rats.

Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, don't it?

Too dumb to figure out his own warren of Anarchists so the GOPE will take him in, just like Backstabbing, Magic Underwear Mitt, as one of their treasured own.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

“I’ve said this point blank: If people like me can’t win from red states, you’ll be in the minority the rest of your life,” Mr. Manchin said about his conversations with other Democrats about the need to tolerate more moderate lawmakers."

Just as stupid as the rest of them.

Dems need to tolerate more moderate lawmakers?

They've spent at least 70 years Balkanizing the Country to pit one splinter faction against the others.

They can't back down on their Special constituent groups. Any of them. Gotta keep tossing them All the raw meat of their choice.

Moderation would finish them as a Party overnight.

I'm glad you specified you're talking about rats.  Your descriptions are applicable to both majority parties.

• Wulf Anson Author
I'm glad you specified you're talking about rats.  Your descriptions are applicable to both majority parties.

Is that why you're here instead of DU?

If there truly is no difference between Rats and Pubbies, why post at TBR?

Granted, it's oft times microscopic, but there is, a difference.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 01:45:09 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »