Author Topic: DOJ tells Nunes it'd be 'reckless' to release memo without review  (Read 376 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
DOJ tells Nunes it'd be 'reckless' to release memo without review
By John Bowden - 01/24/18 07:04 PM EST

The Justice Department on Wednesday warned lawmakers not to publicly release a memo purporting to detail surveillance abuses by the U.S. government for fear it will harm national security and ongoing investigations.

Assistant Attorney General Stephen Boyd in a letter to the chair of the House Intelligence Committee, Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.), said that the Republican push to release a memo that they say reveals political bias at the FBI and DOJ would be "extraordinarily reckless" without a review by those agencies.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/370614-doj-official-tells-nunes-itd-be-reckless-to-release-memo-without
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline RetBobbyMI

Re: DOJ tells Nunes it'd be 'reckless' to release memo without review
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 01:57:42 am »
Of course they would. They don't want their rats exposed.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 02:00:30 am »
How about we just let the citizens review it and make their own judgements.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 03:16:37 am »
How about we just let the citizens review it and make their own judgements.
They would want to allow that.  They're afraid you might learn something they don't like.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy