Author Topic: Trump says he's open to citizenship path for DACA recipients  (Read 4769 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: Trump says he's open to citizenship path for DACA recipients
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2018, 01:50:29 pm »
He said he is "morphing" to give DACA citizenship in 10-12 yrs. "It's incentive."
By tomorrow, he will likely say something different.

@Victoria33
If he didn't change then people would argue he doesn't learn from mistakes.   Regardless if he came out and said all dreamers must be deported, the left would parade a dozen toddlers across the stage and tell everyone how he wants to ship them back all alone.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2018, 01:54:48 pm »

My parents brought me to America legally from Italy when I was five.

I have no problem with creating a legal path to citizenship for minors brought here illegally through no intention of their own.

Conservatives can be so freaking dense.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2018, 02:06:33 pm »
My parents brought me to America legally from Italy when I was five.

I have no problem with creating a legal path to citizenship for minors brought here illegally through no intention of their own.

Conservatives can be so freaking dense.

Agree.   Trump's showing more sense on this issue than the immigration hard-liners.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2018, 02:15:53 pm »
We don't need demographic change and that is all the Democrats want, Trump is just negotiating the deal because he knows the Democrats will not cave on chain migration and building the wall. The Dems got humiliated in the government shutdown.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2018, 02:20:44 pm »
Agree.   Trump's showing more sense on this issue than the immigration hard-liners.

Yep. Look at the impact this action could have on the Republican Party.

Just consider this: the number of Jews who generations after FDR liberated the concentration camps, against all logic, still give their loyalty to and vote for Democrats.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2018, 02:35:08 pm »
Yep. Look at the impact this action could have on the Republican Party.

Just consider this: the number of Jews who generations after FDR liberated the concentration camps, against all logic, still give their loyalty to and vote for Democrats.

That's right.   The problem isn't "demographic change", unless we concede the Hispanic vote to the Dems.   That's crazy - President Bush had strong appeal to Hispanics,  and Republicans who don't resort to dog whistles have historically garnered between 40 and 45 percent of the Hispanic vote.  And why not?   Hispanics tend to be hard-working, family oriented and Catholic.   

Offline TomSea

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2018, 02:35:22 pm »
As I heard Larry Elder state, the Democrats have not won the white vote in the Presidential election since 1964, that means LBJ.  It is likely that Obama still got a fair share of the white vote but unfortunately, we are mainly dealing with demographics which the Dems want to change.

This is all in the negotiating phase; darned if Senators like Graham can shoot even some compromises down, it seems traitorous.

Maybe legal residency? I think what we are looking at is the Dems are not going to allow most any kind of compromise that won't give them a great amount of voters.

Mike Gallagher was saying yesterday on his radio show that it would virtually be impossible to deport them all.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2018, 02:40:47 pm »
As I heard Larry Elder state, the Democrats have not won the white vote in the Presidential election since 1964, that means LBJ.  It is likely that Obama still got a fair share of the white vote but unfortunately, we are mainly dealing with demographics which the Dems want to change.

This is all in the negotiating phase; darned if Senators like Graham can shoot even some compromises down, it seems traitorous.

Maybe legal residency? I think what we are looking at is the Dems are not going to allow most any kind of compromise that won't give them a great amount of voters.

Mike Gallagher was saying yesterday on his radio show that it would virtually be impossible to deport them all.

@TomSea
First Gallagher is a fool.

Second, saying you can't deport them is a silly statement.   We do all kinds of things on a large scale and can certainly deport illegals if there is the political will.

But you won't have too.   Keep them from working, from renting an apartment, from driving, etc and they will self-deport.

Its beyond ludicrous that these people have been stealing peoples identities for years so they can do the above and our govt turns a blind eye.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2018, 02:42:40 pm »
That's right.   The problem isn't "demographic change", unless we concede the Hispanic vote to the Dems.   That's crazy - President Bush had strong appeal to Hispanics,  and Republicans who don't resort to dog whistles have historically garnered between 40 and 45 percent of the Hispanic vote.  And why not?   Hispanics tend to be hard-working, family oriented and Catholic.

This really is what Democrats and Liberals would say, black man Larry Elder of California laid it out pretty clear, the Dems have not won the white vote since 1964, California is now close to a one-party state and it could happen in state after state in the US.

Reagan gave amnesty and it did not help Bush 41 one iota. He lost in '92.

Maybe Bush 43 got some Hispanic votes, but I doubt if the breakdown is enough to offset those who would vote for the Democrats.

Oh, so now, "family-oriented, hard working and Catholic" are good values? Spare me.

Studies have shown Hispanics use government aid organizations more than any other group or at least, only 2nd to African Americans as a percentage of the population.  Big government people, how is California doing in this?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2018, 02:53:05 pm »
Oh, so now, "family-oriented, hard working and Catholic" are good values? Spare me.

They are to me.  Folks who are family-oriented, hard working and religious have the potential to be conservative voters.  Unless, of course, they are demonized by conservatives as undesirable "demographics".   
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 02:53:36 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2018, 03:25:36 pm »
BUILD THE WALL.  NO AMNESTY.  NO CHAIN MIGRATION.  Save our country and our sovereignty; it's really that simple.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2018, 03:30:59 pm »
BUILD THE WALL.  NO AMNESTY.  NO CHAIN MIGRATION.  Save our country and our sovereignty; it's really that simple.

What you demand is politically impossible, and morally indefensible.    Our country was built with the labor of immigrants.   Our past sins in failing to enforce the laws have come back to haunt us, and compel a political compromise to fix.   

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2018, 03:31:14 pm »

What she said. 

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2018, 03:32:29 pm »

@libertybele
I agree, how do you do it?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2018, 03:35:07 pm »
@libertybele

You can't.  If you want the Wall and changes to family-based immigration, you have to compromise on the amnesty issue.   Don't like it?  Too bad - that's reality.   The President knows it.   

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2018, 03:36:55 pm »
There already is a legal path to Citizenship, it's called 'Get In Line Like Everybody Else'.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2018, 03:43:18 pm »
@Victoria33
If he didn't change then people would argue he doesn't learn from mistakes.   Regardless if he came out and said all dreamers must be deported, the left would parade a dozen toddlers across the stage and tell everyone how he wants to ship them back all alone.

Ah, so the same kind of thing that 0bama referred to as "evolving".

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2018, 03:46:33 pm »
Ah, so the same kind of thing that 0bama referred to as "evolving".

@Sanguine
Obama is anti-American.  Everything he did was calculated based on how much it weakened America.

Trump isn't and doesn't.    I'm bet he would sign it if Congress put it in front of him.   Can/will Congress put a bill before him that deports all dreamers?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2018, 03:49:13 pm »
@Sanguine
Obama is anti-American.  Everything he did was calculated based on how much it weakened America.

Trump isn't and doesn't.    I'm bet he would sign it if Congress put it in front of him.   Can/will Congress put a bill before him that deports all dreamers?

Congress doesn't have to do anything.  Existing laws need to be enforced. 

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2018, 03:53:40 pm »
What you demand is politically impossible, and morally indefensible.  Our country was built with the labor of immigrants.  Our past sins in failing to enforce the laws have come back to haunt us, and compel a political compromise to fix.

Just curious - would it have been morally indefensible to enforce the immigration laws in the past?  You know....the sins we’re now paying for today?  I’m really interested to know how you do something immoral today to avoid sinning tomorrow.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2018, 03:57:49 pm »
Stand by his opinion on this will change next week.  He's all over the road on this.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2018, 04:04:23 pm »
They are to me.  Folks who are family-oriented, hard working and religious have the potential to be conservative voters.  Unless, of course, they are demonized by conservatives as undesirable "demographics".   

I agree. Our focus should be on fixing a broken immigration system and not feeding trolling lefties and democrats.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2018, 04:07:06 pm »
Stand by his opinion on this will change next week.  He's all over the road on this.

I can't wait until he proposes we sell advertisement space on the wall to pay for itself.  The future tweet will be something like.....

Terrible missed opportunity by unimaginative Congress not selling advertising space on beautiful border wall to bring down costs.  It has two sides - sad!
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2018, 04:11:23 pm »
@libertybele

The law to build the wall has already been passed...IIRC the money is already allocated.  It's been that way since what...2006?

Why we're arguing over something that's already been passed into law is beyond me.  Someone *cough* Trump *cough* needs to be made aware of this and hammer that point home anytime the whole Immigration/wall thing pops up.  Put it back on the Dems for obstructing like he did with the shutdown.  Use the same theme..."Dems care more about illegals than Americans".

As for immigration reform...end chain migration and the lottery...go back to merit based immigration and take the entire focus of our immigration policy off of Latin America and the Muslim world and make it more equitable to all countries.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2018, 04:12:51 pm »
Congress doesn't have to do anything.  Existing laws need to be enforced.

@Sanguine

Sounds easy, how?

Congress won't allocate the funds for enforcement.  They do allocate funds for legal defense for illegals.