Author Topic: Trump says he would speak to Mueller under oath in Russia probe  (Read 1462 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump says he would speak to Mueller under oath in Russia probe
« on: January 24, 2018, 11:22:15 pm »
By Jordan Fabian - 01/24/18 06:01 PM EST

President Trump said Wednesday he would speak with special counsel Robert Mueller as part of his investigation into the Trump campaign's alleged ties to Russia's election interference in 2016.
"I'm looking forward to it," Trump told reporters at the White House when asked whether he would submit to questioning by Mueller's team.

"I would do it under oath," Trump added.

Trump said he expects to speak with Mueller in two to three weeks, but cautioned the specifics are being worked out by his lawyers.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/370605-trump-says-he-would-speak-to-mueller-in-russia-probe
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Trump says he would speak to Mueller under oath in Russia probe
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 11:26:09 pm »
OMG..this is the worse thing he could do...I can't believe his lawyers would let him do this...
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 11:33:22 pm »
OMG..this is the worse thing he could do...I can't believe his lawyers would let him do this...

I agree, but I feel a big rope a dope coming from Donny on this. Every time everyone thinks he is going to bungle something or not come out on top, Trump pulls something out of his ass and it breaks in his favor. Be funny if the day Mueller was going to do the interview news broke that Bob was involved with illegal activity.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 11:38:35 pm »
Mueller was on the ropes with so many groups calling for an end to his clown show.
And now Trump decides to feed the bear with testimony? Why? Trump just gave credibility to Mueller's hunt.
Trump should have starved Mueller out and let him die. WTH?

This has to be another case of Trump's ego getting the better of him. It makes no sense.
Trump cannot stand the thought that anyone would doubt his victory. So he is walking right into the spider's web, to straighten that spider out once and for all.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 11:39:18 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 11:42:26 pm »
if he is subpoenaed, he has to respond. The question is how he does and that's a matter of negotiating.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 11:43:02 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2018, 11:45:44 pm »

Mark Levin just said moments ago that if this is true, President Trump should fire his lawyer.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2018, 11:53:15 pm »
I agree, but I feel a big rope a dope coming from Donny on this. Every time everyone thinks he is going to bungle something or not come out on top, Trump pulls something out of his ass and it breaks in his favor. Be funny if the day Mueller was going to do the interview news broke that Bob was involved with illegal activity.

Remember just a week or two ago Trump frightened all of us by saying he was ok with a clean DACA bill. The result was the democrats stepping in a steaming pile.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2018, 11:58:57 pm »
Remember just a week or two ago Trump frightened all of us by saying he was ok with a clean DACA bill. The result was the democrats stepping in a steaming pile.

When this Mueller circus act came to town a year ago everyone was in a tizzy because Donny was going to be going to jail for sure or at least impeached. A year later the FBI is in crisis mode, Mueller is now known as a Rat hack, Comey is claiming is law professor pal is his attorney because his ass is in legal jeopardy, Obama has been tarred with fraud FISA warrants, the dossier has been tied to the Hitlary and the Rats, Uranium One is being investigated and Donny is still rolling right along ruining the Rats day.

I'll wait till Donny screws this up to panic, but thus far he has played this thing pretty damn well so far.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2018, 11:59:37 pm »
If he's really "looking forward to it", he's a fool IMO.  There's no upside for him talking to the FBI/special counsel. 
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 12:00:34 am by Concerned »
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2018, 12:03:16 am »
Mark Levin just said moments ago that if this is true, President Trump should fire his lawyer.

Which one?  So far, the three I can think of are real beauts.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2018, 12:03:27 am »
When this Mueller circus act came to town a year ago everyone was in a tizzy because Donny was going to be going to jail for sure or at least impeached. A year later the FBI is in crisis mode, Mueller is now known as a Rat hack, Comey is claiming is law professor pal is his attorney because his ass is in legal jeopardy, Obama has been tarred with fraud FISA warrants, the dossier has been tied to the Hitlary and the Rats, Uranium One is being investigated and Donny is still rolling right along ruining the Rats day.

I'll wait till Donny screws this up to panic, but thus far he has played this thing pretty damn well so far.

@Frank Cannon

He's had plenty of practice in courtrooms.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2018, 12:04:08 am »
Martha Stewart....nuff said..
Support the USO

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2018, 12:05:10 am »
If he's really "looking forward to it", he's a fool IMO.  There's no upside for him talking to the FBI/special counsel.

Sure there is, he's looking like he's got nothing to hide.  I doubt it will happen.   At this point Mueller and the FBI are in crisis mode.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2018, 12:05:23 am »
@Frank Cannon

He's had plenty of practice in courtrooms.

Where was that?

Offline Concerned

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2018, 12:07:45 am »
Sure there is, he's looking like he's got nothing to hide.  I doubt it will happen.   At this point Mueller and the FBI are in crisis mode.

We disagree.  I was once interviewed by the FBI.  I knew I didn’t do anything wrong on what they were investigating and had nothing to hide, but it was still disconcerting to talk to them for hours and to answer their seemingly endless questions, all the while not knowing what they knew.  I was innocent, but I would never claim to say I was “looking forward” to talking to them, because I didn’t know what, unrelated/tangential thing, they might try and stick to me.  That’s the concern for the Trump IMO:  something tangential to Russia like obstruction.

Offline Blizzardnh

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2018, 12:18:44 am »

:patriot:

Offline Fantom

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2018, 12:28:37 am »

Part of it is political/public positioning. Another part is just how much info does Trump have on Mueler/clinton lawyers in this probe. Seems the worm is turning..FBI.....  :pondering:

Seems Herr Mueller is "The Insurance". Not to get rid of Trump, but to insure he does not prosecute them.....Mexican Standoff so's to speak.

I think a lot is determined by whether the real "deep state". Lower level , non-political FBI-ABC government employees wish to rid themselves of the stench of obama-Clinton corruption.

I know one thing... would love to play a night of poker with Trump.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline endicom

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2018, 12:29:45 am »

I suspect his lawyers will be there.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2018, 12:34:00 am »
<snip>

I know one thing... would love to play a night of poker with Trump.

I wouldn't be satisfied with just one night.   I'd love to play him every night for at least a year. 

Offline Fantom

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2018, 12:42:52 am »
I wouldn't be satisfied with just one night.   I'd love to play him every night for at least a year.

I figured he would clean me out in one night.... plus a year of MickyD's.. my God man... think of your cholesterol.  ***suicide***
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2018, 12:44:54 am »
I suspect his lawyers will be there.

Which one?  Jay Sekulow, who told Chris Wallace the DOJ was investigating Trump, but we don’t know if he’s under investigation?  Maybe Dowd, who drafted his Flynn tweet that could have exposed him to obstruction charges?  How about Cohen, who left his name on the LLC that paid off Stormy Daniels?  Will they all arrive in the same clown car?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 12:45:21 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2018, 01:17:27 am »
Mueller was on the ropes with so many groups calling for an end to his clown show.
And now Trump decides to feed the bear with testimony? Why? Trump just gave credibility to Mueller's hunt.
Trump should have starved Mueller out and let him die. WTH?

This has to be another case of Trump's ego getting the better of him. It makes no sense.
Trump cannot stand the thought that anyone would doubt his victory. So he is walking right into the spider's web, to straighten that spider out once and for all.

Well, you can look at it as Trump's ego getting in his way, or you can look at it as he may actually be on team Clinton/Muller & Rosenstein, or as mentioned by another poster, Trump may know that Mueller is about to be buried.  We'll soon find out. 
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline oldno7

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2018, 02:40:48 pm »
By Trump scheduling this 2-3 weeks out, he likely knows Mueller will be gone, well before that.