Author Topic: GOP escalates law enforcement probes as Russia inquiry heats up  (Read 892 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP escalates law enforcement probes as Russia inquiry heats up
« on: January 24, 2018, 05:05:20 pm »
 GOP escalates law enforcement probes as Russia inquiry heats up

With Mueller now focusing on the president, lawmakers level new charges of bias and even potential criminal misconduct.

By KYLE CHENEY

01/23/2018 08:17 PM EST

Amid new signs that special counsel Robert Mueller is pursuing an obstruction of justice case against President Donald Trump, Republicans in Congress have intensified their own investigations of the Justice Department's and FBI's handling of inquiries into Trump’s ties to Russia.

Tuesday brought several dramatic developments in the Russia saga, including the news that Mueller recently interviewed Attorney General Jeff Sessions, the first Cabinet official known to be questioned in the investigation. The New York Times also reported that former FBI Director James Comey was interviewed by Mueller last year.

But even as Mueller showed apparent momentum, Republicans made new charges of political bias and even potential criminal misconduct in the nation’s top law enforcement agencies.

more
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/23/congress-fbi-russia-republicans-escalate-probes-364616
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: GOP escalates law enforcement probes as Russia inquiry heats up
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 05:09:48 pm »
But even as Mueller showed apparent momentum

"Apparent momentum"? He has a process crime and a couple others relating to shit that happened 15 years ago. Mueller isn't doing anything but fish for dirt on the President.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 05:18:34 pm »
Mueller interviewing Sessions is 'heating up'?

Sessions recused himself a year ago because he knew he'd eventually be deposed.

Every legal expert I've heard says Mueller is winding up. Interviewing principles is one of the last steps in an investigation.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 05:20:42 pm »
Mueller interviewing Sessions is 'heating up'?

Sessions recused himself a year ago because he knew he'd eventually be deposed.

Every legal expert I've heard says Mueller is winding up. Interviewing principles is one of the last steps in an investigation.

@skeeter
My guess is he's seeing the stuff about FBI corruption (which involves him) and he's hard at work building a cover story.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 05:30:42 pm »
@skeeter
My guess is he's seeing the stuff about FBI corruption (which involves him) and he's hard at work building a cover story.

Mueller was FBI director when SOS Clinton was taking cash from the Russians for our uranium reserves.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2018, 05:32:53 pm »
@skeeter

888high58888
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2018, 05:36:09 pm »
@skeeter

Muller interviewing his boss' boss?  Almost sounds like more backroom deals being made.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2018, 05:43:37 pm »
Mueller was FBI director when SOS Clinton was taking cash from the Russians for our uranium reserves.

Exactly... and under the Clinton administration Rosenstein served as counsel to the deputy AG!!!  Hello.  Anybody?? What's even more disturbing is that Attorney General Jeff Sessions has directed the Justice Department to interview FBI agents about evidence in a previous investigation into a foreign uranium deal that may have been connected to Bill and Hillary Clinton! WTF??  He's having that same people involved with the corruption, investigating others involved in the same corruption!!!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2018, 05:47:29 pm »
Exactly... and under the Clinton administration Rosenstein served as counsel to the deputy AG!!!  Hello.  Anybody?? What's even more disturbing is that Attorney General Jeff Sessions has directed the Justice Department to interview FBI agents about evidence in a previous investigation into a foreign uranium deal that may have been connected to Bill and Hillary Clinton! WTF??  He's having that same people involved with the corruption, investigating others involved in the same corruption!!!

We can only hope he's vetted those he's assigned to conduct the internal investigation. The corruption you're referring to apparently involved only a few at the top.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2018, 05:56:57 pm »
We can only hope he's vetted those he's assigned to conduct the internal investigation. The corruption you're referring to apparently involved only a few at the top.

???? I don't know, nor have I researched all those who are considered members of the current DOJ -- some may still be Bammy holdovers ... and I would place my bets that most of the DOJ is corrupt along with those heading the FBI.  Sessions vetting??  If that were the case, he would have gotten rid of Rosenstein and Mueller a long time ago.  Sessions IS the biggest problem right now. 

I thought Sessions became suspect when he stood up for Cruz, backed him 100% during the campaign and then all of a sudden he threw his support to Trump....and shazam ... Trump appoints Sessions as his AG.  Connecting those dots becomes pretty obvious to me - Trump bought Sessions - however, I do believe that the Clinton/Bammy machine also bought him. (Just my opinion of course).