Author Topic: Missouri man mistakes neighbor’s house for his own, kills homeowner thinking he was an intruder  (Read 2796 times)

Offline Suppressed

Missouri man mistakes neighbor’s house for his own, kills homeowner thinking he was an intruder
POSTED 11:45 AM, JANUARY 23, 2018
http://kplr11.com/2018/01/23/man-mistakes-neighbors-house-for-his-own-kills-homeowner-thinking-he-was-an-intruder/

RAYTOWN, Mo. - A Missouri man was charged with involuntary manslaughter after he allegedly went to his neighbor’s home, thinking it was his own, then choked the homeowner to death.

Police believe Michael G. Augustine was drunk at the time he allegedly killed 60-year-old Clifton King, according to WDAF.

[...]
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Frank Cannon

All this thug jackass gets is "involuntary manslaughter"? Can't these slack jawed prosecutor jam him up with at least elder abuse, public drunkenness and about 58 other things to get him to a life sentence?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 04:36:32 am by Frank Cannon »

Offline Suppressed

All this thug jackass gets is "involuntary manslaughter"? Can't these slack jawed prosecutor jam him up with at least elder abuse, public drunkenness and about 58 other things to get him to a life sentence?

Bingo!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
How did he get in the house? Don't tell me the old guy left his door open.
And I can't imagine that the homeowner would have let him in.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Frank Cannon

How did he get in the house? Don't tell me the old guy left his door open.
And I can't imagine that the homeowner would have let him in.

This fat piece of human garbage was trying to come in the front door of this neighbors house. I think the old guy came to the door because of the disturbance and that is why this thing ended up in the front lawn.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
This fat piece of human garbage was trying to come in the front door of this neighbors house. I think the old guy came to the door because of the disturbance and that is why this thing ended up in the front lawn.

That's why you should never open the door unless you know what is on the other side. I've had people randomly knock on my door at all hours, even as late as 10pm. I just ignore it. There is no way I am going to open that door.

I think a call out of, "Who's there?" may have been a better solution.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Frank Cannon

That's why you should never open the door unless you know what is on the other side. I've had people randomly knock on my door at all hours, even as late as 10pm. I just ignore it. There is no way I am going to open that door.

I think a call out of, "Who's there?" may have been a better solution.

Well if you look out and see your neighbor coming in most people would let their guard down. The neighborhood claim this guy wasn't a problem.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Well if you look out and see your neighbor coming in most people would let their guard down. The neighborhood claim this guy wasn't a problem.

That's a good point.

But the article said the neighbor lived farther up the road. It seems obvious that the two did not know each other. That 'neighbor' moniker is something the newspaper made up for some reason I do not understand. The killer was not next-door as the headline would have you believe. These two never met.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

No, "first degree involuntary manslaughter" according to the article.  He intentionally accidentally killed the guy.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Did they cut the killer slack because he was drunk? That commonly happens, even though I disagree with it.
In cases like this, the killer is directly responsible for his own mental state, and should be fully responsible for whatever he does in that state.

Someone I knew received a higher sentence because he was NOT drunk when he whipped a guy's ass (the guy wholeheartedly deserved it), but had he been drunk would have been sentenced more leniently.

Ultimately, in this case, the responsibility for what is being used as an excuse remains with the criminal, and should not be regarded as a mitigating factor. Had he been organically insane, that would be different (as in something he could not control nor make a decision not to be.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis