Author Topic: Many FBI phones impacted by glitch that resulted in loss of texts: report  (Read 1003 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Many FBI phones impacted by glitch that resulted in loss of texts: report
By Morgan Chalfant - 01/24/18 03:54 PM EST

Thousands of mobile phones used by the FBI were impacted by a glitch that resulted in the loss of text exchanges between officials Peter Strzok and Lisa Page, Fox News is reporting.

Page and Strzok, who until recently were part of special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into Russian interference, have been under intense scrutiny from GOP lawmakers after it was revealed that they exchanged messages critical of President Trump ahead of the 2016 election.

Strzok was removed from the Russia probe last year, after the text messages were uncovered by a Justice Department inspector general investigation. But Republicans point to the messages as evidence of political bias on Mueller’s team and at the FBI.

more
http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/370560-many-fbi-phones-impacted-by-glitch-that-resulted-in-loss-of-texts-report
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Sorry, but I call BS on these being lost. There are many ways to retrieve the messages.

First, the messages are between two of more parties, so each party involved is subject to have access to the message.

Second, the physical devices themselves would/could have the messages still on them.

Third, most wireless carriers store text messages for up to five years and they can be subpoenaed.

Fourth, depending on the device, they may be accessible in another server such as iCloud for Apple devices or BES servers for Blackberry.

Finally, if they used a third party text messaging app like Google Messages or Facebook Messenger (both of which can replace the default device messenger app), there is another way they can be accessed. For example, I can see all text messages on my personal main phone on both tablets, my PC, and my other phone because of the messenger app I use.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Uh huh, sure......

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
You and I couldn't delete these messages with a court order.

The crap just happens at the FBI
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Bush's Samsung's Fault!
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
These messages are all easily retrievable. The FBI is treating the very tech-savvy American population as if we are fools or children. We all know how those messages could be retrieved, and yet, somehow the FBI can't seem to figure it out.

Until Wray, and Rosenstein, and Sessions, and Mueller, and all the others who are in control of this process are fired, nothing will ever happen concerning this matter. These guys are forming a wall blocking the truth from coming out. And they are so bold, they don't even bother to hide it anymore. The 'Secret Society' is still in full force.

Until they are out of the way, this matter will stay in the dark just the way they want it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
AbaraXas wrote:
"Sorry, but I call BS on these being lost. There are many ways to retrieve the messages."

You listed five possible recovery vectors, but there's a sixth I haven't seen mentioned much:

The NSA's Utah Data Center, which records just about EVERYTHING.
Of course, NSA isn't likely to give them up without a fight, but an order from the office of the president ought to do it...  ;)

Offline RetBobbyMI

Coincidental withe dates concerned too?  Not buying it either.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Oceander

So what was this glitch?  Can we have technical details?

Otherwise, I ain’t buying it.

Offline skeeter

A glitch that ended the day after Mueller was appointed special prosecutor. Right.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Many FBI phones impacted by glitch that resulted in loss of texts: report
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2018, 12:22:42 am »
So what was this glitch?  Can we have technical details?

It was one of them there Hillary Clinton ‘short circuits.’
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.