Author Topic: Razzies nominations: Jennifer Lawrence, Tom Cruise among Hollywood’s worst  (Read 933 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Jessica Derschowitz
Entertainment Weekly
January 22, 2018

One day before the Academy of Motion Picture Sciences honors the best of the past year in film with the Oscar nominations, the Razzies has revealed its contenders for 2017’s worst.

Transformers: The Last Knight earns the dubious honor of having the most nominations on the list announced Monday, with a total of nine. It was “recognized” in categories that include worst picture, worst actor (Mark Wahlberg), worst supporting actor (Josh Duhamel and Anthony Hopkins), and worst screenplay.

More

Offline Frank Cannon

They pan 50 Shades of Nonsense, but it made a pile of money. It cost $55 mill to make and took in almost $400 mill. There will be a 50 Shades 3: Electric Boogaloo. Count on it.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Might the Golden Raspberries finally be getting back to their original concept?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Frank Cannon

They pan 50 Shades of Nonsense, but it made a pile of money. It cost $55 mill to make and took in almost $400 mill. There will be a 50 Shades 3: Electric Boogaloo. Count on it.

Oddly enough I just saw an ad on TV. There will be another installment in the 50 Shades saga......

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Oddly enough I just saw an ad on TV. There will be another installment in the 50 Shades saga......
Yeah, the book series was a trilogy. It only makes sense that the film series would be, too.

Then again, this is the era of the franchise: find a concept that can be made into multiple films, and milk it for all it's worth. It doesn't speak at all to the quality of the films being made (the American audience is perfectly willing to buy crap, I mean, look at the Presidential candidates in 2016) but then again, the Academy's idea of good cinema isn't much more in touch, either.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Frank Cannon

the Academy's idea of good cinema isn't much more in touch, either.

It can be argued that any of these 3 50 movies are better than some of the crap they nominated for awards today.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Razzies and the Oscars.  Just more Hollywood autofellatio. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
It can be argued that any of these 3 50 movies are better than some of the crap they nominated for awards today.

“Phantom Thread” got a Best Picture nomination and Lead Actor (Daniel Day-Lewis), Supporting Actress (Lesley Manville), Director (Paul Thomas Anderson), Original Score (Jonny Greenwood), and Costume Desgin (Mark Bridges).

Out of the Best Picture nominees, Phantom Thread and Darkest Hour are the only ones I’d pay to see in the theater or go out of my way to watch at home.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause