Author Topic: China Warns Trump Administration Will 'Suffer Complete Humiliation' If Washington Continues To Provo  (Read 329 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Beijing has hit back at the U.S. after Washington sailed a guided-missile destroyer near the disputed Huangyan Island—otherwise known as Scarborough Shoal—last Wednesday without permission from the Chinese government.

The USS Hooper warship was spotted within 12 nautical miles of the island and described as part of "routine" operations in international waters by the Pentagon. However, on Monday China's ruling Communist Party’s official media outlet Global Times responded with a commentary that threatened Washington with “complete humiliation” if it continued to "provocations" in the South China Sea.

“China has exercised restraint against U.S. provocations in the South China Sea, but there are limits. If the U.S. doesn't stop its provocations, China will militarize the islands sooner or later,” the editorial read, in a report titled “U.S. no longer predominates in South China Sea”.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/china-warns-trump-administration-apos-170415929.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Rocket man must be lending the Chi Cons his spokesperson for angry responses by second language English speaking peoples.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Suppressed

Good for Trump.  We can't let China get away with this.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Rocket man must be lending the Chi Cons his spokesperson for angry responses by second language English speaking peoples.

It does have a very Team America-esque quality to it.
The Republic is lost.