Author Topic: In 2011, top liberal thinkers said nothing like ISIS could ever happen and Russia was no threat  (Read 411 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
In 2011, top liberal thinkers said nothing like ISIS could ever happen and Russia was no threat
by Tom Rogan | Jan 23, 2018, 2:15 PM

Be relieved that top liberal intellectuals were ignored in their security prescriptions the year Osama bin Laden was killed.

That's my takeaway looking back at a 2011 discussion held on the anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

I stumbled across the video in which Melissa Harris-Perry, Chris Hayes, Katrina vanden Heuvel, and Eric Foner debated perceived U.S. security policy failures. What struck me most was their absolute self-righteousness. After that, it's the fact that they were so wrong about most everything.

Chris Hayes argued that the post-9/11 international order would, post-2011, be defined by small proxy wars and not great power struggles. To that end, Hayes lamented how many "tanks" and "nuclear warheads" the U.S. military possesses and asked why we had not sold them on "Craigslist."

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/in-2011-top-liberal-thinkers-said-nothing-like-isis-could-ever-happen-and-russia-was-no-threat/article/2646832
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
"Liberal" and "Thinker" go together like peanut butter and dog crap XD
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw

Offline goatprairie

I wonder if there's any "big thinker" anywhere who predicted the rise of radical Islam fifty years ago.  There are still numerous  scribblers and babbling heads who believe Israel is at the root of all problems with violent Islam.
The facts are Islam has been at war with the west since its inception. Petro dollars by the billions have fueled violent Islamic fantasies in the last fifty years. Israel is used as a scapegoat for all Islamic failures and inspiration for violent fantasies. 
But even if Israel had never existed, we'd have violent, trouble-causing Islam. Because all Islamic societies are basically failures, they seek to take over and destroy the west. They'll do it violently if possible, but taking over by other means i.e. immigration and repopulation will work just as well.