Author Topic: Schumer withdraws offer to boost funds for Trump's border wall: report  (Read 676 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Schumer withdraws offer to boost funds for Trump's border wall: report
By Rebecca Savransky - 01/23/18 12:22 PM EST

Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) has reportedly withdrawn an offer he previously made regarding funding for President Trump's border wall.

Schumer told the White House through an aide that he was withdrawing the offer to give more than $1.6 billion in funding for Trump's proposed borer wall, Politico reported.

Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) said Schumer "took it off."

"He called the White House yesterday and said it's over," he said, according to Politico.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/370273-schumer-withdraws-offer-for-funding-for-trumps-border-wall
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Re: Schumer withdraws offer to boost funds for Trump's border wall: report
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 05:42:01 pm »
Poor Chuckie.  The last gasp of a Beaten Man.  It sucks to be him.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 05:47:11 pm »
Schmuckie Chuckie, he's the one! He makes losing, so much fun!
The Republic is lost.

Online libertybele

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 06:23:20 pm »
Chuck didn't lose a thing other than having to accept blame for the shutdown -- the DACA kids are still here and we still have no $$ for the wall, chain migration and cost the taxpayers a whole lot of money.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bilo

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 06:25:57 pm »
Schumer told the White House through an aide that he was withdrawing the offer to give more than $1.6 billion in funding for Trump's proposed borer wall, Politico reported.

The whole thing has been a setup to keep the Rat base angry and energized. Schumer knew the 1.6 billion was never enough and was not going to be accepted. Now the Rats can keep telling the latinos that they are fighting for them and it's the Pubs who are racist and unreasonable.

It is clear to me the Rats don't want DACA fixed. They want the natural born children of illegals to keep voting for them and for a never ending flow of illegals to keep coming in.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline WingNot

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 06:29:28 pm »
Schmuckie Chuckie, he's the one! He makes losing, so much fun!

Reminds me of that line in the poem read in the prelude that Moody Blues song.  It describes the Rats perfectly.

Breathe deep the gathering gloom
Watch lights fade from every room
Bed wetter people look back and lament,
another sheet for the laundry needs to be sent.

Online libertybele

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 06:43:14 pm »

The whole thing has been a setup to keep the Rat base angry and energized. Schumer knew the 1.6 billion was never enough and was not going to be accepted. Now the Rats can keep telling the latinos that they are fighting for them and it's the Pubs who are racist and unreasonable.

It is clear to me the Rats don't want DACA fixed. They want the natural born children of illegals to keep voting for them and for a never ending flow of illegals to keep coming in.

It may have been a set up, as the DEMS are quite capable.  But so far other than a hip-hip-hooray for nothing, the GOP get nothing out of this.  The DEMS need DACA and chain migration to stay in power.  To think that they are going to give that up is ridiculous.  The only way that's going to maybe happen is if the SCOTUS rules that DACA was unconstitutional to begin with --- then IMHO you're going to see the rise of the Latinos/LaRaza and a lot of civil unrest if these 'kids' are made to leave.  The DEMS still won't fund the wall and they sure as heck aren't going to end chain migration. 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2018, 06:59:54 pm »
Is Schmucky calling for "do-overs"?

Offline bilo

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2018, 07:02:05 pm »
It may have been a set up, as the DEMS are quite capable.  But so far other than a hip-hip-hooray for nothing, the GOP get nothing out of this.  The DEMS need DACA and chain migration to stay in power.  To think that they are going to give that up is ridiculous.  The only way that's going to maybe happen is if the SCOTUS rules that DACA was unconstitutional to begin with --- then IMHO you're going to see the rise of the Latinos/LaRaza and a lot of civil unrest if these 'kids' are made to leave.  The DEMS still won't fund the wall and they sure as heck aren't going to end chain migration.

We agree.

I think a winning strategy for Pubs is to keep pushing the argument that the Pubs are ready to resolve the whole issue but it's the Rats who aren't. All the Pubs want are reasonable immigration reforms; a wall, an end to chain migration, an end to the diversity lottery, an expansion of e-verify. The problem is the suburban swing voters who love their nannies and lawncare people.

If we aren't going to have border enforcement maybe it's time to look at secession. We really don't have a country if there's no control over who comes here.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline WingNot

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2018, 07:02:32 pm »
Is Schmucky calling for "do-overs"?

or is it "Sloppy seconds"?

Online libertybele

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2018, 07:14:59 pm »
We agree.

I think a winning strategy for Pubs is to keep pushing the argument that the Pubs are ready to resolve the whole issue but it's the Rats who aren't. All the Pubs want are reasonable immigration reforms; a wall, an end to chain migration, an end to the diversity lottery, an expansion of e-verify. The problem is the suburban swing voters who love their nannies and lawncare people.

If we aren't going to have border enforcement maybe it's time to look at secession. We really don't have a country if there's no control over who comes here.

Exactly.  We give up our sovereignty.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2018, 07:37:16 pm »
Well, we know how Durbin loves to make gross misrepresentations of things he's heard said....right?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2018, 07:52:03 pm »
Don't worry, we were promised Mexico would pay for it- and every time they objected it got ten feet higher.