Author Topic: California’s Income Inequality Now Worse Than Mexico’s, Poverty Level Highest In America  (Read 1460 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Looks like Piglosi just lost her labor force working in her vineyards.

It's odd about people and their willingness to work or not work.

Maui lost its sugar industry a little over a year ago.  The last plant closed and the last crop was planted and harvested.  There were two main problems.  It was expensive to produce and sugar prices went down.  But the main reason was, they couldn't get workers willing to work in the sugar fields.  At one time, they had a lot of Japanese workers.

Hawaii is poor ... at least the native population and other residents are fairly poor; yet we are surrounded by super wealthy from the mainland.  A lot of those wealthy have homes here that they never visit or at least seldom visit and tourism is the main industry.

But in spite of the need for jobs, no one would work in the cane fields.  At least not enough people.

And, this is a great place to be homeless.  The weather is always good.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Many of those Hispanics are grandchildren of Hispanics people I grew up with.

For those not aware, California and Texas have had lots of native born Hispanic citizens dating to the early 1800s when the Anglos went there.

I am not talking about legal immigrants or natural born Hispanic citizens.  We have legal Hispanic citizens in our family.  Here are some numbers on illegal Hispanic aliens.  Texas and California are on top followed by Arizona...........

http://www.pewhispanic.org/interactives/unauthorized-immigrants/

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
That thought would never occur to them, no matter How many more working class Citizen Tax Payers they run right out of the State.

They'll howl Racist even louder and have their House Rats tack on California Special Fiscal Relief riders into every bill they can sneak them into.

I have a lot of family still living in California, mostly Southern.

What do you say to them without sounding crazy?
"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
At the rate California is going, in 40 years this:

... will have been converted into a shelter for the homeless and illegal immigrant "refugees" ...

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author

Get out now before Moonbeam leaves you so broke you can't afford to rent the truck.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline DB

Basic law of nature. What can't continue won't continue. The state cannot continue doing what its doing without driving businesses out of state and losing its tax base which it is doing full speed ahead. When the consequences of that come to full fruition, real estate prices are going to crash again like they did here in 2007, perhaps worse. You don't want to be left holding property when the music stops... You're screwed at that point. Your taxes will continue but your income will not. I'm in the process of buying a home in AZ right now and unloading all my property in California.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
That's because in Mexico, the rich keep their money off the books.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Congrats California Liberals...you got EXACTLY the state you were hoping for.

No wonder the rest of California wants to separate from you.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!