Author Topic: Rush: Radicalized Democrats Are Hell-Bent on Destroying America as Founded  (Read 779 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Radicalized Democrats Are Hell-Bent on Destroying America as Founded

Jan 22, 2018

RUSH: Still trying to figure out exactly what happened to cause the vote. It was 81-18 in the Senate. They only needed 60. So whatever happened, Democrats ran like crazy to get on board this thing and reopen the government. Now, I’m here to tell you that the Republicans did not change anything that they offered. Trump wouldn’t even talk to Schumer over the weekend. Now, I’ve got the various offers that were made here. I have got the Republican… There were three different ways the Republicans went to the Democrats to try to prevent this shutdown from happening, and the Democrats rejected all of them.

Whatever happened is yet to be unearthed and discovered by me to my satisfaction. But it certainly looks at first blush here like there was a spine, a backbone from the Republicans for the first time in I don’t know how long. I can’t think of the last time the GOP won a shutdown showdown. I don’t know when the first time was. This probably was it. So maybe going forward the Republicans won’t be so afraid of the Democrats shutting down the government. It could end up being a paradigm shift. We’ll have to wait and see.

Now, this is Schumer. This was on the Senate floor during the first hour of the program.

SCHUMER: The White House refused to engage in negotiations over the weekend. The great, deal-making president sat on the sidelines. Despite and because of this frustration, I’ve been having conversations with the Republican leader over the weekend about a path forward. After several discussions, offers, counteroffers, the Republican leader and I have come to an arrangement. We will vote today to reopen the government to continue negotiating a global agreement with the commitment that — if an agreement isn’t reached by February the 8th — the Senate will immediately proceed to consideration of legislation dealing with DACA. The process will be neutral and fair to all sides. It is a good solution, and I will vote for it.

more
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2018/01/22/radicalized-democrats-are-hell-bent-on-destroying-america-as-founded/
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 08:26:20 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Radicalized Democrats Are Hell-Bent on Destroying America as Founded
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 08:34:00 pm »
How senators voted to end the government shutdown

By Veronica Stracqualursi, CNN  |     Updated 2:53 PM ET, Mon January 22, 2018

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/22/politics/senate-vote-reopen-government/index.html
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln