Author Topic: DEMOCRATS IN CHAOS: Pelosi, Progressives Attack Schumer; Democrats Lose Leverage To Protect Illegal  (Read 612 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
By Ben Shapiro
https://www.dailywire.com/news/26183/democrats-chaos-pelosi-progressives-attacks-ben-shapiro

On Monday, after news broke that the Senate Democrats had caved to Republicans on the government shutdown, earning a mere promise for a vote on immigration legislation, House Democrats opened fire on Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY), among others. Rep. Luis Guttierez (D-IL) grumbled, “They caved. They blinked. That’s what they do.” The only Senate Democrats who held out were from deep blue states, except for 2020 presidential hopeful Sen. Jon Tester (D-MT). House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) even jumped into the fray: “I don’t see that there’s any reason — I’m speaking personally and hearing from my members — to support what was put forth" . . .

. . . So, what did Democrats get from this shutdown?

Here’s the full list: the perception that Trump and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) had outlasted them at the negotiating table; the understanding that Democrats will be unable to fight Republicans using a government shutdown as leverage, at least on the issue of illegal immigration; the impression that Democrats care more about illegal immigrants than military members; a Democratic base that now believes the Democrats are on the run; the impression that Democrats were responsible for the shutdown.

Ouch . . .

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The only reason the Pubbies held tight on this is because they had Mr. Trump breathing behind them.

Otherwise, they would have caved faster than the democrat-communists.