Author Topic: An Honest Challenge for the Never Trumpers  (Read 5046 times)

Silver Pines

Re: An Honest Challenge for the Never Trumpers
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2018, 01:35:50 am »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2018, 01:42:22 am »
While no one asked me, still I have to question what the point is of asking a supporter to find something to criticize Trump about?

About the same point the OP asks in terms of asking non-Trump supporters to be honest about Trump's accomplishments?
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2018, 01:53:48 am »
About the same point the OP asks in terms of asking non-Trump supporters to be honest about Trump's accomplishments?

That's right.  There is the question of integrity from not being able to acknowledge the Trump positives.  How about the integrity of no being able to acknowledge the Trump negatives?  There's really no credibility for accusation of any NT when that question cannot be answered.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #78 on: January 24, 2018, 02:37:03 am »
My son was knocking on my door when I posted last....I should have added this:

It's not that I'm not excited to see most of the NTs come to their senses....it's the half-dozen hard-core denizens that offer up lame excuses...."Somebody on the forum told be to get lost....my support for Donald Trump wasn't needed...so...eff them, etc.."

To come back and ask me to give an example where I criticized Trump...is sophomoric.

I am ecstatic with this election and what he's accomplished thus far.

Predicted this bull market too...   

Life is good!   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #79 on: January 24, 2018, 02:46:41 am »
It's not that I'm not excited to see most of the NTs come to their senses....it's the half-dozen hard-core denizens that offer up lame excuses...."Somebody on the forum told be to get lost....my support for Donald Trump wasn't needed...so...eff them, etc.."

To come back and ask me to give an example where I criticized Trump...is sophomoric.

So you failed this 'honest challenge' you posted because you cannot do what the author himself requests of NT. 

As the Author put it: 'Doesn’t your integrity compel you to be even-handed, or, perhaps, to acknowledge where, at times, you may have been wrong?'

I guess the request itself is sophomoric unless as is typical of cults of personality - it only applies in one direction.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2018, 02:49:57 am »
So you failed this 'honest challenge' you posted because you cannot do what the author himself requests of NT. 

As the Author put it: 'Doesn’t your integrity compel you to be even-handed, or, perhaps, to acknowledge where, at times, you may have been wrong?'

I guess the request itself is sophomoric unless as is typical of cults of personality - it only applies in one direction.

Give him a break, his son was literally knocking on his door  :silly: :silly: :silly:
I stand with Roosgirl.

Online corbe

« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2018, 02:57:14 am »
   It is Good indeed, @DCPatriot much better than I expected it to be after Year 1 of Trump, credit given. 
   Though, I'll never forget there were better alternatives 19 months ago. I still don't trust him not to go back to his Liberal roots.   
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2018, 03:14:40 am »
It's not that I'm not excited to see most of the NTs come to their senses....it's that @DCPatriot offers up lame excuses....

There, fixed that quote above...

Why @DCPatriot your hypocrisy and lack of intellectual honesty is truly astounding.

I’ve posted several comments giving Trump some credit...are you truly that much of Trump fanboy slob knobber that you can’t point us to one single comment you’ve made criticizing him?  If so, sir, you have lost ALL credibility with giving ANY never Trump any grief and all here should respond to you accordingly henceforth.

Come on pumpkin!  Man up and produce one criticism that youve posted over the last year.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 03:15:17 am by Axeslinger »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Online corbe

« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2018, 03:31:47 am »
   There have been like 4 or 5 Never articles in the last few days and this Never $hit is just the Trumpers trying to paste those of us non ticket holders into a derogatory pigeonhole. Trump is OUR President and as Americans we reserve the right to criticize him in our speech as we did ALL the others. 

OK, what did you Trumpers do with @Cripplecreek?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2018, 03:44:11 am »
There, fixed that quote above...

Come on pumpkin!  Man up and produce one criticism that youve posted over the last year.

Hey sugar lips, superior intellect and biting wit aside, you don't get to change quotes.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #85 on: January 24, 2018, 04:31:31 am »
Hey sugar lips, superior intellect and biting wit aside, you don't get to change quotes.

Oh, let me guess; it won't end well for him if continues down that road? 

Please, it's common to "fix" other people's comments.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #86 on: January 24, 2018, 04:52:55 am »
Oh, let me guess; it won't end well for him if continues down that road? 

Please, it's common to "fix" other people's comments.

Tell me about it. I always get my stuff altered around here. It's criminal.

This place is awesome and would never alter anything.

Â« Last Edit: Today at 11:51:32 PM by MOD 13 »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #87 on: January 24, 2018, 05:05:02 am »
Tell me about it. I always get my stuff altered around here. It's criminal.

This place is awesome and would never alter anything.

Â« Last Edit: Today at 11:51:32 PM by MOD 13 »

Wow, I've never seen Mod 13 before.  Myst must be gearing up for a smackdown of Biblical proportions.  I sure hope it ends well for me.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #88 on: January 24, 2018, 05:05:31 am »

Says the woman who changed the quote.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #89 on: January 24, 2018, 05:12:09 am »
Wow, I've never seen Mod 13 before.  Myst must be gearing up for a smackdown of Biblical proportions.  I sure hope it ends well for me.

Scuttlebutt is you're first to go.

You didn't hear that from me.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #90 on: January 24, 2018, 05:14:07 am »
Says the woman who changed the quote.

Nope

« Last Edit: Today at 12:12:12 PM by MOD 13 »