Author Topic: Trump officials want 2020 census to ask about citizenship  (Read 1008 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump officials want 2020 census to ask about citizenship
« on: January 22, 2018, 02:03:09 pm »
 By James Varney - The Washington Times - Sunday, January 21, 2018

The U.S. census asks about age and ethnicity, but doesn’t currently ask residents whether they’re citizens — something the Trump administration wants to change in time for the 2020 count.

Like much of the Trump agenda, it’s not happening without a fight.

The Justice Department’s petition to add citizenship questions to the upcoming census has ignited a firestorm of criticism from immigrant-rights advocates who say immigrants will shun the process if they’re asked to reveal that particular piece of information.

“Such a question would likely depress participation in the 2020 census from immigrants who fear the government could use the information to target them,” wrote Sen. Dianne Feinstein, ranking Democrat on the Senate Judiciary Committee, in a letter signed by her and four of her Democratic colleagues.

“This chilling effect could lead to broad inaccuracies across the board, from how congressional districts are drawn to how government funds are distributed,” the senators said.

The census says some $675 billion, or nearly a fifth of all federal spending, relies on its numbers. The federal

more
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jan/21/trump-officials-want-2020-census-to-ask-about-citi/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Trump officials want 2020 census to ask about citizenship
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 02:56:03 pm »
As well it should.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 02:57:27 pm »
As well it should.

There is no need to ask the question as the answer can readily be determined without it.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 03:06:55 pm »
There is no need to ask the question as the answer can readily be determined without it.

Really?  Do tell.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 03:08:08 pm »
“Such a question would likely depress participation in the 2020 census from immigrants who fear the government could use the information to target them,” wrote Sen. Dianne Feinstein, ranking Democrat on the Senate Judiciary Committee....

What she’s really saying is the census is used to determine the amount of representatives there are in Congress and not counting aliens disproportionately affects Democrats - especially in California.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2018, 03:08:42 pm »

And furthermore, how many illegals are going to tell the truth?

But I still wonder with regard to the democRAT's response, how many illegals are supposed to be accounted for in apportionment for Congress, and distribution of federal funds?
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2018, 03:09:07 pm »
Really?  Do tell.

As I recall there are a number of questions already asked that would reveal the answer to that one if anyone ever chose to really look.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2018, 03:09:45 pm »
As I recall there are a number of questions already asked that would reveal the answer to that one if anyone ever chose to really look.

So it shouldn’t be a problem for you to point that out.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2018, 03:12:42 pm »
So it shouldn’t be a problem for you to point that out.

It shouldn't be a problem for you to find the form and see for yourself.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2018, 03:17:21 pm »
This is a good time to stock up on your fava beans and chianti.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2018, 03:20:21 pm »
Given all of the intrusive questions Obama added to the last census...this is mild in comparison.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline jpsb

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2018, 03:20:51 pm »

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2018, 03:48:15 pm »
There actually is precedent for this. Reading Federalist 55, people who were not considered citizens were also counted and set aside- for the sake of allocation numbers, they were only counted as 3/5th to 1.  They referred to those as people: "people ought not to be (counted)".

http://www.constitution.org/fed/federa55.htm

Offline libertybele

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2018, 06:27:32 pm »
They need to put on the form; "if you are not a U.S. citizen, please check here for instant monetary benefits"...
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline edpc

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2018, 06:32:39 pm »
They need to put on the form; "if you are not a U.S. citizen, please check here for instant monetary benefits"...

Or they could always hold a raffle for prizes, like a free trip back home......

On the morning of Dec. 15, 1985, 101 guests arrived at the Washington Convention Center wearing Redskins regalia and in a festive mood. They had received a letter from a new all-sports television channel -- Flagship International Sports TV -- indicating that their names had been randomly selected from a clearinghouse list of D.C. residents to receive two free tickets and bus transportation to and from the Redskins-Bengals game later that day.

The invitees were told they could redeem their prize with fellow winners at a pregame party, where they also could enter a drawing for 1986 Redskins season tickets and a one-week, all-expenses-paid trip to Super Bowl XX in New Orleans.

None of the guests made it to RFK Stadium for the Redskins' 27-24 triumph over Cincinnati, much less left the party with tickets to the Super Bowl. The entire event was an elaborate ruse crafted by the U.S. Marshals Service to apprehend federal fugitives and resulted in the arrest of more than 100 criminals with outstanding warrants for 90 felonies and 70 misdemeanors. Thirty years later, Operation Flagship remains one of the most successful -- and creative -- stings in law enforcement history.

http://www.myajc.com/sports/how-marshals-used-redskins-tickets-bust-fugitives-1985-sting/SQq1QzZg0LXMpd9SaVYAtJ/

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2018, 06:53:31 pm »
Census worker asks: "are you a US citizen?

Response: "no, but I am a legal resident."

Does the census worker ask for a document?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2018, 07:00:09 pm »
The Dems specifically in the blue states are desperate to count everyone they can to include chimps and squirrels so they can keep the number of seats in congress.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2018, 10:57:29 pm »
The Dems specifically in the blue states are desperate to count everyone they can to include chimps and squirrels so they can keep the number of seats in congress.

When Eric Holder stepped down he stepped up as the guy in charge of the Democrat, Nation Wide Re-Districting boiler room.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com