Author Topic: More Texts Turned Over From FBI Agent Taken Off Mueller Team  (Read 504 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
More Texts Turned Over From FBI Agent Taken Off Mueller Team
« on: January 22, 2018, 12:34:38 am »
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Justice Department has turned over to Congress additional text messages involving an FBI agent who was removed from special counsel Robert Mueller's investigative team following the discovery of derogatory comments about President Donald Trump.

But the department also said in a letter to lawmakers that its record of messages sent to and from the agent, Peter Strzok, was incomplete because the FBI, for technical reasons, had been unable to preserve and retrieve about five months' worth of communications.

New text messages highlighted in a letter to FBI Director Christopher Wray by Sen. Ron Johnson, the Republican chairman of the Senate's Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, are from the spring and summer of 2016 and involve discussion of the investigation into Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server. They reference Attorney General Loretta Lynch's decision to accept the FBI's conclusion in that case and a draft statement that former FBI Director James Comey had prepared in anticipation of closing out the Clinton investigation without criminal charges.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/more-texts-turned-over-fbi-agent-taken-off-161343170--politics.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

Re: More Texts Turned Over From FBI Agent Taken Off Mueller Team
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 12:36:02 am »
But, according to the letter, the FBI told the department that its system for retaining text messages sent and received on bureau phones had failed to preserve communications between Strzok and Page over a five-month period between Dec. 14, 2016, and May 17, 2017. May 17 was the date that Mueller was appointed as special counsel to oversee the Russia investigation.

The explanation for the gap was "misconfiguration issues related to rollouts, provisioning, and software upgrades that conflicted with the FBI's collection capabilities."

Seems convenient the system failed during the period their TDS would be reaching its fever pitch. :pondering:
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 12:39:03 am by edpc »

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 12:38:26 am »
Amazing how the software gremlins seem to bedevil everything associated with Clinton. 

Offline edpc

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 01:01:30 am »
An 18 minute tape gap is grounds for impeachment.  A 5 month text gap is an ‘oops...my bad.’

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 01:35:50 am »
Amazing how the software gremlins seem to bedevil everything associated with Clinton.

Ain't that the truth!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2018, 01:38:17 am »
Well gee maybe they could call the phone company who stores these for 7 years.  Or heck the NSA who has everything
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2018, 01:46:50 am »

FBI LOST 5 MONTHS Of FBI Agent Peter Strzok’s Text Messages…But It’s The Dates Of The Missing Messages That Are Curious

https://100percentfedup.com/fbi-lost-5-months-fbi-agent-peter-strzoks-text-messagesbut-dates-missing-messages-curious/
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 01:47:32 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.