Author Topic: Deportation fears have legal immigrants avoiding health care  (Read 299 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Deportation fears have legal immigrants avoiding health care
« on: January 21, 2018, 09:46:06 pm »
Deportation fears have legal immigrants avoiding health care
Associated Press, Jan 21, 2018, Kelli Kennedy

MIAMI (AP) — The number of legal immigrants from Latin American nations who access public health services and enroll in federally subsidized insurance plans has dipped substantially since President Donald Trump took office, many of them fearing their information could be used to identify and deport relatives living in the U.S. illegally, according to health advocates across the country.

Trump based his campaign on promises to stop illegal immigration and deport any immigrants in the country illegally, but many legal residents and U.S. citizens are losing their health care as a result, advocates say.

More: https://apnews.com/9f893855e49143baad9c96816ec8f731/Deportation-fears-have-legal-immigrants-avoiding-health-care

Offline skeeter

Re: Deportation fears have legal immigrants avoiding health care
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 09:49:37 pm »
Illegal aliens are afraid to access taxpayer funded services at no cost to themselves?

This will not stand!

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 11:03:04 pm »
Just more lies. Why would legal immigrants be afraid to access healthcare while illegal immigrants aren't? Hell I was a member of a healthcare provider, AltaMed that was/is more concerned with catering to the Hispanic population than anyone else. In their surveys to gauge how well they are doing they have a question about the patients ethnicity, interestingly the question is quite simple "Are you Hispanic", I found it quite telling that they didn't give a damn if the patient was any other race. This claim that legal immigrants are afraid to access healthcare is patently ridiculous.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 11:33:33 pm »
I'm all broke up about them not flooding the ER's.   Let the Grave Diggers turn them over.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."